[Q] No PG86IMG

Search This thread

bricked_3d

May 8, 2012
Hi all,

It seems that I have managed to brick my device. I am on 1.50 S-ON, and was trying to flash one of the ICS ROMs through the usual method (push the zip, reboot to bootloader, fastboot to the recovery.img) which I have used multiple times successfully in the past, but the phone ended up in a reboot loop. I did not apply any firmware changes (at least not voluntarily!), since the ROM (CleanROM was the first one I tried to flash) said that this was necessary. I tried flashing different ROMs (GB or ICS), and a Nandroid backup, but none seem to work. The only clue I have as to what is going on is that fastboot says that there is no image of PG86DIAG.[zip,nbh] and PG86IMG.[zip,nbh,tar,aes,enc]. This looks like a radio issue to me, but I don't want to do anything stupid (again!), so any input would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

smokin1337

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2010
Virginia
I would recommend flashing this: http://dev-host.org/ru0ow8ps0i01/PG86IMG_2.17.651.5.zip

Its haus's 2.17 fw package and has everything in it. I flashed the new fw and a rom and had the same bootloop and nothing stopped it except returning to a stock system. After flashing this i flashed a new rom and everything worked as normal.

Rename the zip file PG86IMG.zip put on root of sdcard and reboot to bootloader. (Just in case anyone needs to know) This is a completely stock rom and fw so you will need to flash another rom with superuser in it for root apps.

Hope that helps...

Reactions: bricked_3d

onefasttreopro

May 8, 2009
If I'm reading it correctly you tried ics flash and it failed and now you wanna go back or flash to another working Rom right?....if so, unplug phone from comp, pull battery and reboot into bootloader (power +vol up), pick fastboot, connect to comp, use fastboot command to get into recovery and wipe and flash a working Rom....that's also assuming you already have a Rom on sdcard......if not then push a tom to card or in cwm you can mount USB storage and do drag and drop....I really hope that points you in right direction....let me know.

With hboot 1.5 s-on you have to do the fastboot command in order to get into recovery in order to do flashes...

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

Reactions: bricked_3d

bricked_3d

May 8, 2012
It booted!

Hey both,

I did somehow manage to flash a regular GB ROM. The weird thing is I was doing the exact same thing I was doing before (which is onefasttereopro's method), but for whatever reason it didn't work until now. The one thing that did in fact change is that I tried flashing Chad's kernel to see if any of the ICS ROMs would work, but I don't think that's it (it seems to have been overwritten, judging by /proc/version and the fact that USB works). Thank you very much both for your help, I am very glad that I have a working device again!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would recommend flashing this: http://dev-host.org/ru0ow8ps0i01/PG86IMG_2.17.651.5.zip

Its haus's 2.17 fw package and has everything in it. I flashed the new fw and a rom and had the same bootloop and nothing stopped it except returning to a stock system. After flashing this i flashed a new rom and everything worked as normal.

Rename the zip file PG86IMG.zip put on root of sdcard and reboot to bootloader. (Just in case anyone needs to know) This is a completely stock rom and fw so you will need to flash another rom with superuser in it for root apps.

Hope that helps...
    If I'm reading it correctly you tried ics flash and it failed and now you wanna go back or flash to another working Rom right?....if so, unplug phone from comp, pull battery and reboot into bootloader (power +vol up), pick fastboot, connect to comp, use fastboot command to get into recovery and wipe and flash a working Rom....that's also assuming you already have a Rom on sdcard......if not then push a tom to card or in cwm you can mount USB storage and do drag and drop....I really hope that points you in right direction....let me know.

With hboot 1.5 s-on you have to do the fastboot command in order to get into recovery in order to do flashes...

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA