Beats Tour with Control Talk

Search This thread

failai

Apr 11, 2012
Hi there,

Bought a pair of the Beats Tour earphones with Control Talk for my HTC One X today. The Play/Pause button works as it should but when I pressed the volume buttons it does nothing...

I have read a post somewhere that HTC phones (especially the One series) will work with any earphones with in-line remote control...
It seems so strange to me that the One X delivers the Beats technology but does not work with Beats earphones...

jermx

Oct 10, 2009
Is it a pair of genuine Beats Tour? Try w/ an iPhone to see if it work. As far as I know, volume controls only work for the iPhone and iPod.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Apiddo

May 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Try the Headset Button Controller trial app in google play. You can map out the buttons like long click for volume up, double click to skip tracks etc etc. Tried it with Desire HD's stock earphone today and it worked (Used DHD's stock earphone because I don't have any other headset with 3-button control)

Robster83

Feb 23, 2009
I've got some ControlTalk Beats too and the volume control is the only thing that doesn't work. They were bought for an iPhone so I'm not entirely surprised. I bought the Headset Button Controller (think that's the name) App and it allows a lot of customisation, including skip forward/backward, but still no volume control.

It just seems like only the centre button works, not the extra side buttons.

nhduc_ee

Apr 17, 2012
can anyone show me where i can buy this for my htc one x ( Beats by dr.dre Urbeats ) in UK ? I found many sellers in ebay but the price not the same ( 35£ or 99£ )

lk1974

Jun 21, 2009
Sydney
Hi

Considering getting this. Does the mic and call answer at least work with this "HTC ControlTalk" cable? I know the standard Beats one doesn't.

bigdirtyjase

Nov 3, 2010
Melbourne
Hi

Considering getting this. Does the mic and call answer at least work with this "HTC ControlTalk" cable? I know the standard Beats one doesn't.

Are you talking about Beats Tour or UrBeats??

The Beats Tour ControlTalk controls are designed for iPhone. Like most of the guys have said here, download a third party app to map the controls

If you're talking about getting the UrBeats/iBeats. then the ControlTalk controls work fine (I got a set of UrBeats for my One X and work great)

peekeje

Jun 14, 2012
Singapore
www.peekeje.com
Beats

The HOX says its Beats compatible.
and whernever i use any earphone or speakser, the BEATS is activate.

So, is it necessary to have the Beats Earphones for getting the Beast Dre effect ?
or its built in already in my HOX. and can be same effect with normal earphone which came with HOX.

thanks,
Pramod

optiknerv

Aug 30, 2008
Ellesmere Port
www.facebook.com
The HOX says its Beats compatible.
and whernever i use any earphone or speakser, the BEATS is activate.

So, is it necessary to have the Beats Earphones for getting the Beast Dre effect ?
or its built in already in my HOX. and can be same effect with normal earphone which came with HOX.

thanks,
Pramod

No it is not necessary to have beats headphones for the effect. It used to be in the old sensation xe/xl but not the HOX.

Top Liked Posts