Leo... Tech stuff first. personal last.
1) This thread has 753 replies.. more then 75% of them are about the weather!!!
and here I am asking for more! I too, am stuck. I have everything set. Works for New York City, but not my town. Glenmont, NY 12077.. And i can't find the location code on accuweather.com Could someone please copy and paste it for me!?!?
i have NAM|US|NY|GLENMONT and it doesnt work. I'm pretty sure that is the problem with me. Maybe i should just use albany? 7 miles away
2) Pocket Digital Clock on Home Tab of TL. I put the 2 xml files in the correct path. It gave me the options to add Plugins, but PDC is not listed there.. I uninstalled and reinstalled PDC. nothing.
3) I see the demo's for the new graphics drivers. What software out there (besides some of the TL features) uses these new graphics to it's fullest.. MONKEYBALL for pocket pc?! or something!? iPwne Reference.. sorry..
4) EMail and SMS in the TrottleLauncher is horrible. The envelope is NOT sexy. I changed the code in xml but i don't see any difference. Id like to take it away completely and just use the standard messages today plugin or anything. both of those tabs in TL are useless.. as far as i'm concered.. i do like the little green notification on the bottom when there is a new message..
4b) what if you have 2 email accounts?! i have my exchange server AND a gmail account AND hotmail? I have yahoo's too but i dont check them from the phone. yahoo sucks.
4c) not Ice Tea!! If you have gmail account problems?! Try this. Email, options, click on the gmail account, edit account settings, email address > next, name > next, mail server > next, UN & PW > next, outgoing mail sever STOP!!! click on advanced server settings, select MEdia Net network connection instead of INTERNET...
5) TL Contacts...mode: FLASH... i have everyone from THE MATRIX and none of my contacts.. if i set it back to PLAIN, i have only my fav's which works succesfully.
6) by the way.. horizontal scroll type i set to KENETIC instead of DIRECT!!! for EVERYTHING!!! the direct settings was horrible..
7) Adobe Flash 7 is not installed in this rom.. you have to install it manually to have the clock on the home tab animated. Same for contacts and weather.
8) there is an icon action setting in alot of the tabs under touchflow3d config with the "..." button.. almost all of them say
age.. I figured out how to change the photo's tab so that when you click on the photo tab it takes you straight to PocketCM ImageViewer, but it would be cool if you could see the photos in TL and when you CLICK on one of the photos, it takes you to PocketCM ImageViewer
9) brightness settings from TL? any way?
10) OH alot of people ask if there is a way with FLASH CLOCK on the home tab, if you can make it 12 hour format?! just CLICK ON THE HOURS?!?! :P
11) added more then 15 programs to the program's tab.. still doesnt give me 9 icons ON EVERY PAGE.. ONLY THE FIRST PAGE OF ICONS.. the rest are only six..
12 and last) SBP products... at first i thought i could get away without using any of my 3 fav spb products. Moble Shell, Phone Suite and Pocket Plus. I found out i was still wrong.
The only problem with them and this rom is that the PHONE SUITE isnt available as a plug in. but the other 2 are..
Now real quick I just wanted to touch a few bases on why I still needed these products.
Mobile Shell, lets me modify the soft keys easily. and gives you a GREAT user interface without QUERKS... compaired to TL, it just WORKS right out of the box but it doesnt have as much to it.. I'm still playing with TL
Phone Suite.. i need the sound profiles, easy access to turn on/off bluetooth and wifi, photo speed dials and notifications all on one today screen line.. can't beat it!
SPB Pocket Plus..the close button just functions better then the x-button with a customizeable task manager drop down! Everyone wants a % batt meter well pocket plus has it. pocket plus lets you configure EVERY BUTTON WITH AND WITHOUT A HOLD OPTION right in the windows mobile button settings.. Safe Mode, Zip Built in, smart scrolling (better then touchflow but not in as many programs), file open dialog box is way better too...
why am i preaching about it.. because i wish some or most of these cool features were in someones rom..
OK i'm sorry that was long.. i'm just trying to help with good details. THIS IS NOT A BASH ON LEO OR HIS ROM.. quite the opposite..
i have been a pocket pc addict since 2003 with verizon's 6600!! OLD SCHOOL POCKET PC PHONE EDITION!!! I have tried each and every rom that i can. On all sorts of equipment. 100s of cabs and programs from around the world. I have spent the past 2 days, going through EACH AND EVERY POST ON THIS THREAD.. 76 PAGES OF POSTS!!! I HAVE NEVER READ SO MUCH ON A ROM BEFORE! technically i think more of the posts are about TL then Windows Mobile.. but its ok.. This rom is the FASTEST rom so far. (when you turn off throttle launcher)!!! Video's work great, audio is awesome EVEN WITHOUT the WOW SRS features. Blackberry connect works. TCPMP works. YouTube player is cool! OPERA COOKED IN!!! (i hate that it is so freaking difficult to import your bookmarks. You have to install opera on the pc to do it)
I don't know how stable it is yet because honestly 3 days is not enough testing time. Can't speak for the GPS yet, but the radio and batt life is outstanding. Congradulations on a fantastic job cooking this rom.
I'm done... xda-developers should be proud to have you on the forum leo.