[I815/P6800/P6810] CWM Recovery 6.0.2.3 (12/18/12)

Search This thread

locerra

Aug 18, 2010
Seattle
Use At Your Own Risk

As part of working on the CyanogenMod port, I've built a copy of ClockworkMod based off of my working sources, so I figured I would share my work.

Download
Flash
Installing using your choice of Heimdall, Odin, or Mobile Odin. For people who are having issues with it not sticking, see this post.

Changelog
  • 12/18/12
    • Updated to 6.0.2.3
  • 08/12/12
    • Updated to 6.0.1.1
  • 08/01/12
    • Updated to 6.0.1.0 (fixes some bugs with nandroid, as well as some other bugs)
    • Switched to roboto font -- bigger and easier to read
    • external sd is not 'external sdcard' not 'internal sdcard'
  • 07/19/12
    • Updated to 6.0.0.7
  • 07/10/12
    • Added build for I815.
    • Based off of new kernel.
  • 5/12/12
    • ADB should work on all platforms.
    • Show log is fixed.
    • Custom keys should make getting out of "Back menu button disabled." easy.

Last edited:

LBN1

Feb 2, 2011
This flashes fine thru Odin, thank you.

Rom Manager App does not recognize that clockwork mod recovery has been flashed though (and I did not try to flash it from that App). So it seems the only way to do backups and recovery is thru the actual Recovery Menu.

Reactions: qasi and MikeKKLau
Use At Your Own Risk

As part of working on a CM9 port, I've built a copy of CWM based off of my working sources. I will not likely be working on fixing any issues with it for awhile (CM9 is my priority right now), so if you find something that needs fixing, either fix it and send me a patch (so I can update this build), or wait.

Download
Flash
Installing using your choice of Heimdall, Odin, or Mobile Odin.
I was just brave enough and boy am glad, it works perfectly on my p6800.
Thanks again

Reactions: htpybk

krazykat

Sep 29, 2010
Ontario
Thanks! I was trying to use this method to install the Root.zip - but for some reason - it doesn't work for me. =(

The ZIP sucessfully installed - but when I boot the tablet, it doesn't seem to have root installed.

Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

JemaKnight

Jan 22, 2012
Thanks! I was trying to use this method to install the Root.zip - but for some reason - it doesn't work for me. =(

The ZIP sucessfully installed - but when I boot the tablet, it doesn't seem to have root installed.

Anyone have any ideas?

I've had the same issue (with more than one version of the root package), I had to go back to 5.0.2.7 for this reason.

This version was also incapable of loading up the backups I made with 5.0.2.7, is that to be expected or a bug?

faridaizuddin

Apr 8, 2010
Marang
Sorry.. Forgot to update here.. I flashed via Odin and successfully made it! Thanks! Waiting for something great cooked before I use CWM oftenly.. :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk 2

wintermute000

Jul 13, 2010
whats this one do over the initial CWM release? I've been flashing steve's tweaked stock merrily using the original CWM all the way to the recently released v3. Do you need this one to do the ICS alpha or something like that?

faridaizuddin

Apr 8, 2010
Marang
whats this one do over the initial CWM release? I've been flashing steve's tweaked stock merrily using the original CWM all the way to the recently released v3. Do you need this one to do the ICS alpha or something like that?

I guess so.. I experienced this kind of problem before on my X-HTC Tattoo where I need CWM version 5.x.x then I can only flash nightlies from CM7.. If I'm not mistaken 'build 7 error' or something sounded like that.. It just wouldn't install any CM7.

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk 2

Gilbot

Jul 29, 2010
Milpitas
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use At Your Own Risk

As part of working on the CyanogenMod port, I've built a copy of ClockworkMod based off of my working sources, so I figured I would share my work.

Download
    Flash
    Installing using your choice of Heimdall, Odin, or Mobile Odin. For people who are having issues with it not sticking, see this post.

Changelog
    • 12/18/12
      • Updated to 6.0.2.3
    • 08/12/12
      • Updated to 6.0.1.1
    • 08/01/12
      • Updated to 6.0.1.0 (fixes some bugs with nandroid, as well as some other bugs)
      • Switched to roboto font -- bigger and easier to read
      • external sd is not 'external sdcard' not 'internal sdcard'
    • 07/19/12
      • Updated to 6.0.0.7
    • 07/10/12
      • Added build for I815.
      • Based off of new kernel.
    • 5/12/12
      • ADB should work on all platforms.
      • Show log is fixed.
      • Custom keys should make getting out of "Back menu button disabled." easy.
    Ok, posted new builds. I somehow broke my build system, which is why it took me a bit to upload new versions after goo.im lost everything.
    New recoveries for all devices... testers?!

Just thought I'd drop by and mention that I've uploaded new versions of ClockworkMod Recovery for all devices. Nothing new in particular, but the recovery is now equipped to deal with Android 4.2's changes to sdcard naming, so we might as well be on new recoveries for when the time comes.

P6800
    Heimdall-flashable image (6.0.1.9): goo.im (md5: 58cc9f803f86c9c4341fa143c8408ab4)

P6810
    Heimdall-flashable image (6.0.1.9): goo.im (md5: 312cbbd86522a3a2af42c45f25f7010c)

i815
    Heimdall-flashable image (6.0.1.9): goo.im (md5: 6a72a2a85ca8bbceab6ee06743cd667e)

As most of you know, I don't actually have a Tab 7.7, so I haven't tested these myself. Feedback is appreciated! Note to n00bs: maybe let the more-experience people flash first, just in case. ;)
    New Builds

Thank you for the confirmation of the issue. Looking forward to the next version.
    Your wait is over.
    After a bit of searching I figured out why the SCH-i815 CWM will not stick on Stock ROMS after the FD01 update.

The FD01 update places the file "recovery-from.boot.p" in the /system folder which overwrites custom recoveries upon boot. To stop this from occurring, you will need a root-enabled file explorer. Navigate to /system and rename the "recovery-from.boot.p" file to "recovery-from.boot.p.bak" or, alternatively, you can delete the "recovery-from.boot.p" file (renaming it is better in case something goes wrong). You can then flash a custom recovery and it will stick.

EDIT: Be careful, its possible you can run into problems if you use lockscreen security, I suggest making sure your tab is using an unsecure lockscreen: the "swipe screen to unlock" lockscreen before flashing CWM in Odin mode. After flashing CWM through Odin, I suggest making sure your tab does not boot into the stock rom and immediately make a nandroid backup.