[Q] aaawwww heck...

Search This thread

Zbor

Jul 13, 2011
Chicago
so, this morning i went into the CWM advanced menu to clear the battery stats, i had my head up my ... and wasn't paying much attention and went down to the bottom where *BACK* usually is in all of the other menus, the bottom it asked me how big of a partition size i wanted and because i didn't know what menu i was in i selected 0M (bad idea #2) I then thought, oh, well maybe i should just restart the phone.... nope, bad idea#3 now when the phone turns on i don't get "unlocked" in the top left with the big M in the middle.

I do get

Unlocked

PwrReason: PWR_KEY_PRESS

OS will boot in 5 seconds
Press a key to stop count down
Available Modes are:
1 RSD
2 Fastboot
3 NvFlash
4 BP HW Bypass RSD
5 BP HW Bypass QC DLOAD
6 BP HW Diag & Boot AP
7 BP HW Bypass BP Only
8 BP SW Bypass RSD
9 Android Recovery
10 Boot Android (No BP)
11 Device UID
12 console=tty50,115200n8
13 Early USB Enumeration
14 BP Tools

When I select Android recovery I see,

Engering Android Recovery Mode

Magic value mismatch:
D

Any idea how I can fix this?

turl1

May 2, 2011
Reflash recovery using fastboot to regain that functionality, you'll also need to reflash the logo image (with fastboot too) to get the M logo back. And it's possible you also broke the PDS partition; if you have issues after fixing all the things, look into that.

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
Don't know why you wiping battery stats anyways. If you trying to calibrate battery you're doing it wrong. If your trying to wipe the stats your phones uses to display the graphs and stuff, why?

let it be.

Zbor

Jul 13, 2011
Chicago
still trying to find the directions on flashing the M logo - nvm, found it.

I was able to resolve the issue by reflashing recovery so thank you for that!

as far as the battery stats, i wanted to charge the phone 100% then wipe the stats and see how long it would take to get to 1%. guess this is what i get for messing around

Last edited:

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
still trying to find the directions on flashing the M logo - nvm, found it.

I was able to resolve the issue by reflashing recovery so thank you for that!

as far as the battery stats, i wanted to charge the phone 100% then wipe the stats and see how long it would take to get to 1%. guess this is what i get for messing around

Look up how to calibrate battery on xda. Good guide somewhere in gs2 forum. Very simple and works. Then will make you wonder what the hell you were wiping stats for.

let it be.