[Q] Best watch to pair with a Galaxy Tab 7.7?

Best 'alert watch' for Galaxy Tab 7.7?

• Fossil Metawatch

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Sony Liveview

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Sony Smartwatch

• SE MBW-150/MBW-200

• InPulse watch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WIMM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Motoactv

• Other

• Total voters
Search This thread

PLinga

Nov 30, 2010
If you have experience pairing an 'alert watch' (e.g Fossil MetaWatch, Sony LiveView, Sony Smartwatch, SE MBW-150, InPulse Watch, WIMM, MotoACTV etc) with a Galaxy Tab 7.7 then please chime in. I'm looking for a device with a wrist strap that can, at the very least, display incoming calls and text messages.

Last edited:

adinis78

Sep 29, 2010
Harrison, NJ
If you have experience pairing an 'alert watch' (e.g Fossil MetaWatch, Sony LiveView, Sony Smartwatch, SE MBW-150, InPulse Watch, WIMM, MotoACTV etc) with a Galaxy Tab 7.7 then please chime in. I'm looking for a device with a wrist strap that can, at the very least, display incoming calls and text messages.

I had used thr sony liveview with my original tab and it worked great, have not tried it with the 7.7 yet

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda premium

Reactions: PLinga

freaksamael

Apr 16, 2008
Bucharest

for sure LiveView (version 1) is not working. Liveview application can't find any installed plugin. only thing that work is locate tablet. Also on each reconnect the bt pass must be accepted (via OK button, but annoying...). This issue can be solved via hack on rooted devices. But no plugins...

...and after few days of testing...is working...!!! the problem is that LiveView can't find a plugin if it's not enabled. To enable a plugin, in ADW launcher EX add a custom shortcut to Activities on desktop and the plugins can be enabled\configured. After resetting Liveview all the plugins are found and active!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: thomkat and PLinga

PLinga

Nov 30, 2010
I can confirm that the metawatch works perfectly. I was able to test it with a friend's model and found no problems.

for sure LiveView (version 1) is not working. Liveview application can't find any installed plugin. only thing that work is locate tablet. Also on each reconnect the bt pass must be accepted (via OK button, but annoying...). This issue can be solved via hack on rooted devices. But no plugins...

...and after few days of testing...is working...!!! the problem is that LiveView can't find a plugin if it's not enabled. To enable a plugin, in ADW launcher EX add a custom shortcut to Activities on desktop and the plugins can be enabled\configured. After resetting Liveview all the plugins are found and active!!!!

I'll have to find a liveview for cheap then.

There is a new watch on the horizon: Pebble. I'm guessing everyone here has heard about it by now given the records it has broken on Kickstarter.

robroy90

Oct 22, 2006
Roll Tide
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
The Sony watches are useless unless paired. They can't function on their own. I have the WIMM and it is stellar. The original liveview i bought was pure garbage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

rEVOLVE

Nov 16, 2006
I'm a backer for the Pebble - just got a project update this morning notifying backers that all Pebbles will now support BT 4.0!

One of the biggest draws of this product for me is the low power consumption - I don't need the watch display to be colorful if it means i'm running out of charge faster than my phone. I'm still interested in the WIMM and Sony, but I'm guessing I won't get as much use out of it if I'm forgetting to charge it/running out of battery all the time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I had used thr sony liveview with my original tab and it worked great, have not tried it with the 7.7 yet

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda premium