[ROM] MetroDroid v4.0, MetroPCS MMS Scripts, ICS Script is UP! (5/8/12)

Search This thread

Mikekelso421

Metro is being a real *****! If metro were here right now, I'd smack his hoe mouth and teach him some ackright. Lmao but seriously, if metro keeps up the terrible phone selection and joke for 3g/4g service,people are gonna start swarming over to sprint... ESP since their 4g plan is 70$ now, it wont cost much more to go to sprint and get their REAL 3g/4g.... Seriously I could knock metro a fat one! Its not like were not paying our 50$ a month phone bill...maybe if they werent giving us an unbearably horrible choice of phones, we would buy one from them instead of having to go to competitors to get their phones and have em flashed over.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

mdiaz33685

Feb 20, 2009
Tampa, FL
Im paying for 2 evo's, my wife and I, for $70... when I got my evo on sprint, i was paying 65 for each line, split 5 ways..

but Im not sure, i was checking the apple 4s my brother got, I fell in love with the camera, pinch to zoom for focusing, and the pictures snap instantly...

I heard the iphone 5 is coming out in June... might have to jump ship, buy the iphone 5, and wait for jailbreak to come thru for it...

dz1

Oct 17, 2009
Cool well that cut me off w me testing the manual metroff 1.3.zip installation tutorial for those who need help getting their mms going and metroff.zip just wont install for them. Im hoping this works on all android phones. I been testing this the last month. Heres my tutorial... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24543144#post24543144... thanks.

This is really kool I'm going to try it... any one confirm working mms in ics using this process?

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using XDA

Tilde88

Nov 5, 2008
hey guys, so this is what im trying to do.
i have a metro pcs phone working atm
i got an htc evo 4g, and want to put metro on it.

i followed the guide, put my current number in my number on the wanted number. but nothing is working, no data & no 3g

i cant make calls, when i call 611 i goes to metro support but thats it, i sent OP a mess but havent gotten reply

mdiaz33685

Feb 20, 2009
Tampa, FL
u gotta go and add the serial, esn number to metro's database...
i think i heard they wont be flashing any more... hmmmm

u gotta do it quickly,,,
its metroflash, at a metro store, or ebay for $45 to add esn...
i did my second phone that way on ebay...

edgeez25

Aug 4, 2007
Hey Bloody any chance you might mod and mms.apk to work for Ics?

Sent from my EVO 3D S using xda premium

Bloodykiller86

Apr 18, 2010
:O no way for reals cant wait :D

btw damn sense is being picky as fuu lol ive litterally had mms working on one phone and not on the other and both setup the exact same way......ehh thank god i dont have metro anymore but blech...i still gotta do my parents phones all the time ugh -_- Bro has an evo, dad has a photon, mom has a droid x. all on metro.....what a pain in the ass lol

dz1

Oct 17, 2009
btw damn sense is being picky as fuu lol ive litterally had mms working on one phone and not on the other and both setup the exact same way......ehh thank god i dont have metro anymore but blech...i still gotta do my parents phones all the time ugh -_- Bro has an evo, dad has a photon, mom has a droid x. all on metro.....what a pain in the ass lol

U got a nexus right? Is it a Good phone

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using XDA

dz1

Oct 17, 2009
Last edited:

savalasurge

Oct 31, 2011
yo

Hi I have a nexus s 4g flashed to metro. Trying to get a working mms script anyone know if theres any in the works. So far I have setup to receive mms but cannot send them.....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If You Can't Figure Out How To Get Data, Message Me And I Will Do It For You. A Tip Would Be Appreciated But Not Required.

These rom's are meant for people who are on MetroPCS. Please don't use them if your sprint or anyone else. These roms have everything working from boot and should keep on working for aslong as you have your phone =D. I've made a couple different flavors of roms. Default HTC Sense, AOSP CyanogenMOD, and MIUI. Try whichever you like =D.

Here is a Completely Detailed How To on how to Provision your phone for data and mms.

MetroPCS Data and MMS Provisioning Guide

Instructions For MetroDroid
    1. Copy Zip to SD
    2. Boot Into Recovery
    3. Flash MetroDroid
    4. Reboot
    5. Enjoy! =D

Rom will Wipe DATA and SYSTEM so if u have anything you need from your current apps be sure to back it up =P

Instructions for MIUI or AOSP Scripts
    1. Copy Zip to SD
    2. Boot Into Recovery
    3. Flash the Script
    4. Reboot
    5. Enjoy! =D

DOWNLOADS

ROMS

MetroDroid v4.0

Scripts

MetroPCS Evo Sense 4.67 Based MMS Script v1

MetroPCS Sense 2.1/3.0 Hybrids MMS & Web Script v5

MetroPCS Evo AOSP Script v8

MetroPCS Evo ICS Script v2

MetroPCS Evo MIUI MMS Script v5

MetroPCS Evo Sense 3.0 v2

MetroPCS Evo TN RLS 5.4

MetroPCS Evo Sense 3.5 v1

Might have to reboot twice for MMS app to show up

Also if your Youtube isnt working on MetroDroid do this

Have wifi on even if your not connected and then don't this and wifi will work

dial ##3282#
    edit mode
    enter 000000 (or w/e your msl or spc is)
    goto advanced
    scroll to rtsp proxy address and http pd proxy address and change them to 0.0.0.0
    hit back twice and now try YouTube. Then while on data be sure to have wifi on even if its not connected to anything and YouTube should work

I would like to thank

Chris1683 - For His Sprint Lovers Rom as a base
    Bcnice20 - For letting me use the MIUI Rom for MetroPCS users and for the Galaxy S Keyboard
    Netarchy - For his awesome kernel
    Deathsled - For his Cricket Rom as reference
    12MaNy - For His Bootanimation
    Tolken419 - For creating the original zip that got everything working on the Eris
    Whiterabbit - For making the files to get the Web working through u2nl
    and i would like to thank anyone else who i missed
    CyanogenMOD Team - For their great roms =D

ok, guys, I just flashed yesterday 10-17-11.. damn.... Had to find the store first, to flash.

so Yes I got MMS to work... after checking in messages/settings/connection settings.. and noticed its not to Metro...

I had to scan over the past 50 pages or so.. writing down little notes... and from past files I had saved before Metro..

* using [ROM] | Swagged Out Stock |, EPST WORKS...

also tried several different roms for mms to work,...

download APN Backup and Restore like mentioned before... sorry so many pages cant remember name..

found a metro apn file... which I found on an eris thread or something. so many threads and pages for the past few months..

1st - flash at a Metro Store
    2nd - do provisioning from link on OP page,
    ** Once steps 1 and 2 are done, u probably won't ever go back and need to that again., just do the following steps 3 - 5.
    3rd - flash rom
    4th - flash Bloody's Script from OP page.
    5th - open APN Backup and Delete APN's then Restore Apn's; attached file.

EVERYTHING Works, except NO MMS thru WIFI...

COME ON, now I know I better see some thanks.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    just adding the settings.. Link from Original Page..

proxy... wap.metropcs.net:3128
    port..3128
    username...yournumber@mymetropcs.com
    password...your msl code (from whiterabbit)
    mmsc...http://mms.metropcs.net/mmsc I use http://mms.metropcs.net:3128/mmsc
    mms proxy...wap.metropcs.net or proxy.metropcs.net
    mms port...3128
    mcc...310
    mnc..027

-------------------------
    got it to work with sense 3.0 rom.. link..

the settings for gosmspro, manually input them, or I saved the settings, so i just restore settings.
    these settings work for me on any rom.... only for gosmspro...
    mmsc=http://mms.metropcs.net/mmsc
    mms proxy=proxy.metropcs.net
    mms port=3128

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    11/18/2011
    for sense 2.1 roms... file is MetroMMS-3.0-signed...been waiting for this file...:p
    recovery, wiped everything 2 times, flash MIK rom,
    boot up then install root explorer and rename or u can delete /system/apps/mms.apk and (mms.odex if available)
    then go into recovery and wiped 2x cache and dalvik, flashed MetroMMS-3.0-signed.zip..
    and dont use no apn or anything... it just works...
    NOTE: not working on sense3.0 and 3.5 roms...

a special thanks to "edgeez25" for sharing the file with me, and giving me permission to post..
    dont forget to thank him all.... click on his name above to link...
    AND TO BLOODYKILLER86, again, for this thread, and write up procedures... for his teachings and sharing.... :D
    hey guys, i figured i help share some of my files,

nope, im not gonna put everything here, I have roadrunner light, ok,
    im unemployed.. so i have slow internet, which means, 1megabyte download and upload of .50

i'll keep it open for a little while to help everyone get some stuff..
    PRLS, APNbackuprestore and my 2 files i use, drivers for evo, BLOODY'S scripts,
    I DONT WANT to slow my internet up.. hahaha its already slow...

send me a pm if u want me to put something up for u guys...

edit: 1/29/2012
    since mikekelso posted the files, i removed my link...
    Hey Bloody any chance you might mod and mms.apk to work for Ics?

Sent from my EVO 3D S using xda premium

yea ill do that.
    Metro is being a real *****! If metro were here right now, I'd smack his hoe mouth and teach him some ackright. Lmao but seriously, if metro keeps up the terrible phone selection and joke for 3g/4g service,people are gonna start swarming over to sprint... ESP since their 4g plan is 70$ now, it wont cost much more to go to sprint and get their REAL 3g/4g.... Seriously I could knock metro a fat one! Its not like were not paying our 50$ a month phone bill...maybe if they werent giving us an unbearably horrible choice of phones, we would buy one from them instead of having to go to competitors to get their phones and have em flashed over.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6