Official proof of ICS update

Search This thread

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
Not really official until you start actually seeing it.

If it is an incremental update as I suspect, you won't be able to flash it if you are not very close to stock. However, someone will take the update on a stock unit and make an update you can use instead.

It will be here when it is here. Until then, My phone rocks as it is. No rush, no hurry..

dogswind

Mar 25, 2010
South Carolina
Well, now the RAZR's update that was referred to in the original Reddit post has leaked out. May be some truth to this yet.

Ice Cream Sandwich build 6.14.84 leaks for Droid RAZR/RAZR MAXX http://phandroid.com/?p=93261

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Considering the Razr/Maxx leak came within 2 megabytes of the "leaked document", I'm also starting to think it may be authentic. However, even if it is legit, dates get pushed back all the time. Verizon's word doesn't mean much to me. :rolleyes:

brando56894

Dec 16, 2010
Jersey City
I hope it is true because I want to run an AOSP Rom but I'm with you guys on the filesize, it seems to small. I guess well see in a few weeks.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

platinumrims

Dec 28, 2010
It's dumb that CNET doesn't have the rezound listed under any best phone category. But has phones that are worse listed. Even those without ICS....

Edited because some don't use context clues. Shouldn't have posted that word anyway. Le freudian slip, I'm not explaining that word either.

Last edited:

Khayos

Jul 8, 2011
GA
It's kinda gay that CNET doesn't have the rezound listed under any best phone category. But has phones that are worse listed. Even those without iCS....

That word doesn't mean what you think it means.

Or to make it a simpler question, why is It gay that it's not on a list?

chaos254

Mar 4, 2011

The word gay doesnt always mean homosexual. Here is good explanation...

. By the end of the 20th century, the word gay was recommended by major LGBT groups and style guides to describe people attracted to members of the same sex. [2][3] At about the same time, a new, pejorative use became prevalent in some parts of the world. In the Anglosphere, this connotation, among younger speakers, has a derisive meaning equivalent to rubbish or stupid (as in "That's so gay."). In this use, the word does not mean "homosexual", so it can be used, for example, to refer to an inanimate object or abstract concept of which one disapproves. This usage can also refer to weakness or unmanliness. When used in this way, the extent to which it still retains connotations of homosexuality has[4][5]

Reactions: brando56894

magicnanners

Oct 6, 2011
Milford
I want this to be true so badly, I wan't me some AOSP and while I don't know much about this stuff (this is my first actual smartphone) I keep hearing that once the official update is out then we will be closer to AOSP correct? Or am I way off? :confused:

brando56894

Dec 16, 2010
Jersey City
Yep that's correct. Once the official updates is released, the source code will follow shortly afterward. Sourcecode is what we need to build AOSP ROMs.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

nosympathy

Dec 19, 2010
Cincinnati
Yep that's correct. Once the official updates is released, the source code will follow shortly afterward. Sourcecode is what we need to build AOSP ROMs.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Well...yes/no...

We will get kernel source which should make writing a custom aokp/aosp kernel easier to write.

Still wont give us RIL.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

Reactions: brando56894

luis86dr

May 27, 2009
Jersey
RIL is key. No sense in having Aosp without the ril

Sent from my Htc Rezound
Follow me on twitter @lmrtech

refuse2bstopped

Jul 27, 2008
Soooo....

Just wondering, if I already have an ICS based "flashed" rom, will I get the official ICS update or at least be able to "PULL" it? My current rom is a supposed ICS based stock rom (if that makes any sense).

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
Just wondering, if I already have an ICS based "flashed" rom, will I get the official ICS update or at least be able to "PULL" it? My current rom is a supposed ICS based stock rom (if that makes any sense).

I suspect that you will have to roll back to "get" the OTA... since it will expect the stock GB... however, a dev will roll it into an RUU you can then flash.

Worse case, you S-OFF and get it after that.

dg4prez

Apr 16, 2011
Hooksett, NH

you won't be able to OTA, but you will be able to grab the ruu that will inevitably be posted an hour or so after the ota drops. i wouldn't be at all surprised if we have the ruu as a leak before the ota, anyway.

a few days after that, i suspect that many of our devs will have updated versions of their roms available. they're all itching to get at the ota.

at some point after the ota is released htc will release the source, at which point the kernel devs can get to work making us some decent ics kernels.

as far as aosp based roms, that will depend on devs like protekk (not sure if anyone else is working on this) finding ways to interface with the sense-based RIL apks. i'm pretty sure this will require some sort of go-between layer, but i'm not certain. protekk seems very confident he can make it work due to some difference in the ICS RIL stuff vs. the GB RIL stuff. i don't know enough about it to say why, however. either way, this will probably be the last thing we see - it's gonna take him some time to crack.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    verizon-device-updates.jpg

tanks gawd.
    FYI the sensation ICS update was 297mb and the htc vivid update was 314mb.
    as I agree certain words, can be said and be meant in a meaning MUCH differently than others interpret, I don't think this site will condone in that type of language here.
    Wasn't this posted already? Check out the ICS on 5/9 thread on this very same section of the forum...

The word gay doesnt always mean homosexual. Here is good explanation...

. By the end of the 20th century, the word gay was recommended by major LGBT groups and style guides to describe people attracted to members of the same sex. [2][3] At about the same time, a new, pejorative use became prevalent in some parts of the world. In the Anglosphere, this connotation, among younger speakers, has a derisive meaning equivalent to rubbish or stupid (as in "That's so gay."). In this use, the word does not mean "homosexual", so it can be used, for example, to refer to an inanimate object or abstract concept of which one disapproves. This usage can also refer to weakness or unmanliness. When used in this way, the extent to which it still retains connotations of homosexuality has[4][5]