Looking for ROMs and Files!

Search This thread

morganlowe

Aug 4, 2007
Thanks a lot for your response again!
I don't plan on installing too much on the Shift. I just want to be able to use Windows 7 and the phone part on the HTC Shift.

I was also wondering how it would be possible to do that...
How would you use Windows 7 and Windows Mobile on another SDD without the Stock HDD?

Is there a download for windows mobile? Do you have to buy a CD? Would you have to partition your SDD?

The WinMo part has its own processor, ram and rom. No worries there as far as I understand. I will find out when I get back in town.

Spazer77710

Jun 20, 2010
Haha, That's awesome!!! Thanks again man. Oh, should I use the metal plated Compact Flash Card to 1.8" SSD adapter or the non metal plated one? Do you think 2 bucks is worth it?

morganlowe

Aug 4, 2007
Haha, That's awesome!!! Thanks again man. Oh, should I use the metal plated Compact Flash Card to 1.8" SSD adapter or the non metal plated one? Do you think 2 bucks is worth it?

Hmm I dont know how thick they are. Stock you only have 5mm to work with, so without covers might work better. Anyway you do it it may take some modding.

You might have to stuff a computer in a 11"x7"x9" box meant to hold an old voltmeter.

1.jpg

Or maybe you cant even find the case, but you got plywood! [This on is my proxy server]

2.JPG

Maybe you have an overheating issue? Drill some huge holes in your Lian Li case and apply water!

3.JPG

Just stay out of the way in the garage...

4.JPG

Maybe you need GPS in your Toughbook?

5.JPG

Or drill holes in your new Acer Netbook because the reception is bad on wifi...

6.JPG

Add a bigger antenna!

7.JPG

Anyways, dig in, take pictures, enjoy it! I love promoting modding!

Last edited:

Spazer77710

Jun 20, 2010
=ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Intense.

---------- Post added at 03:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

Oh, by the way. I heard that you can get HSDPA On the Shift. Also, with Windows 7, would the HSDPA Still work? Or would you have to stay on Vista?

HSDPA. Not HSDPA+ =D

Also, would it be possible to get android on the windows mobile side? Would everything work too? Or not really.

Last edited:

morganlowe

Aug 4, 2007
=ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Intense.

---------- Post added at 03:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

Oh, by the way. I heard that you can get HSDPA On the Shift. Also, with Windows 7, would the HSDPA Still work? Or would you have to stay on Vista?

HSDPA. Not HSDPA+ =D

It works in windows 7 once you get the drivers... I was thinking about getting some prepaid web for mine since I have Verizon.

Spazer77710

Jun 20, 2010
I just ordered 2 of those adapters. Also, I was wondering if there was a way to get anything else besides windows mobile on the windows mobile part of the HTC Shift.

How about Touch Flo 3D? Is that possible?
Well, anything else besides windows mobile that works? (HSDPA, Wifi, Calls, MMS, etc)

Spazer77710

Jun 20, 2010
WOW! You can make it work?! =OOOO That would be completely awesome! (Would HSDPA Work aswell)? When you make your guide, will it also be a tutorial on how to install Ubuntu? It would be the greatest ever.

morganlowe

Aug 4, 2007
Looking around I bet Ubuntu will work out of the box...

64gb SDXC card, one of those ebay adapters and CF card thing. I wonder if it would be bootable...

Edit: I just ordered the adapter, CF thing and This. Now I can see if it boots or not.

Last edited:

Spazer77710

Jun 20, 2010
Wow, that's a good deal!!! Keep us posted on how everything goes!
Also, I ordered 2 new HTC Shifts and I should get them within the next 3 days. I found the 60 GB Toshiba HDD from before. I might also have a 32GB SSD that will work with the OQO Model 02 which is the same as the HTC Shift, right?
I hope it still works. I don't need much room. I just want Windows 7 or Ubuntu with a working GPS/Phone/MMS! That would be the greatest! I was also wondering, is the keyboard backlit?

morganlowe

Aug 4, 2007
OK, So I got my shift done last night. 2gb RAM, Windows 7 ultimate, ditched the Italian WinMo side and installed LightROM with GPS working on both sides.

Lets start with liberation:

1) no data, I have Verizon and had no sim around either. I used instructions posted here and the 4g sim from my Rezound to trick it into connecting. I learned more Italian than I have ever before too.

One difference I did was I put a folder in Settings and included the Liberation file and shortcut. Since I had no data it was easier to load it into windows this way. Took about 20 minutes to get it liberated and the ROM installed.

Liberation and HardSPL files here.

Now that thats done... Some bonus files I found.

LightROM - lightweight ROM since WinMo is pretty much useless on here anyways. Good for GPS. First link for the light one.

BIOS Update

Modified Windows 7 Drivers - I was too lazy to renumber them but still go in order even if they start at 3.

Aero Resolution Changer - Found somewhere, this one works.

I take no credit for what is posted here. These all came from this or other places on the web. This is just what I used to get my Shift rolling on Win7.

Using Object Dock and Avast! Anti-virus with a HOSTS Script for security. CCleaner helps keep junk off the hard drive from web browsing and so on. And of course a dark theme.

One more - Cleanup Batch Files.
Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Spazer77710

Spazer77710

Jun 20, 2010
=OO!!!!!!! Thank you so much for this post. When I receive the HTC Shift, I will try and install Windows 7 Ultimate and intall the drivers. I will also try out that ROM. Should I try the e00 ROM or the Light ROM? Which is faster?
Thanks again!

(Also) When you installed 2GB of RAM, did you notice a HUGE difference in usability?

morganlowe

Aug 4, 2007
=OO!!!!!!! Thank you so much for this post. When I receive the HTC Shift, I will try and install Windows 7 Ultimate and intall the drivers. I will also try out that ROM. Should I try the e00 ROM or the Light ROM? Which is faster?
Thanks again!

(Also) When you installed 2GB of RAM, did you notice a HUGE difference in usability?

Go Light. I am having some GPS issues, but not too worried, I have a bluetooth GPS receiver. And yes, the RAM made a fair difference. Ubuntu tonight

Reactions: Spazer77710

Spazer77710

Jun 20, 2010
Alright. Light it is! Looks like I'll get the Shifts within the next 15 hours. Let us know how Ubuntu goes!

Spazer77710

Jun 20, 2010
Okay, I just received the HTC Shifts and I'm having a problem in the Windows Mobile side. I have no clue how to change the language to English. do you know how? =O

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is been a while, eh? Anyways I am betting someone out there still has copies of a ROM or maybe some of the various rooting, flashing, SPL, or even driver files out there. If so, help a friend in need!

I got a shift, was a gift from someone who used it 3 times. Battery is shot so ebaying one and a stick of ram so I can stuff windows 7 on it, but I want to play with the SnapVUE side too. Send me a PM, post it here, toss it online and link it!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
    Is been a while, eh? Anyways I am betting someone out there still has copies of a ROM or maybe some of the various rooting, flashing, SPL, or even driver files out there. If so, help a friend in need!

I got a shift, was a gift from someone who used it 3 times. Battery is shot so ebaying one and a stick of ram so I can stuff windows 7 on it, but I want to play with the SnapVUE side too. Send me a PM, post it here, toss it online and link it!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Very nice gift, morganlowe, enjoy it!
    What's wrong with the links or attachements on this forum leading to the various ROMs, SPL and flashing files, drivers, etc, are they dead or did they disappear?
    Very nice gift, morganlowe, enjoy it!
    What's wrong with the links or attachements on this forum leading to the various ROMs, SPL and flashing files, drivers, etc, are they dead or did they disappear?

Yeah, most are dead. The hosting sites used deleted files and such from lack of use.

My hope is someone still has something laying around. I can build a ROM but thats a pain and more effort than I really want to spend, plus I would have to go digging for the kitchen to cook it in.
    Hi,
    If someone still has a working rom that could be uploaded here, that would be really nice, and would make me most certainly quite glad right now, as I would really, really like to replace the chinese rom with english or german now.

Did you try all the links at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=480525?
    I've just picked up randomly on page 1 the attached txt file 20090309.txt (144 Bytes, 2981 views) leading to http://rapidshare.com/files/227915132/i00-ROM-Deploy-20090309.zip and the i00 ROM is there, I'm downloading it as I'm writting this post. The download link is really working.
    Good luck!
    OK, So I got my shift done last night. 2gb RAM, Windows 7 ultimate, ditched the Italian WinMo side and installed LightROM with GPS working on both sides.

Lets start with liberation:

1) no data, I have Verizon and had no sim around either. I used instructions posted here and the 4g sim from my Rezound to trick it into connecting. I learned more Italian than I have ever before too.

One difference I did was I put a folder in Settings and included the Liberation file and shortcut. Since I had no data it was easier to load it into windows this way. Took about 20 minutes to get it liberated and the ROM installed.

Liberation and HardSPL files here.

Now that thats done... Some bonus files I found.

LightROM - lightweight ROM since WinMo is pretty much useless on here anyways. Good for GPS. First link for the light one.

BIOS Update

Modified Windows 7 Drivers - I was too lazy to renumber them but still go in order even if they start at 3.

Aero Resolution Changer - Found somewhere, this one works.

I take no credit for what is posted here. These all came from this or other places on the web. This is just what I used to get my Shift rolling on Win7.

Using Object Dock and Avast! Anti-virus with a HOSTS Script for security. CCleaner helps keep junk off the hard drive from web browsing and so on. And of course a dark theme.

One more - Cleanup Batch Files.
    Enjoy!