6,164 posts
Thanks Meter: 31,839

By stratosk, Recognized Developer on 28th January 2012, 10:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th April 2012, 08:35 PM |#3631  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Thanks for 1.1.1 Stratosk.

Just flashed ICS333 RC1.1 with Semaphore 1.1.1s, everything working perfect so far.

28th April 2012, 08:42 PM |#3632  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 31,839

Donate to Me
More
Please accept my apologies
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratosk

I'm sorry for your issues.

And I have no more desire to build new versions. At least for now.

@all

Please accept my apologies about this comment.

I guess I was very tired trying to prepare the new version, and hearing about these problems and almost no comments about the new stuff make me decide to stop this project.

But, during the day and after reading all these beatiful comments from all of you, I realized that Semaphore is part of my life. It sounds a little bit exceeding saying this but it's true.
For almost a year this project and most of all the communication with all of you is an important part of my life.

And it would be unfair for all of you and for me to kill Semaphore.

@Znida
I'm sorry. My commect was general and I didn't mean to blame you for anything.

@mialwe
Thanks about your comment my friend. It's good to hear that from a person like you.

@bennybaz
Thanks so much trying to help. Beers it's not the issue. As I said I work on Semaphore for year and the $600 is not the reason I still working for this.
Of course it's a huge help for me and many thanks to everybody who donate to me.

@greasyguy
Thanks mate, really appreciated.

@all
Thanks again for your nice comments. You gave me the motivation to start working again. THANK YOU!
The Following 68 Users Say Thank You to stratosk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2012, 08:42 PM |#3633  
Flag Mexico Df
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks for this versión i've i9000t telcel from Mexico i install the 1.1.1 and i dont have any problem settings ondemand ui, netfilter, lock min scalling freq, simple i/o, deepsleep, touchwake 15s on aokp 34 thank stratosk for the best kernel

Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk 2
28th April 2012, 08:52 PM |#3634  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 245

More
Smooth_UI is excellent! And battery life seems an improvement over stock CM9.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium
28th April 2012, 08:58 PM |#3635  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Just installed this after being on Devil Kernel - it's solved a BT connection problem

But I had hoped it would solve a USB Host problem, where I'm seeing the USB device, but no 'mount' optionClick image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1335643037371.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	1029654 Any ideas?
28th April 2012, 09:19 PM |#3636  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,547

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

@all

I guess I was very tired trying to prepare the new version, and hearing about these problems and almost no comments about the new stuff make me decide to stop this project.

But, during the day and after reading all these beatiful comments from all of you, I realized that Semaphore is part of my life. It sounds a little bit exceeding saying this but it's true.
For almost a year this project and most of all the communication with all of you is an important part of my life.

@Znida

@mialwe
Thanks about your comment my friend. It's good to hear that from a person like you.

@bennybaz
Thanks so much trying to help. Beers it's not the issue. As I said I work on Semaphore for year and the $600 is not the reason I still working for this.
Of course it's a huge help for me and many thanks to everybody who donate to me.

@greasyguy

@all
Thanks again for your nice comments. You gave me the motivation to start working again. THANK YOU!

You should not apologize to people who criticize your work, but in fact is a great gesture that shows the kind of person you are.

Your Kernel it's one of the best, and 1.1.1s release with Ondemand Smooth UI runs like hell!

Thanks for this and please don't stop developing one of the greatest Kernels we have

Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to F4k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift F4k Ad-Free
28th April 2012, 09:54 PM |#3637  
Thanks Meter: 820

More
It isn't one of the best...its THE best. Can we have smoothui ported to cappy?

Sent from my Galaxy S Captivate on Slim ICS 3.4 w/Semaphore Kernel 1.220Ghz@122% live OC and 387mb available RAM. BUTTER
The Following User Says Thank You to topiratiko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift topiratiko Ad-Free
28th April 2012, 10:14 PM |#3638  
Thanks Meter: 222

More
Quote:

@all

@Znida

@mialwe

@bennybaz

@greasyguy

@all

Mate, there will always be issues regardless, but your one of the few devs who actually seems to care.

We all believe we found the root cause of the latest "no boot" bug for you and its no big issue at all.

Maybe an idea to mention it on the op though so new corners to the kernel are aware.

Your kernel makes my phone work faster, smoother and seemingly with better battery life than with any previous Android OS, which is amazing considering Samsung state our devices can't run it! (OK, because of TW, but still)

Please don't ever get disheartened by people saying they have issues, as it just shows that they want and are determined to use your kernel because its the best!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA
28th April 2012, 10:44 PM |#3639  
Thanks Meter: 87

More
hey stratosk,
i hope you wont give up your semaphore project. really, you are one of the most important maintainers in kernel development! as i wrote at the beginning of this thread i like your style with these init.d features. the possibility to unload certain scripts is genuis, makes it compact and fast and your latest update is really worth flashing. the tweaked smooth ui is so much more responsive! just... wow!

thank you!

Tapatalked
The Following User Says Thank You to pl4cid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pl4cid Ad-Free
28th April 2012, 11:15 PM |#3640  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Question hey Guys...
hey i just flashed v1.1.1s on ICSSGS 4.2 somehow my youtube video won't play any idea what might happen but when i flashed v0.9.1 before it works... well i guess i'm goin back till it fix thanks for the hard work...:D
28th April 2012, 11:34 PM |#3641  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
beautiful beautiful kernel

thanks so much
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ics, semaphore

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)