Search This thread

herrsch0rdev

Feb 16, 2012
Karlsruhe
Could you try with a Jig? Couldnt find mine :mad:

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Ok, Jig doesnt work.

btyork

Apr 16, 2010
Texas
Installing this rom comming from imilka's CyanogenMod 9 v03 bricked my phone too. I also had no progression in cwm. After 15 mins i rebooted and the phone is
totally dead, not even download mode works. Screen is blank.

The installation instructions comming from another cm9 rom was pretty straight forward, so I wonder what it could be.

Gonna try a few things before I send it to service.

Imilka's CM9 used the LP5 leak kernel. CWM and the I9220 leaks don't work well together, something about eMMC operations.

This same problem arose a few months back with the Angelom touch recovery. You very likely borked your motherboard and it'll need replacing.

Edit: On that same note... SAMSUNG - Y U NO GIVE US PROPER LEAK?!?

Last edited:

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Installing this rom comming from imilka's CyanogenMod 9 v03 bricked my phone too. I also had no progression in cwm. After 15 mins i rebooted and the phone is
totally dead, not even download mode works. Screen is blank.

The installation instructions comming from another cm9 rom was pretty straight forward, so I wonder what it could be.

Gonna try a few things before I send it to service.
Um, the installation instructions specifically stated NOT to flash from an I9220 repack.

You flashed from an I9220 repack.

crualfoxhound

Mar 8, 2011
Imilka's CM9 used the LP5 leak kernel. CWM and the I9220 leaks don't work well together, something about eMMC operations.

This same problem arose a few months back with the Angelom touch recovery. You very likely borked your motherboard and it'll need replacing.

Oh no the bricked devices is back

Yes I also bricked my device with that stupid angelrom touch recovery.
The issues if u can get bk into recovery is
No stock roms 2.3.5-2.3.6
90% of development roms won't work
No touchwizz ics 4.0 roms

Only working gingerbread rom is Cassie's extra light x
But all aosp-aokp- imilka cm9 work

It took me 3hr trying to unbrick my phone so cwm recovery work

Best of luck

andjohn

Apr 22, 2009
Edmonton
goo.gl

...ITS A LEAK. A leak is LEAKED. Samsung didn't give us jack. Wow, where do we find all these intelligent people.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

They're not so much things I couldnt follow from flashing CM9 over CM9. Could be a problem of Cyanofree's switching internal and external SD, that's my idea.
But hardbrick through CWM? Or only black display, but i dont think so.

Yeah, but dont know if bootloader/download-mode works, will try it now.

It's based on a leak dude. Cyanofree is using the leak kernel I'm pretty sure.

DaanJordaan

Jul 13, 2008
I hope it's okay to post this here.

I just flashed build 3, from rooted stock LC1. Flash wen't fine.
Camera app gets an image from the sensor for about 3 seconds.
Then the image freezes and the app FC's after another 3 secs.

I'll attach a log, hope it will be of some help.

Cheers,

Daan

Attachments

• log.txt
    79.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

BeeGee_Tokyo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Android noob question - how to build this ROM

Please forgive me if I am in the wrong forum. But as my question is about building this ROM from source, I guess I am at the correct space.

I build a GalaxyTab 10.1 ROM from CM9 source and it worked, but the device P4 was already in the device folder. For the Note I am not sure.

I wanted to ask because I am on a very slow internet connection at the moment and don't want to waste time with repo/downloading the wrong stuff.

To build this ROM I do

1. download teamhacksung / android_device_samsung_galaxynote as tar.gz
  2. repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b ics
  3. repo sync
  4. unpack the android_device_samsung_galaxynote.tar.gz into the device folder
  5. . build/envsetup.sh && brunch galaxynote

Is this correct? Or should I do a repo of the android_device_samsung_galaxynote instead of downloading it?

Thanks for your help.

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Please forgive me if I am in the wrong forum. But as my question is about building this ROM from source, I guess I am at the correct space.

I build a GalaxyTab 10.1 ROM from CM9 source and it worked, but the device P4 was already in the device folder. For the Note I am not sure.

I wanted to ask because I am on a very slow internet connection at the moment and don't want to waste time with repo/downloading the wrong stuff.

To build this ROM I do

1. download teamhacksung / android_device_samsung_galaxynote as tar.gz
  2. repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b ics
  3. repo sync
  4. unpack the android_device_samsung_galaxynote.tar.gz into the device folder
  5. . build/envsetup.sh && brunch galaxynote

Is this correct? Or should I do a repo of the android_device_samsung_galaxynote instead of downloading it?

Thanks for your help.
The teamhacksung android_device_samsung_galaxynote repo needs to be put into local_manifest.xml - I'll post the required line sometime this weekend. The current problem is that I need to fix extract_files.sh first - It's currently broken so even if you properly sync the repo the build won't work right.

I was hoping to do this early this week but I just got too busy.

BeeGee_Tokyo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Thanks for the quick response. I can wait, no need to hurry with the fix.

The teamhacksung android_device_samsung_galaxynote repo needs to be put into local_manifest.xml - I'll post the required line sometime this weekend. The current problem is that I need to fix extract_files.sh first - It's currently broken so even if you properly sync the repo the build won't work right.

I was hoping to do this early this week but I just got too busy.

Reactions: dpgc213

XpLoDWilD

Nov 19, 2009
France
www.xplod.fr
You're missing com.android.telephony.gsm

change the build prop back to n7000 (market doesn't seem to care at the moment what the fingerprint is, but it's dirty wearing someone elses used underpants) ;)

All the missing market apps will reappear.

The ones that didn't show have android.hardware.telephony "true" set..

Wow, nice find. I guess mauimauer forgot that the Note is also a phone :p
Testing this and I'll release a build if it finally works

returnzer0

Sep 13, 2010
I was having trouble disabling and then re-enabling the Wi-Fi adapter. I've attached a logcat. Sorry in advance if this is insufficient, obvious, or not in the correct thread.

Attachments

• 2012-05-06-11-28-58.zip
    14.6 KB · Views: 17

SsZzliMm

Apr 27, 2009
Érd
Hi !

In the early CM9 builds has a 5 band equalizer in DSPManager, or MusicFX, etc. Why has this version a 6 band one ? Is there a way to change back to 5 band ? The 6 band version is really sucks !!!

Thanks in advance !

Ps.: If this build #5 has a 5 band EQ again I didn't say anything :D

LifeBringer

Nov 10, 2010
Cambridgeshire
The whistling tone in message sounds

This might be a weird request, but could you include the whistling tone from the original galaxy note roms?

Attachments

• S_Whistle.zip
    17.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Notifications.zip
    419.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

apedropais

Dec 17, 2010
Rio
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
OnePlus 9 Pro
This might be a weird request, but could you include the whistling tone from the original galaxy note roms?

If you're still in stock, look at system/media/audio. You'll see some folders with stock sounds. Copy them and paste to sdcard/media/audio on your new rom.

You can backup your preferred ones to have it in every rom you are on (did that and I have ringtones from my old treo and n95).

Reactions: LifeBringer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DEVELOPMENT THREAD
    FOR DEVELOPERS ONLY

DISCUSSION THREAD FOR USERS:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1627854

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

http://get.cm/?device=n7000

http://github.com/cyanogenmod

Getting Started:
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Howto:_Gerrit

Example:
    - cd ~/android/system
    - repo start branchname CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_galaxynote
    -- Make your changes at device/samsung/galaxynote
    - cd device/samsung/galaxynote
    - git add -A
    - git commit -a
    - cd ~/android/system
    - repo upload CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_galaxynote

Navigate to http://review.cyanogenmod.com , click your commit and add codeworkx and xplodwild as reviewer.

xplodwild, mauimauer, entropy512, codeworkx, teamhacksung, cyanogenmod, and maybe a few others I might not think of right now

You can either help us by giving FULL bug reports WITH LOGS, WITH REPRO CASE, ETC, or by submitting patches.
    If you're not a developer, you can hit the "Donate to me" button up ahead, or hit the Donate button on teamhacksung's page
    Thanks to all donators!
    Good luck.

So, s-pen works incorrectly in landscape mode, right?
    I'll try to push a fix soon if I'll get familiar with gerrit etc and if it won't be already fixed.

Could you please update 'how to send patches' with information valid for your Note branch? Or it's basically the same?
    MOD Notice

Once again this thread has had to be cleaned, this is a development thread, if you have any general user questions then please use the provided discussion thread. It is clearly highlighted in the first post, so there can be no excuses. So if you have nothing directly to add to the development of this ROM, do not post here!​
    Build #3 available.