FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

Android App for Obstetricians to keep track of their patients

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By praveenmallar, Junior Member on 8th May 2012, 09:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've developed a small app for obstetricians to keep track of their patients. here it's.
Attached Files
File Type: apk Ob Track.apk - [Click for QR Code] (37.9 KB, 338 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to praveenmallar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift praveenmallar Ad-Free

9th May 2012, 11:29 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
At the risk of bumping this thread when I don't want to.... this seems so fishy the mods should delete it.

If you download that apk you have to be a complete fool.
10th May 2012, 04:29 AM |#3  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hi7h34d

At the risk of bumping this thread when I don't want to.... this seems so fishy the mods should delete it.

If you download that apk you have to be a complete fool.

Your username is a credit to your usefullness.
Back OT ive showed this to my wife who is an ob nurse. She mentioned it would have more usefulness for her by allowing for more complications and a field to enter the pts meds. But seems like a great start for 1.0. Great database export functionality too. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
10th May 2012, 04:33 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 690

More
It could be useful.
With that being said, I would be hesitant to use it. Patient privacy is one of the highest priorities

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
10th May 2012, 04:56 AM |#5  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rxpert

It could be useful.
With that being said, I would be hesitant to use it. Patient privacy is one of the highest priorities

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I actually work in medical I.T. privacy from who? The doctor? Maybe they should just keep writing your name and medication on paper pads instead of encrypted databases? This IS privacy. Fact is, until each pt is logged in a central database, all pt transfers take more time and more admissions. Make more room for medication errors and the list goes on and on. Personally id rather have the whole world know that i have a birthmark shaped like the virgin mary on my left ass cheek rather than some half asleep nurse missing that im allergic to a medication because it wasnt added to an encrypted database when they rolled me off the helicopter. Privacy to what end now that my chart never made it onboard the helicopter? Now a nurse has to phone the point of departure and now im dead. All because of paper privacy concerns. Meanwhile the janitor is reading my paper at the point of departure because it slid off the stretxher and fell under the desk. Theres your current privacy model. Billions are spent on this technology , and this guy just gave it to you all for free. This doctor deserves a medal for giving it away for free to you $H17534d5. Oh and by the way , if i see you dead on the ground and defibulate you , i pull out and unencrypted data chip from the defibulation computer and hand it off to the next first responder . But boy we shouldnt want anyone to know how long your brain has been without oxygen down to the milisecond ! Oh no! Thats private!
/rant off

Truth is , nobody cares what the birthmark on my ass is shaped like. And even though access to the entire database of patient info is available for me to browse at my leasure, im too busy to care. Why? Because the system thrives on pumping out healthy patients and bringing in sick ones. The more we do, the more efficient we are. The higher the survival rate becomes and the better our communication with other health facilities there are. Sure , there is always risks, just like the pizza delivery man can enfer the file cabinet and read whatever paper he wants. But that same pizza guy wont be able to crack the password on the raid five array after breaking through the maglocked , key carded door in the server cluster. And even if he pulled out a drive and walked away , it would still need to be decrypted. All of this is less risk than a pad and paper which the current model for health records is based on. And it really takes people understanding that this health data is our lives, our most important information. More important than all your money and property. It is the difference between how fast we get air to your brain or not, literally. Im all for privacy guys dont get me wrong. But when its my ass on the line i got no more secrets. And professionally speaking , the only way a data breach could occur was if it was someone on the inside dropping an unencrypted device. But each pt is assigned a id number. So even with that data, its useless without a name to go along with it. The pt ID is at a federal facility . Thats the building you should be worrying about, not doofus leaving his ipod on a train full of medication information that references some obsure ID #. Bottom line , your children are going to depend on this system to protect their lives. So when a doctor shows up giving out open source help , he deserves a pat on the back for not being a complete selfish scumbag. 1.0 or not. I for one hope some day we can have robots scooping us up off the ground and replacing our hearts. Do you really think with the current paper model that could ever happen? This is XDA and when a doc shows up who delivers babies and gives us open source baby apps we say thanks. Or atleast in Canada we do.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to android01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift android01 Ad-Free
10th May 2012, 07:11 AM |#6  
XDA Portal Team / Retired Senior Moderator
Flag T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...
Thanks Meter: 3,189

More
Arrow .
Please stay on topic and respect to all members
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)