Xperia PLAY R800x Verizon Update Coming April 30th, 67mb

3,975 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,740

By ozzmanj1, Senior Member on 26th April 2012, 11:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd May 2012, 11:10 PM |#521  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
something seems to be terribly wrong with this update...I've ftf'd and updated numerous times, and my phone never seems to synch with google...aren't the status bar and 3g icon supposed to turn green? I can't connect to gtalk also...

2nd May 2012, 11:23 PM |#522  
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 364

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker99

something seems to be terribly wrong with this update...I've ftf'd and updated numerous times, and my phone never seems to synch with google...aren't the status bar and 3g icon supposed to turn green? I can't connect to gtalk also...

I had the same problems when I was using this, ftf'ed back down, updated again still nothing. Did a factory reset in settings and recovery while on still nothing. I'm sticking with CM9

Sent from my R800x
2nd May 2012, 11:23 PM |#523  
Flag New Port Richey
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxChristos

Dora anybody else gave an issue with g talk saying it can't connect? (cleared data/rebooted, nothing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker99

I am having the same issues as well. I've noticed that the Wi-Fi/3G icons no longer turn green for me either - which, from what I've read, means that there is not a consistent/dedicated connection to Google's servers. As such, Gmail and other Google applications are not auto-syncing (manual sync still seems to work). GTalk does not appear to be working for me either.
3rd May 2012, 01:20 AM |#524  
Flag Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 26

More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1507280 works but no cellular
3rd May 2012, 01:24 AM |#525  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag West Bend
Thanks Meter: 1,728

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by University of Pi

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1507280 works but no cellular

Baseband unknown? (if so, that's our current problem with trying to port R800i firmware)

Pax

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to paxChristos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift paxChristos Ad-Free
3rd May 2012, 01:36 AM |#526  
Flag Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxChristos

Baseband unknown? (if so, that's our current problem with trying to port R800i firmware)

Pax

yes "Baseband Version
Unkown"

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgregoryj1

Any luck? Do current 2.3.4 themes work now on the R800x?

nope baseband issues

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningdude

I hate to hijack this thread for something else entirely, but has anyone tried using the mods and themes that were originally made for 2.3.4 for the other R800 phones? If not, guess what I'm about to do?

If anyone already has, you'd better warn me before I start, otherwise I'll be just another guinea pig!

I tried http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...507280&page=21 with no luck
baseband issues
3rd May 2012, 02:02 AM |#527  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FH-CS

I am having the same issues as well. I've noticed that the Wi-Fi/3G icons no longer turn green for me either - which, from what I've read, means that there is not a consistent/dedicated connection to Google's servers. As such, Gmail and other Google applications are not auto-syncing (manual sync still seems to work). GTalk does not appear to be working for me either.

Same here, I'm also having problems downloading sdcard data for star battalion, crash bandicoot, and Bruce Lee but i'm thinking that's another issue

Sent from my R800x using XDA
3rd May 2012, 02:25 AM |#528  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag West Bend
Thanks Meter: 1,728

More
@Jgregory does your gtalk/google sync work fine?

3rd May 2012, 02:51 AM |#529  
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 364

More
Maybe Verizon half @$&'ed this..wouldn't surprise me if there was an update for their update..

Sent from my R800x on CM9
3rd May 2012, 03:26 AM |#530  
Flag Land of the Idiots
Thanks Meter: 490

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 216Monster

Maybe Verizon half @$&'ed this..wouldn't surprise me if there was an update for their update..

You think they'll actually try to fix it with yet another update? You realize this is Verizon right? :P
3rd May 2012, 03:41 AM |#531  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 985

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 216Monster

They will fix this.

In seven months.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)