[GSM] ICS 4.0.4 Leak [Nandroid]

Search This thread

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
You can flash radio and webtop using rsd. Just delete the command lines from the xml file and let those for webtop and radio.

@all: there is no way back from this leak. But in a while won't need a downgrade ;)

Usb is working fine for me and any others who flashed this.

Beware, this is a nandroid, if you flash thus over persisting system, issues would be possible.

If you want flash this safe without issues, use the other way, flashing t-mobile room via rsd first, then ICS via moto recovery. don't forget the steps to root correctly, you won't get a second chance.

This nandroid is already rooted!!!

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk 2

kenosis

Apr 7, 2008
Yangon, Myanmar
You can flash radio and webtop using rsd. Just delete the command lines from the xml file and let those for webtop and radio.

@all: there is no way back from this leak. But in a while won't need a downgrade ;)

Beware, this is a nandroid, if you flash thus over persisting system, issues would be possible.

If you want flash this safe without issues, use the other way, flashing t-mobile room via rsd first, then ICS via moto recovery. don't forget the steps to root correctly, you won't get a second chance.

No second chance? :D Currently, i don't dare to up this ROM

leisures

Jul 8, 2010
Cordoba
I can downgrade... Already did it twice :D but im on latam phone with the mmcblk1p18 from chinese leak, maybe that's why I able to do it.

Enviado desde mi XT910 usando Tapatalk 2

farhanito

Aug 21, 2010
Jakarta
We could however the bl can't be downgraded for sure which means were permanently thrown off the upgrade path when official release does come out. Oh btw they even removed the notification toggles on the german ICS

Meh, not even notification toggles?

So, you just restore the system or the whole nandroid?
Is root retained?

Thanx

EDIT
on 2nd thought,
can you use SystemUI.apk from Chinese leak on T-Mobile? Maybe you can have those toggles back and remove the carrier logo..

Dear leisures,

Can you help to post step by step to install this ROM if possible? :D
Thank you

+1 :D

Last edited:

nealed

Mar 31, 2007
Eloise
Cannot boot ICS

Hello,

I have followed the instructions: Flashed the 2.3.6 T Mobile ROM using the RSD alternative : Rebooted, rerooted booted into CWM - restored nandroid backup - and then rebooted: The 'phone never booted into ICS - and it seems that my bootloader remained 0A.6C (can someone confirm that it is the GB BL please) - anyway - I seem able to reflash the GB ROM using the RSD alternative - so I guess it must be the GB BL. Is there something that I am missing. Does restoring the nandroid backup also update the bootloader?

Perhaps I just need to try again? Strange, because the restore completed successfully. any help appeciated

nealed

Mar 31, 2007
Eloise
Yes - not very clear - but on the right hand size of the screen, at the bottom, there is a countdown (60s) before the "Download File" link appears. Once you see it - the download works. I have DLd it twice today.

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Hello,

I have followed the instructions: Flashed the 2.3.6 T Mobile ROM using the RSD alternative : Rebooted, rerooted booted into CWM - restored nandroid backup - and then rebooted: The 'phone never booted into ICS - and it seems that my bootloader remained 0A.6C (can someone confirm that it is the GB BL please) - anyway - I seem able to reflash the GB ROM using the RSD alternative - so I guess it must be the GB BL. Is there something that I am missing. Does restoring the nandroid backup also update the bootloader?

Perhaps I just need to try again? Strange, because the restore completed successfully. any help appeciated

OK - I am a little unclear - and believe that the OP instructions may be incomplete - maybe me being a noob?!

Anyway can someone confirm how I should proceed and if this is correct or not:

1. Install T Mobile 2.3.6
  2. Root using motofail
  3. Install voodoo root keeper
  4. backup root
  5. install bootstrap
  6. remove root using voodoo
  7. reboot to moto recovery
  8. Flash ICS Leak: 672.152.43.en.EU.zip
  9. Install Voodoo root keeper
  10. Restore root
  11. Install Bootstrap
  12. restart to CWM
  13. restore nandroid

Somehow I think there is something missing - what is unclear to me is of installing the 672.152.43.en.EU.zip via moto recovery is necessary? If so when I boot it I lose root, right? Can I restore root with voodoo? If so I can indeed restore the nandroid - but I don't see the point in doing so if I have already installed the leak? If I try to restore the nandroid from the 2.3.6 ROM it does not update the bootloader.

I am an IT professional so don't think I'm being completely dumb - but that is a distinct possibility! Please... help!!

da900

Mar 20, 2009
Saint-Petersburg
Yes - not very clear - but on the right hand size of the screen, at the bottom, there is a countdown (60s) before the "Download File" link appears. Once you see it - the download works. I have DLd it twice today.

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

OK - I am a little unclear - and believe that the OP instructions may be incomplete - maybe me being a noob?!

Anyway can someone confirm how I should proceed and if this is correct or not:

1. Install T Mobile 2.3.6
  2. Root using motofail
  3. Install voodoo root keeper
  4. backup root
  5. install bootstrap
  6. remove root using voodoo
  7. reboot to moto recovery
  8. Flash ICS Leak: 672.152.43.en.EU.zip
  9. Install Voodoo root keeper
  10. Restore root
  11. Install Bootstrap
  12. restart to CWM
  13. restore nandroid

Somehow I think there is something missing - what is unclear to me is of installing the 672.152.43.en.EU.zip via moto recovery is necessary? If so when I boot it I lose root, right? Can I restore root with voodoo? If so I can indeed restore the nandroid - but I don't see the point in doing so if I have already installed the leak? If I try to restore the nandroid from the 2.3.6 ROM it does not update the bootloader.

I am an IT professional so don't think I'm being completely dumb - but that is a distinct possibility! Please... help!!

When flashing "ICS Leak: 672.152.43.en.EU.zip" do not forget to rename it to update.zip. And after this you already will have ICS T-Mobile ROM. So, performing nandroid-restore is not needed. And, yes, it is necessary, because ICS needs new bootloader and new radio.
Yes, you will loose root, but if you backed-up it with voodoo you can restore it.
After "Restore Root" you have to install superuser app via market, because with this procedure you only restore su-binary.

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
It's very important to temp unroot after you have backup the root. Else you will lose root after flashing ICS.

Reactions: zeidof

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
It's very important to temp unroot after you have backup the root. Else you will lose root after flashing ICS.

You don't have to rename the zip, I found out so. If the installing procedure of ICS fails when using the zip file (not the nandroid file), goto moto recovery and perform a factory reset first, then flash the t-mobile rom again and follow the other steps.

Reactions: zeidof

royalbloodvi

Sep 6, 2009
used t-mobile fastboot, followed all instructions, has a restore system error.. would rather just wait for the official in this case..

draga277

Jan 1, 2012
@nealed
You haven't to flash via Moto recovery and restore backup both, I guess
Probably as I realized, the file you can find in this thread is a backup, not an flashable OTA via Moto recovery
Maybe you have to do this? I'm evaluating if install ICS through backup or Moto recovery (with flashable OTA) and this is what I understood.

1.Install 2.3.6 T-Mobile
2. Root with Motofail
3. Install Vooodoo Rootkeeper
4. backup your root
5. install cwm recovery
5a. open cwm apk and press upper button, then exit
6. temp unroot
7. open cwm apk, start cwm recovery (press lower button)
8. select restore&backup, from cwm menu, then select folder to restore
9. reboot
10. restore root with Voodoo

I'm not sure particularly about steps from 5 to 7.
Someone can correct me, please, if I'm wrong?

Last edited:

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
@nealed
You haven't to flash via Moto recovery and restore backup both, I guess
Probably as I realized, the file you can find in this thread is a backup, not an flashable OTA via Moto recovery
Maybe you have to do this? I'm evaluating if install ICS through backup or Moto recovery (with flashable OTA) and this is what I understood.

1.Install 2.3.6 T-Mobile
2. Root with Motofail
3. Install Vooodoo Rootkeeper
4. backup your root
5. install cwm recovery
5a. open cwm apk and press upper button, then exit
6. temp unroot
7. open cwm apk, start cwm recovery (press lower button)
8. select restore&backup, from cwm menu, then select folder to restore
9. reboot
10. restore root with Voodoo

I'm not sure particularly about steps from 5 to 7.
Someone can correct me, please, if I'm wrong?

As we said a few times: DON'T FORGET TO TEMP UNROOT BEFORE INSTALLING THER ICS UPDATE OR YOU WILL LOSE ROOT. AND DON'T INSTALL CWM. INSTALL CWM AFTER ICS UPDATE.

This will only work for other method without nandroid.

Last edited:
Read my prior post and the OP. When nandroid fails, use other method which is described in the "how to leak" Thread.

Same problem here during the restore, system error... If u do not mind, can u help me with the link "how to leak" thread? I am not able to find it... Thanks....

I got it.. This is what u said "If you want flash this safe without issues, use the other way, flashing t-mobile room via rsd first, then ICS via moto recovery. don't forget the steps to root correctly, you won't get a second chance"

Okies, let me try that way....

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the GSM ICS 4.0.4 Leak!

Here you got, I've made a clean Nandroid Backup file with rooted ICS for you.

FOR ALL "KAMIKAZE-I WILL FLASH FIRST AND THEN READ- USERS": READ, READ, READ, THEN ASK AND FLASH! ;)

!!! CAUTION: THIS NANDROID IS ONLY SUITABLE FOR FLASHING OVER THE CHINESE LEAK - NOT CONFIRMED THAT THIS WILL WORK WITHOUT ANY ISSUES!!! IF YOU ARE NOT RUNNING THE CHINESE LEAK OR YOU WANT A CLEAN INSTALL WITHOUT ISSUES, PLEASE GO TO THE "[GSM] ICS 4.0.4 Leak [OTA]"-THREAD:

----> [GSM] ICS 4.0.4 Leak [OTA] <--- KLICK HERE TO GO TO THE OTA-THREAD!

Anyone who wants to try, do the following steps.
    there is NO way back to GB after flashing:

To install the leak:

- put the Nandroid File to your ext. SD-Card/Clockworkmod/backup/
    - reboot into CWM, choose restore and the backup. Good Luck!

DOWNLOAD: Webfilehost.com

DOWNLOAD: 4shared.com

For anyone who could need this, here is the new kernel 3.0.8: 4shared.com

Languages:

50bb667a-2b7a-078e.jpg

50bb667a-2b97-da9d.jpg
    used t-mobile fastboot, followed all instructions, has a restore system error.. would rather just wait for the official in this case..

Read my prior post and the OP. When nandroid fails, use other method which is described in the "how to leak" Thread.

can i restore a backup of a ics rom after i try this?

No! The ICS Custom Rom are using the older GB Kernel and 2.3.6 System for now. So you have to wait until the devs updated their roms.

System Restore was a success.

It accepts the ChinaICS kernel/radio/bl. Now just restoring data and about to configure accounts to test it out more.

Edit*

Still couldn't get USB Mounting to work in Mass Storage or MTP mode. I have a feeling the issue could be kernel related.