[KERNEL][Xperia S] Advanced Stock Kernel with Recovery {GB} [Rel:v01][Dt:05/MAY]

Search This thread

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
so here is a Advanced Stock Kernel for stock Sony FW 6.0.A.3.62/.67/.73... all the features in this and TONS more are there in my DooMKernel... this is ment for those users who want standard stock kernel with integrated recovery...

the main kernel zImage is from stock .62 kernel sources without any changes only the ramdisk has changes and some awesome features!!

DO NOT USE THIS KERNEL ON CyanogenMod ROM, IT WONT WORK!!

[ disclaimer ]

I AM NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF U DAMAGE UR PHONE / SPILL UR COFFEE / MISS UR ALARMS / ANY OTHER CALAMITY/MISHAP

[ features ]

• [v01 onwards] added my DooMRecovery v04
  • [v01 onwards] added support for init.d scripts (/system/etc/init.d)
  • [v01 onwards] added support for userinit scripts:
    • if sd-ext is mounted then it will execute /sd-ext/userinit.sh & shell scripts in /sd-ext/userinit.d/ folder
    • also scripts in /data/local/ will be executed... it will execute /data/local/userinit.sh & shell scripts in /data/local/userinit.d/ folder
  • [v01 onwards] autorooting (prerooted)
    • su binary & superuser.apk will automatically be installed by kernel :D
    • busybox (1.18.4) gets installed at /system/xbin/
  • [v01 onwards] insecure ramdisk
    • ramdisk is insecure (ro.secure=0)
    • adb server is persistent
    • usb debugging enabled
    • rootfs and /system mounted as rw

[ requirements ]

• stock Sony 6.0.A.3.62/.67/.73 FW
  • bootloader unlocked
  • working fastboot

[ how to install this kernel ]

1. download the kernel.elf
  2. save the it in the folder with fastboot binaries (fastboot.exe files)
  3. power down device
  4. start device in fastboot mode
  5. use the following command to flash the kernel.elf
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot kernel.elf
  6. reboot phone and enjoy the kernel ;)

Incase you are installing this over kernel other than stock, you may run into wifi not working issue... in that case flash the wifi modules for stock kernel via recovery to get it working again...

OR

download the recovery flashable package and use it to flash kernel along with wifi modules

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ downloads ]

[Xperia S] Advanced Stock Kernel (FW: .62/.67/.73 ) [RECOVERY FLASHABLE PACKAGE]
[ MD5HASH: 7024aaa572bb18f51776aef0fbfae9c3 ]

icon8.gif

cheers!

Last edited:

marcjuh

Wohoow:eek:
Tnx greatly been seeing you at arc, x10 and all the others were you make the kernels... Must be hard beeing this good:thumbup:

Is this the toutch. Version????
Is this the result of all the testing people did???

Tnx again for this:D

Verstuurd van mijn LT26i met Tapatalk

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Wohoow:eek:
Tnx greatly been seeing you at arc, x10 and all the others were you make the kernels... Must be hard beeing this good:thumbup:

Is this the toutch. Version????
Is this the result of all the testing people did???

Tnx again for this:D

latest touch recovery is available in this kernel

That's the point it's stock kernel with Sony logo. Use the other kernel if you want doom logo.

Sent From Xperia Arc

well the point of this kernel is to provide users/ROM makers with stock kernel which has recovery included ;)

marcjuh

Coudnt resist and downl. It... Its indeed stock... Great work hopefully defs. Will use it... Me gonne go back to OC kernels..
Hopefully that OC. Version gonne get the finall release ass well but hey... Take youre time its weekend ;) enjoy it

ranrick

Jul 29, 2010
Coming from #9001 kernel, after flashing this advanced stock kernel, WIFI doesn't work anymore. any advices? :(

EDIT:
memo to myself, read the first post!
Update.zip found xD

Reactions: harfot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so here is a Advanced Stock Kernel for stock Sony FW 6.0.A.3.62/.67/.73... all the features in this and TONS more are there in my DooMKernel... this is ment for those users who want standard stock kernel with integrated recovery...

the main kernel zImage is from stock .62 kernel sources without any changes only the ramdisk has changes and some awesome features!!

DO NOT USE THIS KERNEL ON CyanogenMod ROM, IT WONT WORK!!

[ disclaimer ]

I AM NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF U DAMAGE UR PHONE / SPILL UR COFFEE / MISS UR ALARMS / ANY OTHER CALAMITY/MISHAP

[ features ]

• [v01 onwards] added my DooMRecovery v04
    • [v01 onwards] added support for init.d scripts (/system/etc/init.d)
    • [v01 onwards] added support for userinit scripts:
      • if sd-ext is mounted then it will execute /sd-ext/userinit.sh & shell scripts in /sd-ext/userinit.d/ folder
      • also scripts in /data/local/ will be executed... it will execute /data/local/userinit.sh & shell scripts in /data/local/userinit.d/ folder
    • [v01 onwards] autorooting (prerooted)
      • su binary & superuser.apk will automatically be installed by kernel :D
      • busybox (1.18.4) gets installed at /system/xbin/
    • [v01 onwards] insecure ramdisk
      • ramdisk is insecure (ro.secure=0)
      • adb server is persistent
      • usb debugging enabled
      • rootfs and /system mounted as rw

[ requirements ]

• stock Sony 6.0.A.3.62/.67/.73 FW
    • bootloader unlocked
    • working fastboot

[ how to install this kernel ]

1. download the kernel.elf
    2. save the it in the folder with fastboot binaries (fastboot.exe files)
    3. power down device
    4. start device in fastboot mode
    5. use the following command to flash the kernel.elf
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot kernel.elf
    6. reboot phone and enjoy the kernel ;)

Incase you are installing this over kernel other than stock, you may run into wifi not working issue... in that case flash the wifi modules for stock kernel via recovery to get it working again...

OR

download the recovery flashable package and use it to flash kernel along with wifi modules

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ downloads ]

[Xperia S] Advanced Stock Kernel (FW: .62/.67/.73 ) [RECOVERY FLASHABLE PACKAGE]
    [ MD5HASH: 7024aaa572bb18f51776aef0fbfae9c3 ]

icon8.gif

cheers!
    Is it possible to flash this kernel on Xperia acro hd?
    I mean will it work?

i would not recommend cross flashing...

but if u have the original kernel.sin for ur firmware then u can try flashing this kernel
    Coming from #9001 kernel, after flashing this advanced stock kernel, WIFI doesn't work anymore. any advices? :(

EDIT:
    memo to myself, read the first post!
    Update.zip found xD
    Thanks for the hard work.
    Will the source codes be available in github? :)

cheers.

this is stock kernel!

download the tar-ball from Sony dev blog... or watch/fork my official kernel sources git repo...

here:
    https://github.com/DooMLoRD/Xperia-2012-Official-Kernel-Sources/tree/6.0.A.3.62
    Links still not working?