Boot Manager on Rezound

Search This thread

Conap

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 1, 2010
Conap, what do we do if we want to boot ics and we have gb firmware? The mounting points are different.

sent from my S-OFF, INCREDIBLE, faster than a THUNDERBOLT, REZOUND!

I'm still on gb firmware. A couple of the rom's have a zip file that will revert the mountpoints so I just flash that after flashing the ics rom and haven't had any issues. Also make sure you have the setting correct in BootManager for which ever hboot your using.

racinwarrior

Aug 12, 2010
I'm still on gb firmware. A couple of the rom's have a zip file that will revert the mountpoints so I just flash that after flashing the ics rom and haven't had any issues. Also make sure you have the setting correct in BootManager for which ever hboot your using.

email sent

*UPDATE* - seems like it was a problem with Joels BAMF 2.1 ROM and Superuser access. Boot manager was not requesting root and therefore was not able to manage the roms correctly. it never notified me so i had no idea. I switched to Clean ROM 4.3 and boot manager requested root right away. seems to be working now

thank you for the help and support

Last edited:

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
I just downloaded this app and working so far ! :) Takes a long time to load rom though from the boot manager app would it be faster to install rom in recovery then have boot manager load it in a slot from the nandroid ?

tekhna

Dec 31, 2007
So I do the install, it installs, but it tells me I don't have a boot.img.
I extracted the kernel from the ROM, put it in a separate directory and included it in the queue, but it doesn't seem to have worked? If I use a file explorer to navigate to the directory where the ROM is installed there is indeed no boot.img. Any ideas on getting the kernel installed?

Edit: It says "Error Building new boot.img" FWIW

yojoe600

Jan 10, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I extracted the kernel from the ROM, put it in a separate directory and included it in the queue, but it doesn't seem to have worked? If I use a file explorer to navigate to the directory where the ROM is installed there is indeed no boot.img. Any ideas on getting the kernel installed?

When u were in phone Rom did u hit setup phone before u flash a Rom bc u should

Sent from my Dinc... I mean Rezound

tekhna

Dec 31, 2007
When u were in phone Rom did u hit setup phone before u flash a Rom bc u should

Sent from my Dinc... I mean Rezound

Of course, but it's probably not relevant to being unable to build a boot.img on an external ROM, unless I'm missing something about how this program operates.

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010

I installed 2 roms , 1 ics, other sense 4 no issues. Tried to load zones gb Rom with kernel included and got the same error..unable to build boot.img.

Re ran it was fine. Just finicky I guess :)
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Last edited:

yojoe600

Jan 10, 2009
Greensboro, NC
hmm well i have no problem on mine.. ( not saying i havent before... but its working right now).... maybe try uninstalling and reintalling bootmanager after clearing out the folders

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
hmm well i have no problem on mine.. ( not saying i havent before... but its working right now).... maybe try uninstalling and reintalling bootmanager after clearing out the folders

Thanks..its working fine. I just have to realize it maybe quirky at times.glad I waited for s -off so it has been a great app ! Just wish it was faster. Saw on the faq on the website that card class is a lot of it. So expected , I am still using card that came with the phone.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

yojoe600

Jan 10, 2009
Greensboro, NC
if u dont use the internal then its smarter to use it for bootmanager since it takes up a lot of space... also internal should be faster

magicnanners

Oct 6, 2011
Milford
Ok I'm going to sound like a total idiot asking this but when I install a zip and it asks me about wipes, which of them should I select?

pwned3

Jul 23, 2011
Cullman
I tried using this but it was extremely laggy even on the phone rom. I used the internal memory. Any suggestions on how to speed it up?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
Ok I'm going to sound like a total idiot asking this but when I install a zip and it asks me about wipes, which of them should I select?

Think of it as wiping from recovery.. and I select all 3 .

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

I tried using this but it was extremely laggy even on the phone rom. I used the internal memory. Any suggestions on how to speed it up?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

same issue when I used internal so I deleted it for now... when i was using external it seemed fine, just used up alot of memory.

Reactions: magicnanners

tekhna

Dec 31, 2007
Well, I can't seem to get much of anything to install because of the boot.img problem. Is it about the way the ROMs are packed?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, now that we have S-OFF, what's the progress on getting Boot Manager to fully work on S-OFF? Anxiously awaiting a fully-functional Boot Manager so that I can go ROM-crazy! Lol!

Seriously, I'm patient. Just curious as to an estimate of when we might see Boot Manager using S-OFF on the Rezound.

Thanks for all your hard work guys!

S-off really won't affect BootManager that much. The only place where we had to get around s-on was with the update.zip's that flashed in recovery to get back to the phone rom in case of a bad install. Currently they take you to hboot and flash the ph98img. This will still work of course even with s-off it's just an extra step but not really used that often(Hopefully). The biggest thing s-off will bring to bootmanager is the rom's will already have the boot.img's in them so you don't have to add them yourself. For actually using the app while the phone is booted though s-off/s-on doesn't really make any difference.

I can't even get it to install anything I keep getting lincensing errors.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

If you get that error then delete /sdcard/BootManager/.zips/lvl or if it doesn't exists /sdcard2/BootManager/.zips/lvl file and then reopen BootManager and the error will go away.

i appreciate it. like i said i could be doing something totally wrong so it will be nice to get some help

Sorry your having trouble. Can you either email me the log.txt from BootManager folder on sdcard or attach here or link here. If it says no rom installed then it sounds like there's no boot.img getting created in the slot folder. Double check there is a boot.img in the nandroid and rom.zip you tried to install but pretty sure it would be in the nandroid at least. The log should tell us if there's an error making the new boot.img.

One more side note for those asking ext2/ext4 you should always use ext4 with the rezound. I will probably end up removing the ext2 choice as it's not really needed for our phone's.
    Try installing aokp or cm9 as a nandroid instead of a zip

sent from my S-OFF, INCREDIBLE, faster than a THUNDERBOLT, REZOUND!
    Hey, just wanted you all to know that I am good friends with Gflam and Conap both of the devs at Init2winitapps. I am also a moderator in the forums over there. I have been talking to Gflam alot lately about a bunch of stuff and I can verify that at this moment Conap is working on officially suppporting the rezound. It may take a little while but I have complete faith in both of them to get this up and running. I also believe that they are working on getting the Droid Razr working but dont qoute me on that.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

They also have a new file explorer out called slide explorer with awesome features unlike any other file explorer... check it out!
    We released boot manager with rezound support yesterday it's pretty straight forward to use it's the same as all the other devices you just have to drop the boot.img or ph98IMG in the rom zip that the developer of the rom usually supplies and then just run the install as you would any other device (see our how to video for more instructions)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU0VJ1jmbx8
    Lol, gflam. I thought you deleted me.... I woke up one day and you werent there. Kinda like a one night stand....

Sent from my INCREDIBLE, faster than a THUNDERBOLT, REZOUND!