[Development] AOSP & cm7-Fixed 2.1

Search This thread

mazen912

Jul 7, 2011
thx to code2k to upload source to github :)

attachment.php

what's work

√ Call
√ Wifi
√ Bt (No call )
√ Camera
√ Vibration
√ Headphone
√ 3G data
√ Usb tethering
√ Gps
use cm9 recovery to install zip :)

Not working:
FM radio ( u can use spirit free )
Portable Wi-Fi hotspot ( http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27303808&postcount=933 )

Credits

Yarde & skywalker and arco for great source :) and all member of xda ;)

Attention
don't use titanium bakeup to restore your app's
Download your app's from Market , Because it i'll give FC

Hi,

sorry for answering so late, but I wasn't at home for the last weeks like stated in my kernel FAQ.

But I don't understand why you need my permission and who denied you to publish cm7 or anything else on xda ?

CM and the linux kernels are open source and you don't need permissions of anyone. You just need to fulfill the GPL rules - which primarily means that you have to publish your source code and modifications ALSO, not just the compiled binaries - and you CAN give credit to other developers if you used some work of them. But even this is not mandatory but good style and showing your respect for their work and efforts if you do so.

Regards,
skywalker01

thanks again to skywalker01 :)

Download cm7.2 fixed2.1 included all fixes + new fixes USB notification bug & 3g and Dsp Manager
http://www.mediafire.com/?yo3r1n07l96y3x5

AOSP Fixed
http://www.mediafire.com/?8pwqihnnpw4lelu

gapps
http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

Cyanogenmod 7.2 RC1 for i9001 preview by OmarPlus thanks bro :)

Attachments

• screenshot-1338841209359.jpg
    screenshot-1338841209359.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 55,874
Last edited:

rahilsayed

Sep 13, 2011
Mumbai
Mazen u r the best man!!!!!! :)
nice to see ur works and dedication

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda premium

BzArEx

Nov 30, 2011
Rzeszow
Great work! Thank You for bringing vanilla Android goodness to our phone :) May I have a question, is kernels for stock Sammy roms works here?

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda premium

wintel_mac

Jun 20, 2011
Nuremberg
Working:

-Cameras
-Audio
-Wifi
-Youtube videos in browser (did not try app yet)

Problems:
-3G works, but there is a DNS problem, so you cannot open websites. If you do "setprop net.dns1 8.8.8.8" in adb shell, 3G data works fine.
-Keyboard is very small
-Headphones out does not work
-Graphics seems to be a little rough sometimes, e.g. CRT off effect

Last edited:

ad0dh

Feb 7, 2012
Thx mazen! Just flashed it and must say looking nice and fast.
Will test it for couple of day,s :)

Edit: screenshot extended powermenu not work(not the biggest bug for now)
No vibration but that you already know
Import of contacts from simcard not working
Wifi and 3g are good

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9001 met Tapatalk

Last edited:

mazen912

Jul 7, 2011
Reactions: Lokian69

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thx to code2k to upload source to github :)

attachment.php

what's work

√ Call
    √ Wifi
    √ Bt (No call )
    √ Camera
    √ Vibration
    √ Headphone
    √ 3G data
    √ Usb tethering
    √ Gps
    use cm9 recovery to install zip :)

Not working:
    FM radio ( u can use spirit free )
    Portable Wi-Fi hotspot ( http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27303808&postcount=933 )

Credits

Yarde & skywalker and arco for great source :) and all member of xda ;)

Attention
    don't use titanium bakeup to restore your app's
    Download your app's from Market , Because it i'll give FC

Hi,

sorry for answering so late, but I wasn't at home for the last weeks like stated in my kernel FAQ.

But I don't understand why you need my permission and who denied you to publish cm7 or anything else on xda ?

CM and the linux kernels are open source and you don't need permissions of anyone. You just need to fulfill the GPL rules - which primarily means that you have to publish your source code and modifications ALSO, not just the compiled binaries - and you CAN give credit to other developers if you used some work of them. But even this is not mandatory but good style and showing your respect for their work and efforts if you do so.

Regards,
    skywalker01

thanks again to skywalker01 :)

Download cm7.2 fixed2.1 included all fixes + new fixes USB notification bug & 3g and Dsp Manager
    http://www.mediafire.com/?yo3r1n07l96y3x5

AOSP Fixed
    http://www.mediafire.com/?8pwqihnnpw4lelu

gapps
    http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

Cyanogenmod 7.2 RC1 for i9001 preview by OmarPlus thanks bro :)

so guys, i have to say something about this rom by mazen. it isn't a developed rom from source. he collected some files from here and there and puted them together in 1 zip. im really confused, that this rom can work :eek: :confused:

i don't want to blame somebody. he thinks he is a developer, but this is the complete wrong way of "development". you can call this rom a dirty port, but it isn't a build. so before your device ends in exploding, i just wanted to inform you.

just try to rebuild his rom with the repos of first post and you will see he never developed anything.

there is much more work and there are much more changes needed as you can see on the repos.

there is nothing optimized. the build.prop and kernel init files reffers to files/functions which doesn't exist :banghead: also nobody knows from which rom/device he has taken the files.

it makes me angry to see a person who called this "developing".

peoples like these are also a reason, why the real developer doesn't give proper support or never release anything anymore.
    no one knows to appreciate it, how much work, how many hours, how much patience and knowledge is necessary to develop a rom. it eats a lot of FREEtime.
    and then the user are too lazy to look for answers and ask each question twice, because "they don't have time".

now, i am working on a completly reworked version of skywalkers repos. i am using some code from arcos setup. will upload the new repos to github, when the main bugs are fixed. for now storage(external&internal)/ data/sms/call/ gpu/ wifi/ audio (need to improve it, not the best solution) is working.
    every day i find a new solution for the rest. i wont give up ;) you can test, when gps, bluetooth (need to improve it, still a little bit buggy) and maybe camera is fixed.. i guess next weekend or so.
    I wished that you work in porting AOSP 2.3.7 but you have the control of yourself I can't force you to do it who knows maybe this will push me to try to create it by my self

[ Note : never created a rom ]

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda app-developers app

I gave up on 2.3.7, it's so outdated atm.. people only use ICS nowadays so I'm currently working on AOSP 4.0.4. and somehow the apps do compile now! so thats just a miracle

I will report soon how many apps got compiled successfully

edit: WOOOOOOOO! AOSP 4 IS RUNNING!

126_screen1.png

112_screen3.png

(status bar is a bit bugged tho)
    screen12.png

a new base rom is coming!
    I currently have 2 builds (1 is still building right now), CM7 (with working audio but i saw some sdcard bug) and AOSP (haven't tested it yet)
    I will post them tonight, so really compiled from source, not just a port.

Also I think I will be able to compile ICS AOSP very soon.

hooray for:

make -i -k -j8
    I currently have 2 builds (1 is still building right now), CM7 (with working audio but i saw some sdcard bug) and AOSP (haven't tested it yet)
    I will post them tonight, so really compiled from source, not just a port.

Also I think I will be able to compile ICS AOSP very soon.

hooray for:

make -i -k -j8

compiling is not that problem. bugs are the main problem. ;)

i have a complete new setup with some things from arco and some things from skywalker.. i guess it will be easier with the new setup to build aosp. i am still working every day and every free hour on it. i learn a lot. i am working step by step, so i guess it will take some more time. i don't want to publish a buggy build.