[ROM]Thrill Seeker 1.2-beta5.3 Fast, Stable, and it makes waffles! (11/13/2011)

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thrill Seeker

TEMPORARY FIX
    Flash the boot.zip from the bottoms of this post to fix the battery issues. Its temporary because Im working on getting another kernel out that supports init.d. The current one has some major bugs as far as the cpu goes.

THIS FIX IS ONLY NEEDED ON 5.2 AND LOWER.

Introducing Thrill Seeker Froyo, a little something to hold you over until gingerbread. Its fast and its stable. I labeled it a beta for two reasons. One is that Im still changing things with the theme and have a couple MINOR things to iron out. Two is that you guys could always find bugs I didnt while testing this. But dont be fooled, this rom FLIES and and its been super stable for me.

This rom is rooted with busybox installed. It is based off the stock Thrill firmware and uses the stock kernel (temporary).
    -Deodexed for Theming
    -all system apps zipaligned
    -custom screen density
    -custom theme based off of HTC Sense & Android ICS (work in progress)
    -Removed a lot of bloat
    -Removed unnecessary services
    -Added reboot option to power menu
    -ADW stock launcher (ICS themed)
    -GoSms replaces stock Mms.apk (in gosms go to settings>important tips. Make sure 'stock sms uninstalled' is checked)
    -Network Tweaks
    -Disabled adb debugging notification
    -init.d support (you can add/remove scripts from /system/etc/init.d) Temporarily removed due to kernel issues
    -Several speed tweaks
    -Tweaks to improve touch screen responsiveness
    -Removed various debug/testing files.
    -Disabled power on/off sounds
    -ad blocking
    -enabled phone wake via 3D button.
    -ICS Fonts
    -ICS Sounds
    -200dpi Screen Density
    -Preinstalled S3D games now save data to External SD card (see changelog for 5.3 for details)
    -Cyanogenmod APN's (Most complete set out there!)
    -Batch Optimization of apks (work in progress, see changelogs)

Installation Instructions
    -First and foremost you must be rooted. Instruction for that can be found here: Root
    -Install CWM recovery. Instructions here: CWM
    -Download ThrillSeeker_5_3beta.zip and put it on your SD card (Ive include an md5 sum so you can check your download for errors).
    -Power off phone.
    -Reboot by holding 'volume down'+'3D button'+'Power button'. When phone starts to power on release 'Power button'. Once phone boots into recovery you can release the other two buttons.
    -Backup all your user apps, texts, and call log and make sure your contacts are synced (you shouldnt lose any of this but just to be safe).
    -Make a Backup from recovery to be safe
    -Wipe Cache and Advanced>Wipe Dalvik Cache
    -Select 'install zip from sdcard' and select 'ThrillSeeker_beta5.2-FULL.zip.
    -Wait for the rom to flash and then reboot phone.
    -If you want to receive mms you need to open gosms and go to Settings>Important Tips>Stock sms Uninstalled and make the checkbox is checked.

KNOWN BUGS:
    -Upon first boot you must tap the android to begin. There seems to be some delay/sensitivity issue here. Ive found that pressing and holding the android for a couple seconds before releasing does the trick. This is minor and only affects the first time you boot the rom.

-Please point out any other bugs you may find so I can fix them!

CHANGE LOG
    Beta 5.3
    -No longer need to manually enter APN.
    -Reverted to stock kernel for battery savings. No longer need to flash the battery fix. Working on a custom kernel to replace stock again.
    -Removed Google Feedback apk (This is only in the FULL version)
    -More theme changes (little things)
    -Re-themed lockscreen pattern (per request ;) )
    -Started the apk optimization process (long process) ADWLauncher.apk, Browser.apk)
    -Update to Cyanogenmod apn list
    -Preinstalled S3D games will now install data to External SD card (if you have saved data on your internal sdcard you can try creating a folder on your external sd card named 'Gl'. Then go into your Internal SD card>Gameloft>games>and copy the contents of the 'games' folder into the 'Gl' folder you created on your External SD card. You will still have to re-download the game data but youre saved progress will still be there)
    -More to come. Just wanted to get a little update out there.

Beta 5.2
    -Changed Launcher back to ADW. (themed for ICS)
    -Added Google Talk back in
    -Removed Facebook and Maps (market is working now)
    -Fixed Market (had to revert to previous market version since it doesnt rely on dpi)

-Fixed Camera (broke in 5.1)
    -Removed Cooltek Keyboard (was FCing. It can be downloaded from Market)
    -New ICS Roboto Font
    -New ICS Clock Font
    -Reverted to Original BootAnimation (ICS can be downloaded below)(Just a little explanation about the boot animation. The Thrill seems to have a LOT of haters. Its about us knowing its an amazing device. Haters gonna hate ;) )

Beta 5.1
    -Added Cooltek keyboard. Bigger buttons for the 200dpi screen density!
    -re-added some system binaries
    -removed a buggy script
    -added gosms as stock messaging app
    -changed to ICS launcher (feedback)
    -started change to ICS icons
    -ICS bootanimation
    -added ringtones
    -add ICS sounds
    -add Titanium Backup
    -add File Explorer
    -More theming
    -Add LG World app
    -Removed some system binaries

Beta3
    -Change wifi scan interval to 5 mins
    -Added potential battery savings tweaks
    -Fixed ringtone preview problem
    -MAY have fixed loading contacts from sim (needs testing please)

Beta2
    -re-added Facebook.apk
    -Fixed Social+ reboot issue
    -Minor application icon theming

Download:
    ThrillSeeker_5_3beta-FULL
    md5:4b3c1fb3cdd841cf3a4026233eeaed57

ThrillSeeker_5.3beta-UPDATE
    md5:4803c44aeed0438a0781fbc2312f2b08

ThrillSeeker_5_2beta-FULL
    md5: 9b806ddab4ecb867c07740973f7d2903

Battery Fix
    boot.zip

ThrillSeeker_beta3-FULL
    md5: 138b69dae2945081f1eba3648342f1e0

Stock DPI:
    240dpi.zip
    Stock DPI w/New Market:
    240dpi-NewMarket

APN xml file:
    apn.xml

Apps:
    Words With Friends
    WeatherWidget.apk Flashable zip
    Stock LG home Launcher
    ICS_Launcher

ICS Bootanimation
    ICS_Bootanimation

2011-11-09195735.png
    2011-11-09195714.png

2011-11-09195937.png
    2011-11-08172650.png

Buy me a beer
    5.3 is up as an UPDATE (can flash over 5.2). See changelog. Fixes some issues. There was a lot more I wanted to put in this update that didnt work out due to things breaking so I just threw in what did work for you guys. I did get a couple feature requests in however. Ill put up the FULL version tomorrow.
    I would like a link. I am new to the Thrill and would like to have a decent froyo rom.

Here you go

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdig8wtim8rsvpi/thrillseeker_5_3beta-full.zip
    So far I've had this issue with words with friends, Bank of America, and Facebook. I will keep trying others.

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA App
    I like go launcher a lot. But when it comes to messaging, I've really come to like youlu. And I don't know if you've checked out Sweeter Home 2, but it's a lot cooler than go launcher if you like customizing screens