FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[27-08-08] L26 KaiserDiamond Throttle Launcher (Beta 6 released, discontinued)

7,972 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,154

By Laurentius26, Inactive Recognized Developer on 10th August 2008, 07:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st August 2008, 10:54 AM |#781  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prelaki

Leo this rom is better than ever, after a lot of reading almost everything is working the way i like it (the rom is beautifull and quite fast as well, but getting to know TL is a lot of work).

But i keep having troubles with plugins on the TL home screen.
The fix mentioned in post 2 (enabling plugins) finally works (I had to disable the plugins in the original HTC home display), but when i select a plugin, the standard clock disappears. (tried enabling flash clock, but then throttlelauncher hangs).

Any help or insight into why this happens?

This might actually be an xml issue.
Blazingwolf wrote this config by my request to be able to run PDC on my device instead of the std diamond clock.
It is very well possible that this disappearing of the diamond clock is set in the xml in favor of the PDC todayplugin.
This might be the issue, if you actually like the diamond clock.

Maybe someone could look at the att'd xml files and see if this is fixable.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PDCTF3D.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.3 KB, 15 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to WIzard200x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WIzard200x Ad-Free

21st August 2008, 12:59 PM |#782  
Flag Sereď
Thanks Meter: 1,368

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuri78

Thanks very much for this one - Your's is the first ROM I flashed, However I am having issues with opening Pocket Music. When I click on the icon, it comes up with a White Screen.

Any help would be appreciated!

I have no problem with PocketMusic. Try reinstalling it.
21st August 2008, 01:42 PM |#783  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
[QUOTE=zard;2548817]Noticed that for both B3 and B4, the throttle today cannot load properly. Need to install by cab, then everything is ok.

how do yo install from a cab and what exactly are you installing?

thanks,

OZ
21st August 2008, 02:35 PM |#784  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Home tab
For people who don't like the mail and sms tabs (could be ), here is my home tab.

It's based on Gullum theme (here on ThrottleLauncher forums or here on XDA).
It seems right now that the pictures of his theme are not available due to a bandwidth problem where pics are uploaded.

EDIT: I found the theme image via GoogleImages, here you go.

Before (left) and after (right):

I basically took ideas from his XML, the code for the 2 lines where first there is the date, and second whre there are the 3 items: missed phone calls, mails and text messages. The grey bar in the middle is simply a copy from the one after "alarm off" (if you want them to be thicker, change their attributes "minheight="1"", where "1" means the bar will be 1 pixel thick).

You need to place the three icons (taken from Gullum's theme) in the icon folder of TouchFlo (\Program Files\ThrottleLauncher\Setups\Touchflo3d\icons). There are in the icon_and_xml.zip attached to the post.

Additionally, I removed the date from the top bar where there is the name of the operator which is now in the middle instead to be on the right.
Eventually, unticked in the TouchFlo3D conf the SMS and MAIL tabs (if you want of course).

XML file for my home tab is attached to the post. You have to edit the XML to set your email account. For me it's "Gmail", it can be for you "outlook" or whatever you call it (case sensitive).
So change the "Gmail" from the line below to what you need to open:
Code:
<text text=" #$reg,HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\State\Messages\TotalEmail\Unread\Count#   " path="setups\Touchflo3d\icons\nmail.png" name="Unread email" fonttype="12,true" fontcolor="255,255,255" leftmargin="30" topmargin="6" rowspan="1" width="32" height="32" exec="\Windows\tmail.exe" params="-service &quot;Gmail&quot; -open &quot;Inbox&quot;"/>
You can also tweak the way the date is shown, here you see a date w/o any coma, with day first and so on, of course we all have our habits for this, just edit the XML and play around with the orange part shown below (dddd: day in letters (ex: Thursday), dd: day in numbers (ex: 21 for today), MMMM: month in letters (ex: August) and yyyy: year (ex: 2008)). Language of your date is from your "regional settings" of WM, that's why they are in French here.

Code:
<text text="#$date,dddd dd MMMM yyyy#" fonttype="10,true" fontcolor="255,255,255" leftmargin="0" rowspan="3" width="178"/>
Have fun.
Attached Files
File Type: zip icons_and_xml.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.2 KB, 209 views)
21st August 2008, 02:41 PM |#785  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omarnone

Quoted his own post!!! What a cry baby BOO HOO HOO!!

Um...ok. It was for context. Thanks.
21st August 2008, 02:44 PM |#786  

More
Noobie help
Ok so this is my first attempt at flashing this (or any) ROM. I successfully flashed the Hardspl 3.29 as recommended and was attempting to Flash this ROM. I extracted the rar and ran the KaiserCustomer RUU exe. but it says "the Update Utility can not open the requested file please check your Update Utility" Is this something wrong with the rar?
21st August 2008, 03:15 PM |#787  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
There's no problem running Throttle today in beta 3 and beta 4.

For me it runs after every softreset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zard

Noticed that for both B3 and B4, the throttle today cannot load properly. Need to install by cab, then everything is ok.

how do yo install from a cab and what exactly are you installing?

thanks,

OZ

21st August 2008, 03:17 PM |#788  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentius26

There's no problem running Throttle today in beta 3 and beta 4.

For me it runs after every softreset.

Actually, I too have the problem (out of the box, so no tweaking at all), it's quite seldom it launches by itself, always get this error that "themes blablabla" are missing . I try to soft reset as less as possible
21st August 2008, 03:27 PM |#789  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Very weird. So you activated Throttle today?

Start\settings\today\items

Did you install any software, cab's with Tierautoinstall maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuzeff

Actually, I too have the problem (out of the box, so no tweaking at all), it's quite seldom it launches by itself, always get this error that "themes blablabla" are missing . I try to soft reset as less as possible

21st August 2008, 03:30 PM |#790  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuzeff

Hey, Leo.

Once in a while after a soft reset it will show an error message instead of loading, but that's no big deal, I sinply go to settings and check the box again for the plugin.

What I'm having problems with is coming back to the homescreen from another app or out of landscape mode. It will occasionally have parts of all the tab's screens shownat once in different parts of the dislpay. I can get it back to normal by reloading, but I don't think that's what you wanted to happen. I noticed it seems to do it when there's a lot of program mem being used.

-OZ
21st August 2008, 03:32 PM |#791  

More
Nope i didn't use this tool. What's confusing me each time, it seems sometimes every's ok (like now, try soft reseting 3 times, no pb, it launches), and sometimes for no reason after the next soft reset, it will not load and throw me the "themes error" to the face.

But since B4 I must confess I don't have this often . I also don't use any flash (clock or weather) for the first time since all your Beta TL, could be a start.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)