559 posts
Thanks Meter: 482

By Oxicottin, Senior Member on 21st August 2011, 01:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd April 2012, 03:07 AM |#211  
Flag OZ,far north
Thanks Meter: 141

More
You need the one for cm/miui/ics not the one for i897..... That should do.....

Phoned in.....

6th April 2012, 03:02 AM |#212  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Ok i am a noob when it comes to modems but can someone help me by telling which modem should i flash?

I am on ICS 4.0.4 Dark Knight 4 Rom ,i live in India !

Thanks in advance and great thread btw .
6th April 2012, 04:31 AM |#213  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Virginia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adicool

Ok i am a noob when it comes to modems but can someone help me by telling which modem should i flash?

I am on ICS 4.0.4 Dark Knight 4 Rom ,i live in India !

Thanks in advance and great thread btw .

See if there is any locations in India in the google map on post #1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
17th April 2012, 05:06 AM |#214  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Forgive the noob question, but I'm not sure if this is even a modem issue.
I'm running Dark Night 4 on a Captivate. The wi-fi status says I'm connected to my home network, but the "soundwave" icon in the status bar is not blue, it's grey, and I don't recieve any data. As soon as I switch off wi-fi and it goes to data the icon turns blue again and I can get sync.

Baseband I9000UGKG3
28th April 2012, 05:59 AM |#215  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Modems for Dark Knight
hello
I am using Dark Knight v3, baseband version I9000UGKG3. I want to try different modems to see if i can get better signal. Which modems are compatible? Ad do I use CWR to flask them?

Thank you
28th April 2012, 06:55 PM |#216  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I guess the cm7 are the compatible ones. Tried couple last night but no improvement

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA
1st May 2012, 04:46 PM |#217  
Kennewick, WA
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
None will flash
None of the modems I try will flash. I'm running talondev kernel on serendipity vii build 3 and currently ugkg3 modem, but I want to try another. Also, my phone will only charge up to 97% or 98% and it says charged, but it won't go past that. Any ideas on either of these?
3rd May 2012, 09:50 PM |#218  
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkah21

None of the modems I try will flash. I'm running talondev kernel on serendipity vii build 3 and currently ugkg3 modem, but I want to try another. Also, my phone will only charge up to 97% or 98% and it says charged, but it won't go past that. Any ideas on either of these?

Ah yes...Serendipity 7.1 build 3...I remember that rom! I used to use it last year Serendipity 6 then 7 then 7.1. I believe they needed i9000 modems and you needed to wipe the dalvik and the cache when changing modems. Good luck!

Or you can move on up to ICS for the Captivate! CM9 is ICS android 4.0.4 and it's nice! http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1592141
3rd May 2012, 11:17 PM |#219  
Kennewick, WA
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
Yeah I tried cmú and there were certain apparently not compatible with it like kindle, flash player and a few others. I was surprised. Is cm9 better? What's the main diff between ICS and GB roms?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA
4th May 2012, 04:43 AM |#220  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Virginia

More
Friends its been a great run with the captivate but unfortunately I have moved on to the Note i717 and will not be updating any more modems unless given and packaged to me to upload. I will keep the website available as long as people use it and download from it.

Thanks,
Soggy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Oxicottin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oxicottin Ad-Free
4th May 2012, 04:41 PM |#221  
Flag Arkansas
Thanks Meter: 2,488

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxicottin

Friends its been a great run with the captivate but unfortunately I have moved on to the Note i717 and will not be updating any more modems unless given and packaged to me to upload. I will keep the website available as long as people use it and download from it.

Thanks,
Soggy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for all that u have contributed to us here in the Captivate Forums !! Really appreciate all of your time and work that u have put in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to 4-2ndtwin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 4-2ndtwin Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)