FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[27-08-08] L26 KaiserDiamond Throttle Launcher (Beta 6 released, discontinued)

7,972 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,154

By Laurentius26, Inactive Recognized Developer on 10th August 2008, 07:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th August 2008, 07:37 PM |#751  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwertz14

Go to Setting/Today and uncheck it as one of your Today items.

It is not checked.

20th August 2008, 07:50 PM |#752  
Flag Rutledge, Tn.
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledfortr

It is not checked.

The only way it wouldn't show up as a plugin in ThrottleLauncher is if ThrottleLauncher thinks there is an instance of it running in the background. Try a soft rest. If that doesn't fix it, go into Settings/Today and uncheck ThrottleToday and select WeatherPanel as your today plugin. Make sure WeatherPanel works properly as a Today plugin and make sure WeatherPanel is working properly, ie your weather updates, you can cycle through the different screens and they are up to date as well. If WeatherPanel isn't updating properly, go to Programs/WPConfigureHourlyFix run it and set it to update every 15 minutes. Make sure it's updating properly. Then go back into Settings/Today, uncheck WeatherPanel and check ThrottleToday. Then go back into ThrottleConfig and see if you see it as a plugin.
20th August 2008, 08:04 PM |#753  

More
Reflashing
I got a bunch of errors on the TL Theme so I am reflashing. As soon as I reflash, I will walk through the steps you suggest, great feedback, thanks!
20th August 2008, 08:38 PM |#754  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 274

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgie168

Fix is listed on the 2nd post but here's the fix:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=419

What would you use as the account name for the exchange email? "activesync" doesn't seem to work for me
20th August 2008, 09:10 PM |#755  

More
Problems with WeatherPanel
I reflashed my tilt and reinstalled and finally I see the weatherpanel in the plugins in the TL Config. I went ahead and downloaded another Beta4 ROm file for the reflash and it looks like it did the trick. TL seems extremely slow!

I still haven't figured out how to get the mail button in TL to hope to my Outlook E-Mail inbox after following all of the hints and tricks, still no luck....
20th August 2008, 09:28 PM |#756  
Flag Albany, New York
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thumbs up Oh My God.. 76 Pages Of Posts!
Leo... Tech stuff first. personal last.
1) This thread has 753 replies.. more then 75% of them are about the weather!!!
and here I am asking for more! I too, am stuck. I have everything set. Works for New York City, but not my town. Glenmont, NY 12077.. And i can't find the location code on accuweather.com Could someone please copy and paste it for me!?!?
i have NAM|US|NY|GLENMONT and it doesnt work. I'm pretty sure that is the problem with me. Maybe i should just use albany? 7 miles away

2) Pocket Digital Clock on Home Tab of TL. I put the 2 xml files in the correct path. It gave me the options to add Plugins, but PDC is not listed there.. I uninstalled and reinstalled PDC. nothing.

3) I see the demo's for the new graphics drivers. What software out there (besides some of the TL features) uses these new graphics to it's fullest.. MONKEYBALL for pocket pc?! or something!? iPwne Reference.. sorry..

4) EMail and SMS in the TrottleLauncher is horrible. The envelope is NOT sexy. I changed the code in xml but i don't see any difference. Id like to take it away completely and just use the standard messages today plugin or anything. both of those tabs in TL are useless.. as far as i'm concered.. i do like the little green notification on the bottom when there is a new message..

4b) what if you have 2 email accounts?! i have my exchange server AND a gmail account AND hotmail? I have yahoo's too but i dont check them from the phone. yahoo sucks.

4c) not Ice Tea!! If you have gmail account problems?! Try this. Email, options, click on the gmail account, edit account settings, email address > next, name > next, mail server > next, UN & PW > next, outgoing mail sever STOP!!! click on advanced server settings, select MEdia Net network connection instead of INTERNET...

5) TL Contacts...mode: FLASH... i have everyone from THE MATRIX and none of my contacts.. if i set it back to PLAIN, i have only my fav's which works succesfully.

6) by the way.. horizontal scroll type i set to KENETIC instead of DIRECT!!! for EVERYTHING!!! the direct settings was horrible..

7) Adobe Flash 7 is not installed in this rom.. you have to install it manually to have the clock on the home tab animated. Same for contacts and weather.

8) there is an icon action setting in alot of the tabs under touchflow3d config with the "..." button.. almost all of them say age.. I figured out how to change the photo's tab so that when you click on the photo tab it takes you straight to PocketCM ImageViewer, but it would be cool if you could see the photos in TL and when you CLICK on one of the photos, it takes you to PocketCM ImageViewer

9) brightness settings from TL? any way?

10) OH alot of people ask if there is a way with FLASH CLOCK on the home tab, if you can make it 12 hour format?! just CLICK ON THE HOURS?!?! :P

11) added more then 15 programs to the program's tab.. still doesnt give me 9 icons ON EVERY PAGE.. ONLY THE FIRST PAGE OF ICONS.. the rest are only six..

12 and last) SBP products... at first i thought i could get away without using any of my 3 fav spb products. Moble Shell, Phone Suite and Pocket Plus. I found out i was still wrong.
The only problem with them and this rom is that the PHONE SUITE isnt available as a plug in. but the other 2 are..
Now real quick I just wanted to touch a few bases on why I still needed these products.

Mobile Shell, lets me modify the soft keys easily. and gives you a GREAT user interface without QUERKS... compaired to TL, it just WORKS right out of the box but it doesnt have as much to it.. I'm still playing with TL

Phone Suite.. i need the sound profiles, easy access to turn on/off bluetooth and wifi, photo speed dials and notifications all on one today screen line.. can't beat it!

SPB Pocket Plus..the close button just functions better then the x-button with a customizeable task manager drop down! Everyone wants a % batt meter well pocket plus has it. pocket plus lets you configure EVERY BUTTON WITH AND WITHOUT A HOLD OPTION right in the windows mobile button settings.. Safe Mode, Zip Built in, smart scrolling (better then touchflow but not in as many programs), file open dialog box is way better too...

why am i preaching about it.. because i wish some or most of these cool features were in someones rom..

OK i'm sorry that was long.. i'm just trying to help with good details. THIS IS NOT A BASH ON LEO OR HIS ROM.. quite the opposite..

PERSONAL NOTE:

i have been a pocket pc addict since 2003 with verizon's 6600!! OLD SCHOOL POCKET PC PHONE EDITION!!! I have tried each and every rom that i can. On all sorts of equipment. 100s of cabs and programs from around the world. I have spent the past 2 days, going through EACH AND EVERY POST ON THIS THREAD.. 76 PAGES OF POSTS!!! I HAVE NEVER READ SO MUCH ON A ROM BEFORE! technically i think more of the posts are about TL then Windows Mobile.. but its ok.. This rom is the FASTEST rom so far. (when you turn off throttle launcher)!!! Video's work great, audio is awesome EVEN WITHOUT the WOW SRS features. Blackberry connect works. TCPMP works. YouTube player is cool! OPERA COOKED IN!!! (i hate that it is so freaking difficult to import your bookmarks. You have to install opera on the pc to do it)

I don't know how stable it is yet because honestly 3 days is not enough testing time. Can't speak for the GPS yet, but the radio and batt life is outstanding. Congradulations on a fantastic job cooking this rom.

I'm done... xda-developers should be proud to have you on the forum leo.
20th August 2008, 09:50 PM |#757  
Los Angeles,CA.

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyDogJeff77

Leo... Tech stuff first. personal last.
1) This thread has 753 replies.. more then 75% of them are about the weather!!!
and here I am asking for more! I too, am stuck. I have everything set. Works for New York City, but not my town. Glenmont, NY 12077.. And i can't find the location code on accuweather.com Could someone please copy and paste it for me!?!?
i have NAM|US|NY|GLENMONT and it doesnt work. I'm pretty sure that is the problem with me. Maybe i should just use albany? 7 miles away

for weather try Glenmont,USA
20th August 2008, 09:52 PM |#758  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2whisper

What would you use as the account name for the exchange email? "activesync" doesn't seem to work for me

Here's how I changed mine

Code:
	<event type="PageShow">
		<action execute="#$THROTTLE#\Util\PruebaMAPI\Message2Reg.exe" parameters="&quot;#@MailAccount#&quot; Refresh"/>
	</event>
	<if name="#@autoexitM2R#" value="true">
		<event type="PageHide">
			<action execute="#$THROTTLE#\Util\PruebaMAPI\Message2Reg.exe" parameters="&quot;#@MailAccount#&quot; Exit"/>
		</event>
	</if>
	<row name="header" rows="1" marginY="0" scrollingmode="None" minheight="20" skin="Setups\Touchflo3d\skins\#@colorset#\header">
		<text name="Title" rowspan="1" width="240" alignment="Center" text="Mail" fonttype="10,true" leftmargin="0" topmargin="1" spacing="0" />
	</row>
TO:
Code:
	<event type="PageShow">
		<action execute="\windows\tmail.exe" parameters="-service &quot;Outlook E-mail&quot; Refresh"/>
	</event>
	<if name="#@autoexitM2R#" value="true">
		<event type="PageHide">
			<action execute="#$THROTTLE#\Util\PruebaMAPI\Message2Reg.exe" parameters="&quot;#@MailAccount#&quot; Exit"/>
		</event>
	</if>
	<row name="header" rows="1" marginY="0" scrollingmode="None" minheight="20" skin="Setups\Touchflo3d\skins\#@colorset#\header">
		<text name="Title" rowspan="1" width="240" alignment="Center" text="Mail" fonttype="10,true" leftmargin="0" topmargin="1" spacing="0" />
	</row>
20th August 2008, 10:04 PM |#759  
Moderator Emeritus
Flag Ø®€gøñŅ͔̰̺̟̱̟͌͗͊ͨͪ͟ͅ
Thanks Meter: 1,115

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omarnone

for waether try Glenmont,USA

Yes if you don't have Flash Weather Installed, Try Just Glenmont, NY

No Zip No nothing. Also, make sure you click "Reload plugin" before you close the Config Program.
20th August 2008, 10:33 PM |#760  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledfortr

Yes I did enable flash. I am having some other strange problems as well, I may reflash. I haven't been able to get the mail.xml file to take me directly to my Outlook E-mail inbox from TL. Not exactly sure why I'm having so many problems.

Flash weather doesn't work in mine. Mine works without in the normal mode.
20th August 2008, 11:20 PM |#761  

More
gps
hi,
Well i have B2 installed and cannot get darm gps to work. did not work with the original release either. have not touched any settings. pretty much did this. flash to B2 / let all the autoconfig do its thing / run quickgps / install google maps and activate gps... not seeing any satellites or locking on anything. the orange/red light blinks but nothing.. even outside. I have an att tilt and live in florida.

any suggestions for me? thank you much...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)