[ROM] Back to the Future [XBmod-Yuki][Updatable]Build 8107 Ready

Search This thread

hjhjhj

Jul 7, 2010
@hjhjhj just a few more things if you dont mind

You didnt say if my lazy method would work "in theory" (obviously not sensible i know) Ie press unlock sd card using storage tool on my current yuki rom>reboot hd2 go into magdlr option 5 usb flasher>flash eg a 8107 ready rom (wiping partition)> send storage unlookncab and dev_expart cab to partition sd card reset> add android via sd adapter to dualboot.

And From the above method when i flash wp7 rom im assuming i would recover the full capacity of my sd card?? Yes or no?

Ok onto second point (not relating to above method)

Say When i unlock sd card using storagetool cab on my wp7rom.then How would you format the sd card to recover full capacity?? Before i flash eg v2.1- Because when i put sd card in sd adapter onto pc it only shows half obviously cos its partitioned? Easeus is it? Or is there another way shall i use remove dev_extrapart first?

Third point . At which stage do i do task 29? After i format sd card go into magdlr and before i flash wp7 . I take it, it doesnt remove magdlr and any radios right?

Cheers bud

your lazy should work long as you do the services part of the process. not any different from doing task29...only part that is different and reinstalling magdlr.
task29 is always the first thing to do if you want to flash a rom. it removes magdlr not radio.

full capacity? whenever you flash wp7 it reformats the whole sd...your existing android partition is wiped out...per previous posts. then you'll have to re-establish your android partition using any method you choose. it doesn't matter which partition method you use...xbmod's cab saves you the trouble of taking your sd card in/out over and over. make sure you unlock before removing yuki's rom.

just you understand all the other roms have issues with letting you install some or all of xbmod's tweak cabs. so just fyi. ansar and hd2o's won't let you install any of the tweak cabs. pdaj's - only some of the cabs can be applied...he has his own tweak tools you can install, but from my experience and readings they aren't all that stable even on his own rom depending on your set up. i just he has a new version out with his tools already built in.

the partition cab is a one time use cab. after it partitions the sd...it disappears off the system. you never have access to it anyway unlike other apps. it's only for partitioning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moschino02

Moschino02

May 11, 2010
Cardiff
Think i should be fine now massive thanks

What "services part of the process" are you refering to?

& Full capacity - you said when i flash wp7 it reformats the whole sd card so will i get my full 8gb capacity even though its partitioned 4gb eachway for dualboot.

hjhjhj

Jul 7, 2010
Think i should be fine now massive thanks

What "services part of the process" are you refering to?

& Full capacity - you said when i flash wp7 it reformats the whole sd card so will i get my full 8gb capacity even though its partitioned 4gb eachway for dualboot.

in magdlr...10 services...clearmbr, uselast24...if you don't do this your flash/wp7 won't work.

yes...wp7 flash by default uses the full capacity of the sd during installation.

Reactions: Moschino02

cheerphaar

Feb 26, 2012
I installed the ROM and its working great but i cant access the market it says that iss not available in my country. Can anybody tell me how to bypass that?

Mass13

Jul 2, 2007
Wifi issue

after a very long time use of this ROM all of a sudden I can't connect any more to any wifi ap, when I look in the registry under Hkey_Local_Machine\software\drivers\wlan\macaddr\ under value data I've got Unsupported type: Unknown (3) as mac address

Anyone has a solution for this problem? I would hate to flash the phone again...

Reactions: cheerphaar

hjhjhj

Jul 7, 2010
after a very long time use of this ROM all of a sudden I can't connect any more to any wifi ap, when I look in the registry under Hkey_Local_Machine\software\drivers\wlan\macaddr\ under value data I've got Unsupported type: Unknown (3) as mac address

Anyone has a solution for this problem? I would hate to flash the phone again...

check what it says in Settings...About for the mac address. Only way to solve is try putting in a valid mac address. weird how/why your mac address got wiped out.

as the mac address changes with each reboot of wp7, try this address...then soft reboot and see
if you get a new address. 00-18-41-B8-10-57

remember it's type binary in the registry. if this doesn't work...hard reset or reflash.

Mass13

Jul 2, 2007
check what it says in Settings...About for the mac address. Only way to solve is try putting in a valid mac address. weird how/why your mac address got wiped out.

as the mac address changes with each reboot of wp7, try this address...then soft reboot and see
if you get a new address. 00-18-41-B8-10-57

remember it's type binary in the registry. if this doesn't work...hard reset or reflash.

thanks for the reply, seems to work at work, altough after a reboot it still says unsupported type: Unknown (3)
Only Cisco gear at work, maybe that's why it's working over here, will try at home tonight

Edit: works everywhere, thanks mate!

Last edited:
Reactions: cheerphaar

cheerphaar

Feb 26, 2012
I really like this ROM but the it lack 2 important things for me

Online tab in messaging to be able to be online on Facebook
File Manager

Can someone help me through this

433Mhz

Nov 12, 2009
idk why, but this ROM seems to be the only one without battery drain issues. :D

Is it possible to remove the sd-card lock permanently? It kinda sucks if you have dual-boot installed...

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
idk why, but this ROM seems to be the only one without battery drain issues. :D

Is it possible to remove the sd-card lock permanently? It kinda sucks if you have dual-boot installed...

Put the SDunlock app tile on the first page of your homescreen so that you remember to use it each time you switch on;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XBmod-Yuki Rom V 2.10 for HTC HD2

This post is dedicated to the XBmod-Yuki rom V 2.10 The Only Updatable Custom Rom for HTC HD2 (Leo).
    Facebook Page

Tired to change all the settings of your Phone everytime a new OS build is out!!!
    me to!
    this rom as Ability to receive official & custom update cab
    all your settings will stay after update like an official device & even after a hard reset the cab installed will stay.
    So enjoy the rom and the new system of cabs to peronalize your rom.

XBmod FTP REPOSITORY

-----------Requirements: -----------
    1• Hard SPL 2.08 or higher
    2• Radio which support 576 RAM.(Radio 2.15.50...)
    3• Magldr1.13

ROM Languages:
    All WP7 Official Languages can be installed by cab Link
    OEM version:
    Updatable by cab
    Windows Phone version:
    7.0.7004.0 -> 7.10.8107-> 7.10.????.?? :)
    Radio version:
    5.51T.09.29a_22.32.50.10U

----Features----
    - Ability to Install Mango 8107 Build & more.
    - Ability to Install Developers Update Cab. (Fixed with V2.00)
    - Updatable via zune (confirmed for build 7740)
    - Root, chevron and unlock features already in and reaplied after an update
    (apply sp1 After 7740)
    -Zune backup & restore enabled
    -2.1 introduce beta Multitouch driver. Thanks AnDim

----Know issue-----
    - Take care your SDcard is encrypted since the first boot like a real WP7 Device.
    Look Update Thread for Fix.

----How to Update: ----
    -1st it's recommended to flash an old rom wm 6.5 and let it boot entirely
    -Format your SD card too
    -Flash magldr 1.13
    -Enable 24MB extra memory in Magldr services
    -Delete MBR of SDcard in Magldr services
    -Flash the rom with DWI & Set a correct time & date.
    -Install the lastest version of zune client.
    - You can Run the zune update process like a real WP7 device & go to build 8107.
    -but it's better to look the cab thread and install os update via cab this is really faster than zune.
    Update Cab tweak thread

Personaly i'm updating this way:
    -7004 => 7403
    -7403 => 7720
    -7720 => 7740
    -Update SP1 or after 8107
    -7740 => 8107
    -operator cab,xap deployer,skin,ect.
    -set time & date
    -sync live id
    -reboot
    -sync to zune
    ROM DOWNLOAD LINK:
    XBmod-Yuki 2.1
    NOT all SD Cards are compatible with WP7.
    If your card isn't compatible with WP7, it won't be used for data storage &
    it may cause random reboots,freeze & update error.
    It very recommended to use SDHC 2Go minimum.
    Use a good quality SDcard for best performance
    if you have any problems with SDcard after first 7004 flash (boot in loop) or can't upgrade 7403
    read this.

How to hard reset wp7:
    (When Magldr show WPH LOAD 12345 GO GO GO Press Vol+ & Vol- then after the new screen press VOL- twice.)
    Optional Customisation & Tweak Cab

Soon new process....
    Create your own WP7 update packages.

Post Moved in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1250869
    Skin & taskbar cab

For future update..............
    Hi Guys, I am compiling an FAQ for your reference as this is a very popular thread (to say the least). Can i please ask for your help and in compiling this list by PM'ing me timmymarsh with your question and the relevant answer so I can add this to the list, thanks.

Tim.

FAQ's [Frequently Asked Questions] - (in no particular order ;) )

• I have flashed v1 and installed the whole process, should i flash v2? >>> Yes, it will fix a few issues experienced with v1, such as encrypted card whilst allowing auto update in the future to work. :)
    • Bluetooth does not work properly? >>> Turn on wifi and reboot, bluetooth should now work correctly.
    • My wifi doesnt work, what can i do? >>> Try setting a different (lower) channel on your router and reboot your phone.
    • My Battery seems to drain quickly, help? >>> Try the "old camera trick" HERE
    • How can i side load my XAP's because WPDM doesnt yet support Mango? >>> Use Toms XAP installer found HERE (Thanks Tom ;) ) {Dont worry if you get error messages, the XAP is still installed - just check :) )
    • I cannot side load xap's, why? >>> did you remember to reset your phone from within settings? (i guess not ;) )
    • Is there a step by step guide, im struggling with the process? >>> There are many around, like THIS ONE (thanks fella :) )
    • I have an answer i want to share with you all and it should be added to this list >>> PM timmymarsh with the link to the answer along with the question :)
    • Solution for low volume, only one headset ear working >>> Phone settings --> Accessibility --> TTY/TDD-mode: Disabled/off
    • My Battery drain is still high >>> Try THIS trick it may help.
    • If visual voicemail is activated on your account, but connecting times out when trying to set it up on the phone >> Text Message "Activate:dt=6" to 122. It changes the necessary registry setting.
    • Bluetooth problems?? >> see this post
    • Youve installed Mango but the device appears to be locked (cant side load any xap's?) - You should have hard reset after upgrading to Mango as per the instructions........ but if you havent or it didnt work, try THIS