FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Dialer issue with dcd 3.2.5, when hitting "Hide Keypad" - missing info?

632 posts
Thanks Meter: 108

Thread Deleted Email Thread
UPDATED: Now includes example screenshots. One without the "empty space" highlighted/selected (grey then), the other with it selected (it's red then). I labeled it "empty space" in yellow"...

Ok, so I'm running bone stock dcd 3.2.5 - no kitchen used. I upgraded from the stock verizon rom, so these two roms are all I know. The dialer included is different from stock (I believe it's the vogue dialer? correct me if I'm wrong) Well one thing I noticed is there doesn't seem to be a way to get to my contact list like the stock dialer, without quitting the dialer app itself? (Please please correct me if I'm wrong and how to get to it!)

I thought the "Hide Keypad" button, was what I needed. It brings me to a "Calls + contacts" list. However, underwhere it says "Verizon Wireless" but before the first call/contact in the list, is a large blank space (in either screen rotation). It's around 1/4" tall. It's normally the same grey that is behind the "Verizon Wireless" header at the top. But if you cursor up in the list to the top, or click/touch the space, it turns red (I'm running a red theme) - like something's supposed to be there. But it does nothing, even if you hit the select button etc. Just changes from grey to red, depeding on if it's selected.

It seems to me, that this is where the search box should be, or "quick jump to:" letters tab, like the contacts list itself has (which, btw still works fine). The search box + "tabs" in the contacts list, happens to be the same exact height, as this "mystery blank space". Is that is what is supposed to be here?

If the blank space WAS a search box + tabs, it would be really helpful! And woudl be just as fully functioned as the contacts list itself...

I realize this post reads odd, and if I need to post a picture of my phone I will, but I figure anyone running this rom stock, would see what I mean. (off topic but can anyone reccomend a good way to take a screenshot in the phone?) Thanks in advance!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen01.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	107545   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen02.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	107546  
20th August 2008, 05:03 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
The only time I use my contacts list is to text message somebody, in which case I'm not at my dialer anyways. I guess if I had to tell somebody over the phone somebody's number, I'd use it then. Is that why you need it?

I included a screen capture software.
Attached Files
File Type: cab ScreenCapture-PocketPC-Setup.cab - [Click for QR Code] (114.0 KB, 8 views)
21st August 2008, 02:27 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Webster, NY
Thanks Meter: 108

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenl

The only time I use my contacts list is to text message somebody, in which case I'm not at my dialer anyways. I guess if I had to tell somebody over the phone somebody's number, I'd use it then. Is that why you need it?

I included a screen capture software.

I use the contacts list to make additional calls while still in dialer etc.
Thanks for the cap program though it didn't work well. Found a good one from SPB.

I updated my original post with the screen shots. I labeled the space in yellow in question as "empty space"... Any input?
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread