[ROM][10/29/2012] MIUI.us v4.1 Beans full of Jelly

Search This thread

Echo113

Jan 17, 2011
Pittsburgh!! 412!!
Hey Lithium, or anybody, I've been trying to make a real theme for this from but I can't decompile the framework-res.apk or framework-Miui-res.apk. Do you think you can look at them and see what's missing so they will work right? Or maybe send me them before you work with them? Thanks.

Sent from my private terminal aboard the Normandy.

atypical1

Sep 6, 2010
San Diego, Ca
Great work. I'm was not a MIUI fan before but this is definitely making my change my mind. It's really smooth and resposnsive so far. I flashed it last night and it seems to just get better.

The only problem that I've encountered is a FC when I am in settings/apps. When I select a particular app it just FCs on me. For now I'm only installing the apps that I know for sure that I want so it's not much of an issue but I was wondering if anyone else was getting this error.

james

Belligerentxko

Feb 26, 2012
Miami
Just let everybody know, this rom is buggy because he only had it for two days but it is one the most stable miui ICS rom. It HWA does work, therefore no camcorder. FFC does not work. People who is having bad battery life should change there battery or use vipermod. A lot of ICS roms does not have good battery life unless you tweak it a lil. As for 4G... just wait :) please no ETA. If you have any other problems please join the IRC on miui.us or #miuis-us we will be happy to help.

PS.

Swiper mms fix will break a lot of things in this rom so please re download the rom that is in the OP if you have not already. Thanks

Belligerentxko

amiblindyet

Jan 10, 2011
Columbus, OH
Settings > P button force close ...confirmed
Manage apps > Select app force close ...confirmed
Facebook contacts will not sync ...confirmed
Facebook scroll rendering ...confirmed
a2sd find errors with partition mount ...confirmed

I'm looking into some of these errors so hopefully we can get some resolution. I do believe the Facebook foggy scroll rendering is because of the Facebook update as I have the same issue on a different phone, different ROM. More to follow.

atypical1

Sep 6, 2010
San Diego, Ca
Thanks for the update. I'm sure these little things will all get fixed soon enough. So far I'm really enjoying it!

James

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using xda premium

Uebele23

Jan 6, 2012
Select Music Track for ringtones does not stick as well. You are able to choose a song but it will not carry over to the local list nor play that ringtone when receiving a call.

mkc90

Jun 21, 2009
Dallas
Guys cam recorder works wth ics camera from the play store. ...now where can I get the tiamats ics kernel ?

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk

2LoWw7

Dec 7, 2007
Ohio
I'm having notification issues. LED inconsistently flashes? Using Mason v14 ics hwa kernel was happening on stock kernel too!

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk 2

qccoles

Mar 18, 2011
Select Music Track for ringtones does not stick as well. You are able to choose a song but it will not carry over to the local list nor play that ringtone when receiving a call.

I'm not running this rom, but that was common in GB.

You'd have to go to the MIUI theme manager and select your tones from there.

0xD34D

Feb 7, 2009
San Diego
Great work. I'm was not a MIUI fan before but this is definitely making my change my mind. It's really smooth and resposnsive so far. I flashed it last night and it seems to just get better.

The only problem that I've encountered is a FC when I am in settings/apps. When I select a particular app it just FCs on me. For now I'm only installing the apps that I know for sure that I want so it's not much of an issue but I was wondering if anyone else was getting this error.

james

With MIUI, you can uninstall an app right from the home screens. Just drag it up to the trashcan and it will ask if you want to uninstall it. :D

amiblindyet

Jan 10, 2011
Columbus, OH
Hey Lithium, or anybody, I've been trying to make a real theme for this from but I can't decompile the framework-res.apk or framework-Miui-res.apk. Do you think you can look at them and see what's missing so they will work right? Or maybe send me them before you work with them? Thanks.

Have you noticed that nobody ever answers you when you ask about this?

WhiteBoy997

Sep 13, 2010
The Garden State

Yes you can decompile them. Just use apk manager. It'll give you an error upon decompiling but just ignore it. Everything will decompile just fine. Then to patch your draw nine images just use xultimate drawing tool. Also the xmls decompile too.
I know this for a fact, how do you think I've been creating my theme? Let me know if you have any issues, just pm me

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using XDA

tomzefi

Just give it about a day. Seems like it speeds up after that

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

ROM Toolbox has a feature to disable apps from startup

Oh man. For some reason , after a day or so. Internet flies on 3g. Battery is 10 to 14 hours... I will upload screen shot next discharge.

dsEVOlve

Sep 2, 2010
Guys cam recorder works wth ics camera from the play store. ...now where can I get the tiamats ics kernel ?

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk

Is "ics camera" the same as "camera ics" by moblynx? Because "camera ics" doesn't work for me. Keeps force closing on video and sometimes on reg. camera.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

miuiusanim.gif

MIUI.us Is Proud To Present
    MIUI v4.1 For HTC EVO 4G
    As of 2.8.10, miui.com has stopped producing ICS builds that are based on AOSP. Only ICS builds now are patchrom which is a stock sense or touchwiz ROM with miui patched in. Since I port from the Nexus S, which is now built on Jellybean, all future builds will be Jellybean for the foreseeable future.

Installation Instructions:
    • Place ROM zip file in your SD card
    • Boot into recovery
    • Create a backup
    • Install DarkSide's super wipe from SD card - download
    • Install zip from SD card
    • Reboot and enjoy!
    Not Working:
    • FFC
    • Camcorder
    • WiMAX

Changelogs:

ROM Changelog:
    • First official MIUI.us release - 9/28/2012
    MIUI Changelog

• preludedrew and the Evervolv team. I built evervolv ROM from source to use as a base, if you want that build you can get it here
    The kernel source used for this ROM can be found at https://github.com/Evervolv/android_kernel_htc_qsd8k
    This ROM is now part of the MIUI.us buildbot and will be built automatically each week. You can find the EVO 4G download at roms.miui.us. When the build is synced and ready to go the roms.miui.us page will reflect the new build for the EVO 4G.

Please keep the comments on topic with regards to this ROM. If you find a bug or have an issue, please provide as much detail as possible. I'll be actively supporting this ROM on the EVO 4G so your input will be a big help in improving this ROM week after week.

With that said, I hope you enjoy it!
    This build is the official MIUI.us release. I've built this ROM from the ground up using my Nexus One build as a base.

This includes MIUI.us translations in the apks as well as some minor modifications I have made to the launcher which allows you to customize the grid size and remove the icon text.

Consider this another choice for custom ROM users. After all, android is all about customization and choices.
    I just flashed this. So far, its all good. Does anyone know if there's a mod to center clock?

MIUIeD UP ICE!

Just wait until this Friday's release. I've got something in the works for all MIUI.us builds including this one.

Here's a sneak peak.
    Okay I synced my build where MMS is fixed. The issue was in receiving MMS and thanks to some insight from a CM9 Issue found on Github at https://github.com/photon-dev-team/sunfire/issues/9 the problem is resolved.

Here's the link to the build for those that don't want to go track it down:
    http://roms.miui.us/supersonic/MIUI.us_supersonic_v4_2.4.27_0xD34D.zip
    MD5: 7b1417d64547fdf5015225bdd2cf43a1

You'll want to wipe dalvik cache before or after you flash, just do it before you reboot!

Also, for those flashing the mms_fix.zip from Swiperrat, make sure you know what is in the fix when flashing. If it works great, but if it overwrites some system files that are customized to this ROM then other things can end up breaking. This is merely a precautionary warning. Like I said, if it works great.