Followed video tut for rooting, now i'm lost. What's a ROM, and where do I start?

Search This thread

Wodensman

Apr 22, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Oh man, someone here is going to kill me.

So, I flashed the booster.... AFTER flashing the booster, I went to page 2 of the thread where it's located.... saw that there was an error in the script. Well, I went and manually corrected it! So, now should I re-flash with the correction? If i flash it again, should I do something different, since I already flashed it once? like, delete it or something?

Wodensman

Apr 22, 2012
Lol currently I'm sitting in the theatre about to watch avengers so I'm mobile.....so just look in the dev thread for modems :)

Oh man, I envy you. I can't wait to see that!

Alright, after flashing this new modem, i'm starting to look into overclocking. I'm not sure if our phone can play GTA3 lag free.(or close to it) But, I would like to try. I keep seeing stuff about "Tegrak." Would that be benificial to me? I also read something about Antonx's OC/UV kernel, and where would I find that, and would it benefit me? Or should i just keep using the kernel i got with the rom?

Sorry for the Q's. Don't bother answering, Erik, until you've made it back home. And you gotta let me know how the film was! THOOOORRR!!!!!!

Wodensman

Apr 22, 2012
Can I OC using this guide, following it step by step?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1109170&highlight=overclock

Is my rom, valblack final, compatible with drhonks bali 3.0, or 3.1? How do I find niche info like this without bugging the wise folks here? I try search a lot, but it's hard. Try it yourself sometime, it's not as easy as the veterans here think. Some things are, but other stuff is still really hard to find. I've been reading thread after thread, after thread since I joined. I love it. I think i'm finally going to get the xda app.

Wodensman

Apr 22, 2012
Nevermind

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

Yeah, sorry. I got it and it's all done. It did exactly what I needed.

However, Looking through the two links above, and having been reading this forum for the past 3 hours on overclocking... i'm more confused than when I began. I will lose features by flashing that kernel, but it will let me oc? Then i just use setCPU?
Will overclocking to 1.3 show a noticible improvement in gfx-intensive games, like gta3? I already have chainfire3d, with all plugins, and that helped a little. Still not perfect, and that's why i'm looking to oc.

From what I read, you oc, and make your battery life longer at the same time? Isn't that opposite of what's supposed to happen?

Wodensman

Apr 22, 2012
Yeah, sorry. I got it and it's all done. It did exactly what I needed.

However, Looking through the two links above, and having been reading this forum for the past 3 hours on overclocking... i'm more confused than when I began. I will lose features by flashing that kernel, but it will let me oc? Then i just use setCPU?
Will overclocking to 1.3 show a noticible improvement in gfx-intensive games, like gta3? I already have chainfire3d, with all plugins, and that helped a little. Still not perfect, and that's why i'm looking to oc.

From what I read, you oc, and make your battery life longer at the same time? Isn't that opposite of what's supposed to happen?

Is that guide the most most recommended way to OC with my set-up? will that kernel remove features I already have?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Look at my guide that i have linked in my sig and read through the second post to find a custom rom that you like (i suggest Valhalla Black) and my guide tells you how to flash it. If you have questions, feel free to ask in the guide thread or pm me

And I believe the 3d cubes are part of SPB Shell launcher

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium
    Be sure to keep your ODIN and Heimdall ports seperate. You can get by with CWM for custom ROM's now except to recover or clean your phone up. Read the Gremlin Remover thread to consider using after a custom ROM flash or two. Your other option is KJ6 Heimdall One-Click.
    Did you read the guide in the first link in my signature as suggested above?

It is best to start fresh when flashing a new ROM. A lot of apps have back up features within the app for settings and such (i.e. GoLauncher).

I recommend Valhalla Black. But all the 2.3.6 ROM's are great.

No restrictions. Except maybe watching movies in the market on rooted devices.
    I mean with your apps. Factory reset won't unroot you. It isn't a bad idea to do a factory reset between flashings as a precautionary measure.

You shouldn't have to unlock again either.