Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

USA Only: Galaxy Nexus $399 direct from Google

558 posts
Thanks Meter: 54

By Dark lord me, Senior Member on 24th April 2012, 05:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Quote:

‎[US Only] Starting today, you can buy Galaxy Nexus on Google Play. This Galaxy Nexus costs $399 and arrives at your door unlocked, without a carrier commitment or contract. Use Galaxy Nexus on the GSM network of your choice, including T-Mobile and AT&T in the US.

Galaxy Nexus is the latest smartphone from Google featuring Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich (with Android Beam and Google+ mobile hangouts), the best Google mobile services and fastest updates directly from Google.

This unlocked Galaxy Nexus also has Google Wallet pre-installed, so you can pay quickly by tapping your Galaxy Nexus wherever MasterCard PayPass is accepted. Get $10 in your account as a Google Prepaid Card after you activate Google Wallet.

Learn more at google.com/nexus, and get your unlocked Galaxy Nexus on Google Play: play.google.com/store/devices

Now umm how about opening it up to other countries. I wish I didn't get one on another three year contract a few months ago if it were this price i'd but outright.

This also boosts the rumour of Google opening up their own store for devices.

I can also see everyone on the Marketplace freaking out right now..

24th April 2012, 05:24 PM |#2  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,694

More
I just jumped for joy, I put my HTC Amaze 4G on Craigslist someones coming in about an hour to pick it up for $280 with ICS 4.0.3 on it a leaked update and I'm picking up this Galaxy Nexus.
24th April 2012, 10:18 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 237

More
Bought mine this morning. Selling the wife's G2x. We'll have the GSII and the Galaxy Nexus. I bought it for her, but hopefully she'll share!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA
25th April 2012, 03:03 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 482

More
Do I have warranty in other countries like Germany, if I buy the Nexus in the US?
30th April 2012, 06:53 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Any one know if I use this on AT&T and will be forced into their data plan?
1st May 2012, 10:58 PM |#6  
NYC
Thanks Meter: 3,800

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccab

Do I have warranty in other countries like Germany, if I buy the Nexus in the US?

Nope, Samsung USA warranty.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
The Following User Says Thank You to GideonX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GideonX Ad-Free
2nd May 2012, 01:29 PM |#7  
Flag union city ca
Thanks Meter: 123

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvscorp

Any one know if I use this on AT&T and will be forced into their data plan?

Same question will media net work with Google's nexus

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
3rd May 2012, 03:28 PM |#8  
Flag Hopewell
Thanks Meter: 78

Donate to Me
More
Te local HHGREGG sent out the monthly flyer and had the GNEX for VZW for $199...... Dunno if its a good deal but hey.....

Sent from my X10i using XDA
3rd May 2012, 03:39 PM |#9  
NYC
Thanks Meter: 3,800

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzmotoninja83

Te local HHGREGG sent out the monthly flyer and had the GNEX for VZW for $199...... Dunno if its a good deal but hey.....

Sent from my X10i using XDA

That sounds like a 2-year contract price.
3rd May 2012, 05:07 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccab

I'm not quite sure of this, but if you have a local Best Buy they might cover it under the GeekSquad Black Tie plan. I've never asked GS if they cover devices you bought from somewhere other than Best Buy, but it's definitely worth a shot. If anyone knows whether or not they do feel free to reply to my post.
3rd May 2012, 05:13 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Is there more than one model of GSM Galaxy Nexus?

I imagine that the $399 offer will drive down the price on the used market on EBAY, and I'm wondering if all the GSM Galaxy Nexus are identical. I know there are differences between other Samsung manufactured units meant for the European market when compared with the US carrier versions. For example some European models have FM radios and US versions don't.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread