[ICONS] Stock battery percentage

Search This thread

shenye

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 29, 2009
London
I decided that the current icons in ROMs showing battery percentage were way too blurry as they are the qHD versions. I decided to use the Sense 4.0 stock icons to generate a new set. Here they are, these are just the icons and they should be pushed to /system/app/SystemUI.apk/res/drawable-xhdpi/

battpercentmodpreview.png

Attachments

• OneX-batterypercent.zip
    363.7 KB · Views: 1,737

Werewolph

Apr 17, 2012
Toowoomba
I don't see why not, It appears to have worked for me. Easiest way to do it is download the icons, unzip them, get the .bat I made and put that in the same folder as the icons, then run the .bat.

EDIT: After pushing them to the phone, it appears they haven't loaded. After pushing, I rebooted but I see no change to the battery status icon.

EDIT 2: Tried pushing just with the .zip, still no change to the stock battery icon.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobsie41
I decided that the current icons in ROMs showing battery percentage were way too blurry as they are the qHD versions. I decided to use the Sense 4.0 stock icons to generate a new set. Here they are, these are just the icons and they should be pushed to /system/app/SystemUI.apk/res/drawable-xhdpi/

Will this actual work by just replacing the icons?
ie From past experience on other devices, the battery will not display in 1% increments without further adjustments to the apk. :confused:

hanserson1

Nov 30, 2008
ie From past experience on other devices, the battery will not display in 1% increments without further adjustments to the apk. :confused:

No, in most cases it wont!

Here is the complete working SystemUI.apk. It works only with a rooted rom (1.28.401.9).
Push it to /system/app/ (it is no update.zip!!!), restart the phone.
Do a backup first.

Cheers

Attachments

• 1_28_401_9_SystemUI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 388
Reactions: Werewolph

jotha

Retired Forum Moderator

Here is the complete working SystemUI.apk. It works only with a rooted rom (1.28.401.9).
Do a backup first.

Cheers

Hmm, have you got also the 100 charging_animation icons, the full and the unknown icon? I'd make a complete working 100% battery mod out of them. Been looking for better quality stock icons since some time. The animation in your systemUI is from circle-battery mod.

Last edited:

shenye

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 29, 2009
London
look inside VillainROM 1.1.1. The apk for it is in VillainROM-1.1.1-endeavoru_unsigned.zip/extra/batt/app/SystemUI.apk

Last edited:

Pjevser

Sep 29, 2008
I downloaded the pics and the install bat.

But i get a error saying file or directory don't excist

And if i try and download the SystemUI.apk and push it i just get another error saying it "Read-only file system" Do i really have to root it first?

Last edited:

baxadfrukt

Aug 13, 2011
Stockholm
And if i try and download the SystemUI.apk and push it i just get another error saying it "Read-only file system" Do i really have to root it first?

it is the same for me. I can't change permission in root explorer neither. Can not find the button "mount r / w". Yes, the phone is rooted. :mad:

edit: finally I solved it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Due to the tedious process of pushing one by one, I've made a .bat to do it for you.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/73556022/battery_install.zip

Unzip the icons, put the .bat into the folder where you've got the icons located and run!
    I don't see why not, It appears to have worked for me. Easiest way to do it is download the icons, unzip them, get the .bat I made and put that in the same folder as the icons, then run the .bat.

EDIT: After pushing them to the phone, it appears they haven't loaded. After pushing, I rebooted but I see no change to the battery status icon.

EDIT 2: Tried pushing just with the .zip, still no change to the stock battery icon.

Do a backup first.

Cheers