FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL] AnThRaX #04 - [ICS] Universal Sense / AOSP / AOKP | +slide-2-(un)lock +beats

1,709 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,911

By kittykat858, Account Currently Disabled on 28th April 2012, 06:49 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
28th April 2012, 11:46 PM |#31  
OP Account Currently Disabled

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefsfempire

Running RLS2 minus beats on Newt's One S beta ROM. It's running rather well for me. I found a couple of bugs that may or may not just be me.

- 3G refuses to connect all the time (a reboot fixed this one)
- Random and significant lag (the phone will freeze for 10-20s after something is pressed; reboot fixes as well)
- WiFi connectivity in loop (Saved, Auth, Obtaining IP, repeat; reboot fixes)
- Screen took 10s to turn on when trying to hang up a call (only had one call)

- HW 0002 (ROM reports 0514)

Most of the bugs I listed happened only once and were resolved by a simple reboot, so take them with a grain of salt. I'm just reporting what I find in case it helps anyone else. I'm very pleased with this kernel and appreciate the work Chad's put in.

Cheers!

3g is gonna be rom related, as is wifi
if you are having lag on my latest kernel, i will look into it, its been solid on my phone
the screen on, not sure if thats rom or kernel - will look into it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittykat858 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kittykat858 Ad-Free

29th April 2012, 01:26 AM |#32  
Flag Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad.goodman

3g is gonna be rom related, as is wifi
if you are having lag on my latest kernel, i will look into it, its been solid on my phone
the screen on, not sure if thats rom or kernel - will look into it

Thanks.
29th April 2012, 01:32 AM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 393

Donate to Me
More
mmmm System-wide beats sounds delicious. Can't wait! Flashing now!!
29th April 2012, 01:42 AM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Is this kernel backwards compatible with Sense 3.0 ROMS? I want to confirm this before I flash it.
29th April 2012, 01:52 AM |#35  
Flag Massachusetts

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo3dtester

Is this kernel backwards compatible with Sense 3.0 ROMS? I want to confirm this before I flash it.

I'm assuming that since there have been significant changes from the GB kernel, the answer would be no. Can't hurt to try though if you want, just do a nandroid.
29th April 2012, 02:03 AM |#36  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,209

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad.goodman

It's a kernel issue that only affects some phones. Well about 33% of them. I disabled slide to unlock in the latest build on ftp but it will be re enabled in my next release

Sent from my EVO 3D S using xda premium

Ahh. So enabling slide to unlock will fix it? That's a win-win for me, I'd love to have slide-to-unlock.
29th April 2012, 02:16 AM |#37  
Flag Ruston
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Hey chad i would like to make a report on release 3... It gets real choppy once i start to play music from the sd card to be specific... other than that no glaring problems.. good work bro

HW version 1
29th April 2012, 02:18 AM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 566

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSolstice

Ahh. So enabling slide to unlock will fix it? That's a win-win for me, I'd love to have slide-to-unlock.

I feel like a noob. What do you guys mean by slide to unlock

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
29th April 2012, 02:53 AM |#39  
Flag Massachusetts

More
@Chad, I was able to reproduce the lag just now when I was playing music. I went to the home screen and had it rotate from portrait to landscape and back again and the phone crawled. The music became choppy like I was buffering on a low connection (music is on SD).

I'll try a wipe and see how it goes. Hopefully its just me.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTzLOLtrain

I feel like a noob. What do you guys mean by slide to unlock

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

You can unlock your phone by swiping the soft keys on the face of your device. Look up the Ponury Gesture Mod for more info.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thefsfempire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thefsfempire Ad-Free
29th April 2012, 03:09 AM |#40  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSolstice

slide to lock is causing issues for some, thats why it is disabled - i can make 2 versions, 1 with, and 1 without... so if people have issues, they can use the one without

i know what the issue is and im working on a fix
...and we can blame htc for using more than 1 version of touch screen in the phone
The Following User Says Thank You to kittykat858 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kittykat858 Ad-Free
29th April 2012, 03:11 AM |#41  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo3dtester

no - prolly wont boot on sense 3.x or GB roms
way too much linux 3.0.16 **** in this one - took over 14 builds b4 this one even booted on ics
The Following User Says Thank You to kittykat858 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kittykat858 Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
anthrax, hex-edited, ics, kanged from teamevo, kernel, sense4
Previous Thread Next Thread