Post Reply Email Thread
3rd May 2012, 01:19 PM |#51  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rye, New York
Thanks Meter: 1,442

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by THANHVO31

Could you explain more about your "cook" baksmali, I also got phone.apk not to be deodexed. Thanks for share info.

If you go here: http://code.google.com/p/smali/issues/detail?id=114, you will see that JesusFreak, the author, has fixed the error that is thrown when disassembling/assembling the Phone.apx from Sense 4 ROMs. Basically, you need to download the repaired .java file (linked to in the thread) and then assemble it into a class, using a java assembler, like, say Jasmin, which I used. Then you can put the fixed class into baksmali.jar, and it will work.

If you are unfamiliar with any of this, you can google "assemble java into classes" or the like, or if things are really really confusing, PM me, and I will help you out.

Steve
The Following User Says Thank You to sk806 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sk806 Ad-Free

3rd May 2012, 01:29 PM |#52  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 17,129

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk806

If you go here: http://code.google.com/p/smali/issues/detail?id=114, you will see that JesusFreak, the author, has fixed the error that is thrown when disassembling/assembling the Phone.apx from Sense 4 ROMs. Basically, you need to download the repaired .java file (linked to in the thread) and then assemble it into a class, using a java assembler, like, say Jasmin, which I used. Then you can put the fixed class into baksmali.jar, and it will work.

If you are unfamiliar with any of this, you can google "assemble java into classes" or the like, or if things are really really confusing, PM me, and I will help you out.

Steve

building baksmali/smali 1.3.3 and using that will also fix that particular issue
The Following User Says Thank You to nitsuj17 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nitsuj17 Ad-Free
3rd May 2012, 02:22 PM |#53  
Flag Haiphong
Thanks Meter: 536

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj17

building baksmali/smali 1.3.3 and using that will also fix that particular issue

You means that something like this
http://code.google.com/p/apktool2/so...%2F1.3.3-ibot7

OK, I got 1.3.3 from Lee's share
3rd May 2012, 04:16 PM |#54  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rye, New York

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj17

Yep. I just went the shorter route...I am going to build 1.3.3 before I get started on porting over the "settings" style Romanbb tweaks app to the One X, as I don't know what I'll run into...

Have you had any success with Sense 4.0 and apktool? I find it very hit or miss....
3rd May 2012, 04:20 PM |#55  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rye, New York

More
Quote:

Hmmm. I haven't tried this out. Looks like he did some additional reworking for this, no? Anyway, worth a shot, I suppose...
3rd May 2012, 04:38 PM |#56  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rye, New York

More
Quote:

But I believe he really meant this: http://code.google.com/p/smali/wiki/BuildProcedure
3rd May 2012, 04:53 PM |#57  
Flag Haiphong

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hmmm. I haven't tried this out. Looks like he did some additional reworking for this, no? Anyway, worth a shot, I suppose...

I use DSIXDA kitchen for my OLD HD2 and with your and nitsuj17 hint, I update the kitchen with baksmali/smali 1.3.3 and it works. I have clean deodex base for further modding. Thanks.
3rd May 2012, 04:57 PM |#58  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rye, New York

More
Quote:

I use DSIXDA kitchen for my OLD HD2 and with your and nitsuj17 hint, I update the kitchen with baksmali/smali 1.3.3 and it works. I have clean deodex base for further modding. Thanks.

Nice. Have fun
4th May 2012, 12:30 AM |#59  
Flag Fargo
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:

Definitely. I just need to "catch up" with what the other devs are putting out, and I want to do all the work myself in my way. That will take some time, but it will be worth it. I have a style, understated and easy to use, that I want to keep, but there are so many amazing possibilities, I want those I feel are valuable to be available, too.

Singapore rocks, BTW. Lived extensively in Asia, and always loved going there. They speak Mandarin (the only Chinese I can speak) and English and the food is amazing...

BTW, don't be too freaked out by odex files, they are just "optimized" dex files. Most developers de-odex their ROMs, which takes the code from the odex files and assembles them into classes.dex within the apk. The standard HTC kitchen will do most of this in batch form, although it is getting a bit outdated, and some apks have to be deodexed with baksmali, specifying API level and dependencies. In fact, there was one file in the One X I had to build an unreleased version of baksmali for to get deodexed (phone). Anyway, ranting, the point is that the odex files generally are removed, then you can work on the ROM (although some swear the odexed ROMs are faster).

Steve

No rush. Once my fiance heads back to the states next week I will have plenty of time to experiment.

Singapore is pretty neat. I only speak English, but am starting to understand Singlish better each day. The food is great! That is definitely true.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
18th May 2012, 04:05 PM |#60  
Flag Fargo
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Wink
Quote:

Yep. I just went the shorter route...I am going to build 1.3.3 before I get started on porting over the "settings" style Romanbb tweaks app to the One X, as I don't know what I'll run into...

Have you had any success with Sense 4.0 and apktool? I find it very hit or miss....

Totally looking forward to your "settings" port. I haven't gotten around to taking matters into my own hands yet. Think I'll leave it up to the professionals for now.
11th June 2012, 06:34 PM |#61  
Flag Haiphong

Donate to Me
More
new base Asia_WWE_1.29.707.11 is out , do you have plan to update, sk806?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)