FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ODIN][TAR] SPH-D710.FE07_CL519197 (FE07 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore - Rooted)

5,342 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,242

By sfhub, Senior Member on 8th May 2012, 02:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th May 2012, 03:36 AM |#221  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
is there any easy way to go from fe07 kernel locked android recovery to an unlocked android recovery?

9th May 2012, 03:48 AM |#222  
Flag NE Pennsylvania Boonies
Thanks Meter: 1,086

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edlivian

is there any easy way to go from fe07 kernel locked android recovery to an unlocked android recovery?

Presumably Mobile Odin would be the most painless...
9th May 2012, 04:04 AM |#223  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob97ss

Not the stock one..Ics app from play store..

Bobby O'S Epic Touch

I'm curious, can you uninstall the app while on the regular stock kernel, then install the plus kernel, then install the app?
9th May 2012, 04:08 AM |#224  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub

Keep in mind many ROMs include their own kernel, so after flashing each ROM, you should go back and install the FE07-plus kernel. I'll provide a .tar.md5 version you can flash through ODIN since it is more convenient.

Here are traditional ODIN .tar.md5 versions of Unlocked and Plus FE07 kernel repacks (they are 7zip self-extractors, so double-click to extract the .tar.md5 file):

FE07 Kernel Repack [Unlocked / Plus]

They *will* trigger the yellow triangle and increment the ODIN flash count, so if you care, use a usb jig or triangle away to reset.
The Following User Says Thank You to sfhub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sfhub Ad-Free
9th May 2012, 04:12 AM |#225  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Benchmarks
I know, benchmarks are questionable, but I noticed a significant drop in both quadrant and linpack scores with this update. Was getting 3800 - 4000 consistent on quadrant and high 70's on linpack with FD26 stock full restore. Now, on FE07, getting 2700 quadrants and 40's on linpack. Anyone else confirm this drop in benchmarks?
9th May 2012, 04:12 AM |#226  
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Help
Can I go from rooted EL29 to this without wiping my data? Do I have to do a full restore? Is it even possible to go from EL29 to this build? How so?
9th May 2012, 04:14 AM |#227  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Hey guys I watched QB Kings youtube video last week how to install and you drag the downloaded file over to your card, I cant get my card to come up on the side. I just get Removable disk E and Removable Disk F. Just messing with my phone when I plug it in and click USB storage on my computer I have 2 windows that pop up, my card, and obviously phone. How can I get it back to 1 folder and get card to show up in My Computer folder.
9th May 2012, 04:16 AM |#228  
Thanks Meter: 440

More
So I have a /data bricked device. I odined stock cwm and ran ADB. Got

MAG4FA
0x0
0x0
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krazyflipj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift krazyflipj Ad-Free
9th May 2012, 04:19 AM |#229  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by techjunkie860

Can I go from rooted EL29 to this without wiping my data? Do I have to do a full restore? Is it even possible to go from EL29 to this build? How so?

Yes it is possible. If you are on stock Samsung provided ROM (ie not a custom ROM), you have a decent chance it will work fine, however be prepared with your backups in case it has issues. Issues are usually bootloop or random FCs, both are recoverable by flashing the Full version and restoring your user data (don't restore system data)
9th May 2012, 04:21 AM |#230  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyflipj

So I have a /data bricked device. I odined stock cwm and ran ADB. Got

MAG4FA
0x0
0x0

Ok, that is good information. So either we are looking at the wrong field, misinterpreting what that field means, Samsung has been too aggressive in limiting the scope of their fix, or they are fixing something different than what we are seeing.
9th May 2012, 04:23 AM |#231  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric1985

Hey guys I watched QB Kings youtube video last week how to install and you drag the downloaded file over to your card, I cant get my card to come up on the side. I just get Removable disk E and Removable Disk F. Just messing with my phone when I plug it in and click USB storage on my computer I have 2 windows that pop up, my card, and obviously phone. How can I get it back to 1 folder and get card to show up in My Computer folder.

If you are talking about MTP vs USB Mass Storage mode, use Auto Root.

Choose Option E - Extra Options

Then choose Enable ICS USB Mass Storage.

There is also an app you can download to your phone that will let you set the storage mode. It is in the faq section of this thread (2nd post). Look for mass storage.
The Following User Says Thank You to sfhub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sfhub Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)