[APP] Skyrocket MMS for Android 2.3 Gingerbread

Search This thread

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
After alot of work and help from many people I have completed it. This is a MMS apk for Deodexed Gingerbread ROM's such as Calkulins Stock Deodexed or Calks GB ROM.

Download attached apk
Move apk to system/app
Set Permissions to RW/R/R
Reboot.

Note: You may want to back up the original mms.apk. You can always get it from the Stock ROM zip if you need to.

Many many thanks to all that helped me. I learned alot from this little adventure.

Attachments

• 20120302011719.jpg
    20120302011719.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 1,465
  • Mms.apk
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,028
Last edited:

dazednconfused

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
Charleston, WV
twitter.com
Try the png's first. I'm not sty the computer right now so I can't remember the name, but it says simmering about chat bg.9. If nobody has helped you by the time I get home, I can tell you more. Hit up 12many,, he could probably tell you exactly where to look.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Reactions: scarmon25

sleshepic

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 18, 2011
PA
think dazed is right, there are often background png's (and sometimes not in the drawable-hdpi folder). most the time "bg" will be in the name so look for that first. otherwise the xml would be in colors.xml or styles.xml in the res/values directory

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
That is actually a smali edit.

Mms.apk\com\android\mms\ui\ComposeMessageFragment.smali

Line 16051 const v1, 0xd4d2d0

change that to what you want you color to be. that ones hex is 2b2d30. Remember in smali the numbers are not in hex.

Never worked with smali before. So gonna give this a shot. The code you gave me is that the code for white.

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
OK. So I decompiled and that file isn't there. I have a butt load of compose message files but not one that has fragment in it. Also just to make sure this is 2.3.6! Mms.apk

I attached a pick to kinda make sure we're on the same page.

Attachments

• SC20120503-124120.jpg
    SC20120503-124120.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 604
Last edited:

sleshepic

Oct 18, 2011
PA
check these bg images maybe?... msg_bg_dsrk etc

Screenshot_2012-05-03-11-10-36.png

Last edited:

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
I did. I went through all the pngs in the drawable-hdpi folder. I swapped all those and any others that related to it. Still grey background. I changed out an XML and got the white background I wanted but it broke mms for some reason. Couldn't send or receive.

sleshepic

Oct 18, 2011
PA
I did. I went through all the pngs in the drawable-hdpi folder. I swapped all those and any others that related to it. Still grey background. I changed out an XML and got the white background I wanted but it broke mms for some reason. Couldn't send or receive.

im off in a few hours and doin some other theme work, i'll take another look when im at my comp

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
im off in a few hours and doin some other theme work, i'll take another look when im at my comp

Thanks a ton. I'm at a loss at this point. I have went through all the XML I could find and tried everything j know how to do. XML and smali edits aren't a big deal for me to do. Just don't know what to edit. They're so many of those damn files and of course they wouldn't name it like conversation background.XML/small. It has to be some off the wall ****. But as well that's ok . I appreciate all your help. My wife has wanted this mms and others did too a while back. Once its done gonna post it for everyone and finally get my wife happy. lol

Overstew

Oct 3, 2010
Would it be in the draw ables folder?

Also. I was able to get it to turn white by swapping the file Res/values/drawables.XML. but that broke mms. Just for information to help.
I believe it was under values/colors.xml. The list of "TWcolor_001, TWcolor_002", etc.

EDIT: Find the grey color you're looking for in an image editor like Gimp or photoshop and search the colors folder for that hex code, I'm sure it'll pop up. :p

sleshepic

Oct 18, 2011
PA
also check the drawable folder for something like "listitem_backgound.xml" or "conversationitem_background" might do it....

Last edited:

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
I believe it was under values/colors.xml. The list of "TWcolor_001, TWcolor_002", etc.

EDIT: Find the grey color you're looking for in an image editor like Gimp or photoshop and search the colors folder for that hex code, I'm sure it'll pop up. :p

i decompiled the TW framework. the color code for the background is ff2b2d30. I searched the colors xml and couldnt find that code. so i looked for anything close to it. still no dice. thinking i may have to go another route on this and do a different style. you wouldnt think changing the background color would be such a ***** to do but then again it is me doing it and my luck never seems to be the greatest. haha

rujelus22

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 7, 2007
Reno, NV
www.rujelus22.com
Thanks a ton. I'm at a loss at this point. I have went through all the XML I could find and tried everything j know how to do. XML and smali edits aren't a big deal for me to do. Just don't know what to edit. They're so many of those damn files and of course they wouldn't name it like conversation background.XML/small. It has to be some off the wall ****. But as well that's ok . I appreciate all your help. My wife has wanted this mms and others did too a while back. Once its done gonna post it for everyone and finally get my wife happy. lol

It is not in the xml it is in the smali files if you are using apkmanager to decompile it will be in the projects\Mms.apk\smali\com\android\mms\ui\ folder

The color I gave before is the stock color white would be

Line 16051 const v1, 0x1

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
It is not in the xml it is in the smali files if you are using apkmanager to decompile it will be in the projects\Mms.apk\smali\com\android\mms\ui\ folder

The color I gave before is the stock color white would be

Line 16051 const v1, 0x1

that's where i was looking, i decompiled and looked in the smali folder. let me try searching it

there is a compose message smali, just none that have fragement in the name

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After alot of work and help from many people I have completed it. This is a MMS apk for Deodexed Gingerbread ROM's such as Calkulins Stock Deodexed or Calks GB ROM.

Download attached apk
    Move apk to system/app
    Set Permissions to RW/R/R
    Reboot.

Note: You may want to back up the original mms.apk. You can always get it from the Stock ROM zip if you need to.

Many many thanks to all that helped me. I learned alot from this little adventure.
    That is actually a smali edit.

Mms.apk\com\android\mms\ui\ComposeMessageFragment.smali

Line 16051 const v1, 0xd4d2d0

change that to what you want you color to be. that ones hex is 2b2d30. Remember in smali the numbers are not in hex.
    let me try doing it a few different ways to make sure the results are consistant

Ok so I just noticed you said this was GB. for the GB one it is in

com\android\mms\ui\ComposeMessage.smali

Line 15430

const v1, -0xd4d2d0

invoke-virtual {v0, v1}, Lcom/android/mms/ui/MessageListView;->setBackgroundColor(I)V
    think dazed is right, there are often background png's (and sometimes not in the drawable-hdpi folder). most the time "bg" will be in the name so look for that first. otherwise the xml would be in colors.xml or styles.xml in the res/values directory

Glad you found it. As soon as I think I know a little about theming, they throw that smali word around and I get all scared again. I've still got alot of learning to do. Smali and .9png's are going to be my homework in the near future. At least we have the help of some awesome themers and developers in the Epic Touch section. Congrats again, the mms.apk looks awesome.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2