FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY] [AT&T, TELUS, Bell, Rogers] Modified 3e recovery with adb root

3,317 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,560

By Da_G, Inactive Senior Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus on 19th February 2012, 01:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th March 2012, 03:56 AM |#51  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 534

More
Does this modified 3e recovery still have a file signature check verification? If so, is it possible for it to be further modified to remove the signature verification? The reason I ask is my phone connects to the exchange server of my company. And as a part of the security measure, they are forcing me to encrypt my phone's internal and external storage. I tried to use CWM beta 4 recovery to flash the Da_G kernel today, but because of the encryption CWM beta 4 recovery does not see the internal or external storage locations. I flashed the stock 3e recovery back, and when booting into it, I am asked he device password, which in turn unlocks the storage. I am sure this 3e recovery will also prompt me for the password, and will see the storage, but with the signature verification in place, I can't rename the zip to update.zip and flash it.

1st May 2012, 12:50 AM |#52  
Flag GTA
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I have a stock ROgers gnote,

how can I back up the boot animations, in fact, I'd like to back up everything possible to restore if need be later...

I haven't flashed anything on it yet!
1st May 2012, 01:38 AM |#53  
Flag St.catharines ON
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgohan

I have a stock ROgers gnote,

how can I back up the boot animations, in fact, I'd like to back up everything possible to restore if need be later...

I haven't flashed anything on it yet!

PM to Da_G, maybe he can help how to.

Sent from my SGH-I717M using XDA
2nd May 2012, 12:48 AM |#54  
Flag GTA

More
I flashed the recovery odin as per your first post however I'm getting an error

Code:
C:\Users\maxgohan>adb shell dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p8 of=/tmp/stock-kernel.img
/dev/block/mmcblk0p8: cannot open for read: Permission denied
I'm trying to create a backup of the stock rogers kernel hopefully (including boot animations)
The Following User Says Thank You to maxgohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maxgohan Ad-Free
2nd May 2012, 06:49 PM |#55  
Flag GTA

More
ok good news!!

I was able to adb pull the stock kernel!!

here is the link to the ROGERS stock kernel

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9263148/stock-kernel.img

is that all I need to save in order to revert to the stock rogers kernel with stock boot animations??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)