FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Whatsapp Xtract: Backup Messages Extractor / Database Analyzer / Chat-Backup

207 posts
Thanks Meter: 290

By ztedd, Senior Member on 5th April 2012, 07:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd May 2012, 12:17 AM |#91  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Josito_

I tried typing "python-i whatsapp_xtract.py msgstore.db.crypt" and it worked! : D Thank youuu!! . But missing a lot of conversations that had been deleted in the whatsapp, for example, I talk a lot with a friend of December 25, 2011 but the conversation does not appear.
Note: the backup is from January 5, 2012

Whatsapp Xtract can only extract those messages that are inside the backup. I guess they aren't included in the db file. You can use SQLite Database Browser ( http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/ ) to check if you find the messages you are looking for.

Are you missing a whole chat (with a certain friend) or are you just missing some (older) messages inside that chat? As to say, are the newer messages with that friend included?

Are the messages also missing in the Whatsapp app? Maybe they have been deleted somehow.

2nd May 2012, 11:04 AM |#92  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
TypeError on a record
Hi

Thanks so much for your app

The android part works perfectly on for my android, but I get a TypeError on a record when trying to open an Iphone db.

It does however create a html version of the db, but with 'unreadable' text and numbers etc. ex: From is: 357584707.214

The error goes something like this:
Error TypeError while reading media message #267 in chat #5: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

I guess this means...

unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'int' and 'str'
Printing output to....
done!

I would really appreciate if you can look into this error...

Cheers
2nd May 2012, 11:42 AM |#93  
OP Senior Member

More
Question Issue with Iphone Whatsapp Database
Quote:
Originally Posted by dradeloos

Hi

Thanks so much for your app

The android part works perfectly on for my android

great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dradeloos

but I get a TypeError on a record when trying to open an Iphone db.

It does however create a html version of the db, but with 'unreadable' text and numbers etc. ex: From is: 357584707.214

The error goes something like this:
Error TypeError while reading media message #267 in chat #5: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

This is the same problem that occurs to Mayn.

The problem is, I don't have an up-to-date sample database file for the Iphone version. To be able to fix this error, I need such a sample db.

At first, can you please answer these questions:
Quote:

What does the output html look like?

Which version of Whatsapp on Iphone do you use that created the database?

In order to help you further, I need screenshots of the output html and the input database. Please use SQLite Database Browser ( http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/ ) to generate screenshots of the database structure, especially of the tables ZWACHATSESSION, ZWASTATUS, ZWAMESSAGE and ZWAMEDIAITEM.

You may blacken parts of private data and you can send to me by PM if you prefer.

Then I need a sample db file.

HOW TO CREATE A SAMPLE DATABASE:

You may also create a new blackberry sample database by reinstalling the blackberry whatsapp and then sending some test messages.
Ideally, these should include:
Quote:

- group chat
- changing of group name
- all possible types of media messages:
- video
- audio
- vcard (contact)
- gps
- gps of specific place (e.g. a restaurant)

Also a copy of the corresponding media files in the Media folder would be great.

Also you can use SQLite Database Browser to anonymize your database file by modifying/deleting sensitive information.

Would appreciate if you can help me with either the screenshots or your database file or a sample database file!
2nd May 2012, 12:23 PM |#94  
OP Senior Member

More
I updated again, changing the way the script parses the sqlite databases (technically: columns are now accessed by name and not by number, e.g., msgs["ZTEXT"] instead of msgs[10]).

I guess this helps for the Iphone problem. You may try the new update (v2.0-bugsfixed-8) with an Iphone database file. Maybe something changed...

However, a sample database file is still needed, because the displaying of media messages and group messages still needs to be corrected/optimized.
2nd May 2012, 12:31 PM |#95  
Flag Hechtel-Eksel
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztedd

great! This is the same problem that occurs to Mayn.

Send you email
2nd May 2012, 12:57 PM |#96  

More
Cannot open db with sqllite
Hi ztedd

I will try the update as soon as im back at my pc. Thanks for the quick reply.
I will try to also get the info you asked for, but i cannot even open the db with sqllite browser.
Not a valid sqllite 3 db error. So i guess it is encrypted?

Btw. I think the error rec is google maps record I received?

Anyway will let you know outcome and get you the data you requested.

Cheers
2nd May 2012, 09:46 PM |#97  
OP Senior Member

More
new major bug fix for Iphone version: support of media messages
@all: There is a new major bug fix for the Iphone version. Now also the support of media messages should be better (displaying of thumbnails, ..).
I included Iphone support for images, videos, vcard and (beta) gps. Also I fixed a bug of opening a wrong output file in browser.

New download links in the first posting (Whatsapp_Xtract_V2.0_2012-05-02-2.zip).

However, Iphone support still needs development.

ToDo: include Iphone support for audio, gps, gps of a place (like a restaurant), group messages and change of group name

For this, I need an Iphone sample database containing these message types!

Could someone send some test messages like the described and then send me the database (or at least screenshots of the ZWAMESSAGE and ZWAMEDIAITEM tables) ? That would be great.
3rd May 2012, 12:05 AM |#98  

More
This last version solves my issues with the iPhone database.

Now I do not receive any further error messages and all numbers are recognized and all messages are displayed correctly
3rd May 2012, 06:40 AM |#99  
Flag Teheran
Thanks Meter: 845

More
Thank you

Inviato dal mio LG-P690 con Tapatalk 2
3rd May 2012, 01:35 PM |#100  

More
Hi,
Sorry for the inconvenience but I installed the ActivePython and the
crypto module, everything worked fine but all I get is the message:

"decrypted database written to msgstore.plain.db
Error: no such table: chat_list"

The result is a msgstore.plain.db file with 0 kb.
No browser opens.

Can you tell me what is wrong?
Thank you in advance.
3rd May 2012, 01:53 PM |#101  
OP Senior Member

More
images do not show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayn

Send you email

Thanks. The newer mail I want to answer here, since it may be of interest for others as well:
Quote:

I don't know what's wrong with my DB but when the html opens, I still get an error (screenshot 3).

When I click on the left lnik, I get a "can't find webpage" page.
When I click on the right link I get an error (screenshot 1).

But I don't get errors after conversion anymore!

Thanks!

Showing of images is optional. You need to copy the media files in the correct folder.
As explained in the Readme and in the 3rd post on page 1 - Some Additional Information - MEDIA FILES:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztedd

MEDIA FILES

If you want to watch the videos, audios and images, you can click on the thumbnails and media links. Popups should open displaying the media.
However, online media files are available only for the last ~ 3 weeks.
But you still can open the offline media files, they are linked as well.
For this it is necessary to copy the folder "Media" from /sdcard/Whatsapp (Android) or net.whatsapp.WhatsApp (Iphone) to the certain folder of your computer where this tool is installed.

In your case, the image files need to be in the folder
.../WhatsApp/Media/[email protected]/
so that e.g. the file
.../WhatsApp/Media/[email protected]/6236....f.jpg
can be displayed correctly.

Use Itunes Backup and an Iphone Backup Tool like I-Twin or Iphone Backup Extractor to get the files.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg
Views:	9060
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	1038347   Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard03.jpg
Views:	9037
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	1038348  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)