Raphael / Diamond Radio's

Search This thread

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
I got the same Radio' version on mine, and I must say I'm quite disappointed so far. Where I used to have HSDPA everywhere at home with my TyTn, now I only get GPRS, and only sometimes in some places I can catch HSDPA. Plus I notice it's less responsive in some situation.

Is there a way to upgrade to another one?

HSDPA everywhere here.

But Signal is on the weaker side for reception indeed.

reyjabs

Aug 27, 2007
I got the same Radio' version on mine, and I must say I'm quite disappointed so far. Where I used to have HSDPA everywhere at home with my TyTn, now I only get GPRS, and only sometimes in some places I can catch HSDPA. Plus I notice it's less responsive in some situation.

Is there a way to upgrade to another one?

Mine has no problem with connection so far. What I noticed though is that the H symbol only appears when the device is downloading data like weather update, synchronizing with my mails(I had it configured as it arrives), when I surf the net and when using applications that access the net, like You Tube, Flicker etc. Mostly, the symbol toggles between G and 3G. (BTW,Test using Vodafone SIM on Central London)

Details
ROM Version - 1.90.401.1 WWE
ROM Date - 01-08-2008
Radio Version - 1.02.25.19
Protocol Version - 52.33.25.17U
Model - HTC Touch Pro T7272

Radio Band
GSM(900+1800)+UMTS(2100)
GSM(1900+850)+UMTS(1900+850)
UMTS(2100+800)

HSDPA Speed test gives me
1306 kbps 1st run
1488 kbps 2nd run,
1612 kbps 3rd and
1398 kbps 4th run

Test site http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed?jisok=1&more=1 using 1MB file.:)

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
OnePlus 6
As part of an attempt by the moderation team to keep things organised this thread has been unstickied, members are encouraged to add the info the the radios wiki page (Raphael radios should be kept to the raphael page, diamond ones should be in the diamond wiki area).

Please refer to the "Raphael Goes Wiki" thread for more details.

Last edited:

gioiellino

Aug 18, 2007
world
i wont to flash it in my Diamond and try 1.01.25.16 too, but i dont found these radio (only radio)

Last edited:

cmonex

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2006
Budapest
Hi mate, A rapahel radio which I tried didnt worked on My Diamond
This Radio is Raphael_Radio_1.01.25.16 just be careful

OK I know now why.

raphael radio won't flash on diamond and diamond radio won't flash on raphael. even if their contents are the same - I have such radios here (this proves they are compatible). there is a reason for this (yes, HTC, again artificial limitation!!!)

there is one way around this - if you are security unlocked in radio it will flash no problem.

moisesz

Oct 5, 2007
after installing the hardsplash, I tried to install a diamond radio (05 and 07) and didn't work. after 5% i got the invalid id message. it worked fine when I installed the radio version .31.

probably the diamond radios are not compatible with the touch pro.

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
I see you updated the wiki page a bit too... :S

Are there any other radio ROMs that haven't been uploaded?

darkvoid

Aug 3, 2006
Extracted and built some Radio only nbhs with yang. Also bundled them with cmonex's updated RUU file.

See the wiki pages for links (from the xda ftp naturally ;) )

mrvanx, did you test those RUU updates on an actual Raphael?
When I tried using the ones I had rebuilt with Yang about 2% in the flash ROMUpdateUtility would quit and give an error about the NBF file needed upgrading.
(Note that it said NBF instead of NBH, which I thought was strange).
After rebuilding them with a different tool everything was fine.

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
Some of them (IE 1.02.25.11 and 1.02.25.31) I packaged with Olipros NBHUtil... Haven't tested them as I don't have a device, but they should work!

cmonex

Jul 23, 2006
Budapest
heh, has no one read my #28 post?

again, diamond radio will not flash but not due to incompatibility. it is artificial limitation which can be removed with security unlocker

however there will be some people here who'll say yes the radio flashed - that is because they ran the diamond sec unlocker.

moisesz

Oct 5, 2007
Cmonex, do you know where can i find the security unlocker you mention on your post?.
final question... if its possible to install a quad-band diamond radio on the Raphael such as the .05 or .06. does that mean the Raphael could get a 3G network in the US?.
sorry if the question is out of proporsion but I'm trying to understand the this world. :confused:

mlekas

Mar 14, 2007
Seattle
I ran hardspl, then ran the ROM upgrade l3v5y packaged for Cingular 1.02.25.31. Install went fine and I now have the .31 radio (but still only Edge speeds here in Seattle WA). Reception seems about the same. Will comment on battery life after a day or two.

cmonex

Jul 23, 2006
Budapest
Cmonex, do you know where can i find the security unlocker you mention on your post?.
final question... if its possible to install a quad-band diamond radio on the Raphael such as the .05 or .06. does that mean the Raphael could get a 3G network in the US?.
sorry if the question is out of proporsion but I'm trying to understand the this world. :confused:

security unlocker is not available yet, we (olinex) need to actually make one. with a raphael in hand (soon!) it will be easy to work out.

3G: no idea yet, we'll have to look

cmonex

Jul 23, 2006
Budapest
mrvanx, did you test those RUU updates on an actual Raphael?
When I tried using the ones I had rebuilt with Yang about 2% in the flash ROMUpdateUtility would quit and give an error about the NBF file needed upgrading.
(Note that it said NBF instead of NBH, which I thought was strange).
After rebuilding them with a different tool everything was fine.

hehe NBF is there from the old times. what is this Yang thing?

NBHUtil should work fine