[FP1][Kernel][Odin][CWM]Stock FP1 kernel

Search This thread

kvswim

Mar 25, 2011
Fort Worth, TX
Is it possible to "repack" the kernel until source rolls in? Like what imoseyon did before we got the GB OTA?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium

dwitherell

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2011
Is it possible to "repack" the kernel until source rolls in? Like what imoseyon did before we got the GB OTA?

I would be very interested in such things as well. My attempts were less than successful, even though similar approaches worked fine for ep4d.

shrike1978

Jun 28, 2011
Atlanta, GA

I would be very interested in such things as well. My attempts were less than successful, even though similar approaches worked fine for ep4d.

I was going to attempt to do this, but now that the source it out, I'll probably hold off and see if imnuts ges PBJ updated. I may still do it as a personal exercise, but it probably won't see a release unless PBJ hasn't been updated by then.

Oldtymehockey

Sep 29, 2010
I am having trouble with the CWM version of this radio update. I am currently running the following:

Eclipse 2.0
Baseband i510.06.FP1
Kernel 2.3.35.4-EP4-g311a209
Build SCH-I510.FP1
CWM version 5.0.2.7

I try to add the FP1 radio through CWM and I get stuck at the Samsung screen. I am able to restore back to the above settings though so I am not bricked by trying to add the FP1 update.

I am interested in the radio update as I do not have WiFi, my radio crackles, and the speaker/mic totally cut out in the middle of calls.

Anyone have any pointers?

Oldtymehockey

Sep 29, 2010
I believe I am on EXT4. I am not certain however. I don't see a way the device indicates the file system.

Oldtymehockey

Sep 29, 2010
Gotcha. I haven't really used Terminal Emulator since my Incredible. Now I have to learn how to use it in Ubuntu Linux because I gave up on Windoze on my laptop.

Oldtymehockey

Sep 29, 2010
Aah. Yes. Duh... Forgot about the phone. Looks like this...

rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
none /acct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/radio tmpfs rw,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
/dev/block/stl10 /system ext4 ro,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /data ext4 rw,noatime,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
/dev/block/stl11 /dbdata ext4 rw,noatime,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 /cache ext4 rw,noatime,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
/dev/block/stl3 /efs rfs rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,vfat,llw,check=no,gid/uid/rwx,iocharset=utf8 0 0
/dev/block/stl7 /mnt/.lfs j4fs rw,relatime 0 0

cujo6801

Jan 2, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
Aah. Yes. Duh... Forgot about the phone. Looks like this...

rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
none /acct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/radio tmpfs rw,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
/dev/block/stl10 /system ext4 ro,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /data ext4 rw,noatime,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
/dev/block/stl11 /dbdata ext4 rw,noatime,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 /cache ext4 rw,noatime,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
/dev/block/stl3 /efs rfs rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,vfat,llw,check=no,gid/uid/rwx,iocharset=utf8 0 0
/dev/block/stl7 /mnt/.lfs j4fs rw,relatime 0 0

Yep you're ext4... need to covert to rfs to use stock kernel ...download voodoo sound to convert back...

SENT FROM THE DOG POUND

Reactions: Oldtymehockey

Oldtymehockey

Sep 29, 2010
I installed Voodoo Sound. It seems to only deal with audio settings. Am I missing something there?

Oldtymehockey

Sep 29, 2010
It will only show conversion options if you flash imoseyon 4.0. Once you install it bootup, check to disable lagfix and reboot. It will convert then reboot to recovery to flash this:D

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA

Thanks. I happened to have imoseyon 4.0 already on my SD card so I just installed the kernel. The Vodoo app did change for me. I successfully converted the file system. The device now boots fine with imoseyon kernel but when I try to apply the FP1 kernel it will not boot past the Eclipse splash screen.

Reactions: HTCluva

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Posted this elsewhere, but...

Ironically I only put together a cwm zip a while back and not an ODIN...

With our powers combined... ;)
    I decided to dump the stock FP1 kernel for everyone who has been looking for an way to get it without having to go back to stock. It's Odin only right now, but I'll try to put together a CWM in the next day or two when I get time.

Stock FP1 kernel Odin: http://www.mediafire.com/?ns38atiw1d7er5x

EDIT: We now have a CWM version thanks to dwitherell. See his post here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24459684&postcount=8

Make sure you're at rfs before flashing either of these kernels, otherwise, you'll hang at boot.

DISCLAIMER: As usual, I'm not responsible if this breaks your phone, burns down your house, or causes your dog to run away. I've tested it and it works for me.

Big thanks go to imnuts, both as an inspiration and for the many examples that I've studied and followed to get enough confidence to do this.

One more note. When I was testing this, installing PBJ over FP1 killed my boot animation and flashing the FP1 kernel didn't bring it back. If this happens to you, reflash your ROM and it should fix it.
    I installed Voodoo Sound. It seems to only deal with audio settings. Am I missing something there?

It will only show conversion options if you flash imoseyon 4.0. Once you install it bootup, check to disable lagfix and reboot. It will convert then reboot to recovery to flash this:D

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA
    This kernel can be flashed if you never took the OTA, still custom ROM, custom kernel, and would like to flash eclipse 2.0?

Yep. This will bring you to the FP1 kernel from any state.
    Wow. I'm still on Humble 4.1 and it's been pretty rock solid, for the most part. 4G pops on/off but I think that might be Vzn. I do think maybe I'll go back to stock and do the OTA, but don't know if it's worth the time-sink.

Sent from my HUMBLE by Danalo1979 using Tapatalk

Trust me it is worth it! Used to run that, and tweaked even with the stock fp1 kernel is much, much better! :D