By Albinoman, Senior Member on 23rd March 2012, 07:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th May 2012, 08:24 AM |#141  
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidmarc

I need some help. I was trying to install this AOKP over my cm7 install. I had about 1/2 dozen attempts to get he rom to boot, but each time i was stuck at the motorolla "M". So while I was trying different fixes I sbf-ed the froyo release on the phone and upgraded to the latest verizon/moto release. Then i sbf the froyo release again and now i am at the boot menu with:

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

I later found out this is a common break thing to do where you can not use an older rom after the upgrade. Can anyone help?, or does anyone have a droid2 sbf with a working bootloader.

Please search before make questions.

We already post sbf with Root tools in some last topic.

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA

6th May 2012, 08:25 AM |#142  
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albinoman

Dude you can't fix that.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using xda premium

Seem tobe like that. We waiting for you for a long time.

7th May 2012, 12:35 AM |#143  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dttung80

Please search before make questions.

We already post sbf with Root tools in some last topic.

I search for 2 hours, no dice. I search for the "other" thread, maybe i do not know which thread is the "other" thread, but no sbf i found to work, or no sbf has the bootloader included, and the biggest issue is mega uploaded links are all dead. Now can u show me the other thread if there is a fix? Everything i found is the phone is a brick.

thanks
7th May 2012, 06:45 AM |#144  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 910

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidmarc

I search for 2 hours, no dice. I search for the "other" thread, maybe i do not know which thread is the "other" thread, but no sbf i found to work, or no sbf has the bootloader included, and the biggest issue is mega uploaded links are all dead. Now can u show me the other thread if there is a fix? Everything i found is the phone is a brick.

thanks

Dude if you were on 2.3.4 then you tried to sbf you are screwed until there is a new sbf leaked (if ever)

7th May 2012, 01:37 PM |#145  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albinoman

Dude if you were on 2.3.4 then you tried to sbf you are screwed until there is a new sbf leaked (if ever)

thanks, I wrote my 2nd response due to being told to go search the other thread for an answer instead of just keeping quite. I know there is very little development for the droid 2 going on so i thought an active droid2 for updating the rom would shed some new light(not meant to thread hijack either).

thanks for your answer(sincerely!)
8th May 2012, 07:27 AM |#146  
Flag Northglenn
Thanks Meter: 25

Donate to Me
More
Is there a way to edit the Data usage section?

I got a data usage limit notification that's not "ignore"-able with no limit set and no option to adjust said limit. Any ideas?
8th May 2012, 03:29 PM |#147  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle

Donate to Me
More
Use root explorer and navigate to /data/system and open netpolicy.xml in the text editor. Then change the number after warningbytes to anything bigger (add a few zero's)

Sent from my Incredible using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Albinoman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Albinoman Ad-Free
8th May 2012, 11:14 PM |#148  
Flag Northglenn

Donate to Me
More
I thought that would work but I keep adjusting (adding zeros and multiplying the current # then inserting the multiplied number) the amount and after I save and reboot the old number is set back.

Also, if I check the "restrict background data" it's reads ..."is possible only when you've set a mobile data limit". This makes me think there is not limit set but if that's true why is there a warning with no limit set?

I wonder if we can have a look at a working (adjustable) data usage net policy.xml so we can see what the syntax is to set a limit then we can adjust that limit higher than normal use would trigger.
9th May 2012, 12:34 AM |#149  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle

Donate to Me
More
Oh you have to delete the backup it makes

Sent from my Incredible using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Albinoman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Albinoman Ad-Free
9th May 2012, 01:15 AM |#150  
Flag Northglenn

Donate to Me
More
OK. That was the next thing I was gonna try.

EDIT:Yep, that does it, thanks!
9th May 2012, 06:25 AM |#151  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle

Donate to Me
More
No problem! Enjoy the rom!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)