In regards to performance, I haven't seen much of a change. I do notice that the bloatware seems to dominate the CPU usage less (which is very good). Where I've really noticed the update is in battery life. Note that I got my phone about a week ago and the battery is most likely still learning how to hold it's charge. Regardless I could never get the phone to last more than 12 hours on the previous OTA. On 2.3.6 I've managed to get my phone to last a solid 26 hours, still currently at 10% battery left.
For some reason the camera feels improved a lot in the new update. I'm used to taking drunken photos, most of which end up blurry. However since the update, it seems a lot of these photos turn out quite clearly.
As for anything else, I haven't really noticed a difference. Wifi seems the same and bluetooth I never use. Charging the device still seems to take quite a long time.
As for my process of getting to 2.3.6:
1. Rooted on 2.3.5
2. Installed Razr recovery bootstrap
3. Installed CWM on boot
4. Restored the stock 2.3.5 (rooted) Rogers image posted in this thread using CWM
5. Installed the voodoo OTA rootkeeper
6. Temp un-root inside voodoo
7. Installed OTA update to 2.3.6
8. Opened OTA rootkeeper and re-rooted
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|