Galaxy S3 vs Galaxy S2 (In Depth) 35 Improvements

Search This thread

runedrune

Nov 6, 2010
Lahore
Very useful, thanks! Because of this thread, it now sounds like the better longterm deal to me than the S2.
I didn't know it actually combines GLONASS and GPS (I thought it was merely an alternate system for Russians). :D

Also, I had no idea the S3 has a LED notification? Can someone show on a picture where it exactly is? Would be handy, no more NoLED required...

http://www.thetechlabs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Samsung-galaxy-3-pebble-blue.png

Top left. The lonely dark circle.

Edit: Beaten to it. That was the picture I was looking for.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Landorin

Mar 8, 2009
Thanks to the both of you!

Now that's really nice feature I was missing on the SGS 1 (not the only feature I was missing ;) ).

Daemos

Dec 1, 2005
This is a complete list of all the upgrades that have been made to the Galaxy S3 over the S2, Software and Hardware (if i have missed something let me know)

Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
C Pen support

For what it's worth...The SGS2 has Active Noise Cancellation with a dedicated mic, and because the C pen is a capacitive pen and not an active pen it'll work on any device with a capacitive touch layer like the SGS, SGS2, ipad, iphone, etc...

So these two are not 'hardware improvements'

cmd512

Aug 25, 2009
Shanghai
Actually to be frank, after seeing the images on 1st post the sgs3 looks more like a sexy phone whereas my good old sgs2 looks like a rectangle piece of box ;)

Agreed. It's probably also why Samsung finally got rid of that ugly hump in the back of the phone... with the overall rounder shape, SGS3 should feel more ergonomic than previous "square-ish" designs.even without that "ergonomic hump."

XDA mark

Dec 30, 2009
Rotterdam (NL) & Timisoara (RO)
Actually to be frank, after seeing the images on 1st post the sgs3 looks more like a sexy phone whereas my good old sgs2 looks like a rectangle piece of box ;)

+5

Awesome picture on first post, I'm saving it. Side by side like this you really see how beautiful the S3 is (plus you seen stock ICS on the screens, which also makes it so much more to my liking)

And to the OP: thanks for this list. Very nice ;)

funb0b

Feb 5, 2011
Folkestone
I hope the OP doesn't mind I took this from their first post, I wanted to highlight it as I missed it first time round. Perhaps others have.

Just really made me chuckle :D (The guys sounds like Seth Rogen to me)

http://www.youtube.com/v/61I97JKORDE

I seem to have run out of talent, I can't for the life of me get it to Embed, but enjoy anyway :)

Last edited:
Reactions: cyprusx

kingnaldo28

Nov 22, 2006
Miami, FL
how much the improve?

I get that the s III is better than the S II, but how much better, $300 dollar better, because is the cost difference right now.

Smartie36

Oct 4, 2011
Galaxy S3 has 1 speaker. This document says about amplifier, not about speaker's count.

Damn, was hoping the rumours about a 2 speaker setup was correct! For such an expensive phone it should have stereo speakers imo, my nokia 5800 xpress music phone puts the s2 & s3 to shame in terms of sound playback quality through the speakers!

To have 1 mono speaker on a phone costing 500 quid is crazy, especially considering the media capabilites of smartphones like this!

Killa357

Jul 29, 2010
Lufkin, Tx
Hello i am new to this forum. but i like to say thanks to the OP my only problem is that i can't find the thanks button please help ?

Look at the bottom right corner of a person's comment block, there is a hand with a thumb up that says "THANKS." That should do it.

EDIT: Wow, didn't see this is 10 pages long already. I'm sure someone already answered his question by now... oops.

DangKid

Jun 22, 2011
Barometer sensor

Lolwut? Does this have a real barometer inside? Because that would be extra sweet.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a complete list of all the upgrades that have been made to the Galaxy S3 over the S2, Software and Hardware (if i have missed something let me know)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w298fsmeyK0

Subscribe for more tech wars! ;P

Galaxy S3

Hardware

0 Shutter Lag
    64GB Microsd exFAT Support
    Apt-X Codec Support ( Improved lossless Bluetooth audio)
    Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
    Audio Quality Improved (Wolfson DAC )
    Backside illuminated sensor (improved camera quality)
    Battery life Improved (2100 mAh, almost everything in this phone uses less power)
    Barometer sensor
    Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP, EDR
    Bigger Screen (Better web browsing, Improved Multimedia experience with a larger screen)
    Burst Shots (up to 20 pics)
    C Pen support
    Eye tracking technology (Smart Stay -no more going to sleep while reading a webpage)
    Faster Mali-400 GPU
    Front Camera HD video
    GLONASS support (more accurate than stand alone GPS)
    Gorilla Glass 2
    HD screen
    in-call sound equaliser (boost the quality of calls)
    Internal Storage Improved 64GB
    LED indicator
    Louder Speakers (2x 2W Speaker)
    NFC support (S beam- can transfer files up 300 Mbps)
    S Pebble support (this will come in handy for gym junkies)
    Quad Core -Exynos 4212 Quad (Benchmarks shows its the fastest Chipset ever and uses less power)
    RGB sensor
    Slimline back (no more ass sticking out)
    Thinner Bezel
    Video Quality improved (High Profile recording at 17 Mbps)
    Wireless Charging Support
    Wi-Fi Improved ( Broadcom BCM4334 )

Software

50GB Dropbox (free on-line storage)
    Allshare cast – Allows you to mirror your screen onto a TV or monitor wirelessly -Need a dongle)
    Direct call (don't need to press the "call" button any more)
    Improved Social Network integration
    Improved Voice Commands ( don't need to press any buttons, very use fall when driving, it also easily passes the Wood Chuck test) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61I97JKORDE
    Pop up Play (multi task while watching a video)
    Smart Alert ( don't need to turn on your phone to see if u have missed calls or msgs, automatically vibrates when you pick it up to let you know)
    Simultaneous HD video and image recording

38 Improvements :p

Very nice list..

damn 8 thanks limit per day lol
    "Is that your S3, or are you just happy to see me?"

"I call it my S3, isn't it f*%king massive?" :D

EDIT: Sent from my Galaxy Sausage & beans.
    Excellent stuff indeed thanks for posting this.

For the haters, piss off away with your negativity this phone rules.:cool: