[Info]whatsapp security loophole!!!

Search This thread

Dhwanik

May 15, 2011
Mumbai
Hello guys
I started this thread to warn u about loopholes in whatsapp messenger!!!

With about 10000000+ downloads(from play store) it is one of the best cross-platform messenger.
But back MAY 2011 (about a year back) it was found that whatsapp actually sends all the details in PLAIN TEXT.
Whatsapp developed said they are working on this issue but it hasn't been solved!!!

Earlier it wasn't easy to sniff ur whatsapp conversation as it required knowledge of packet sniffing.
But now there is an app in play store to do it!!!
Yes u read it right !!!
The only reason i posted this thing here is because it's very easy to sniff conversation using that app.

DON'T BELIEVE ME???
Try this app from play store.

Last edited:
Reactions: vnit and neovics

Dhwanik

May 15, 2011
Mumbai
Guys dats d reason i posted it here
WHATSAPP GUYS KNOW THIS FROM A YEAR!!!
I WONDER WHY THEY AIN'T FIXING IT.

I use packed sniffing methods on my coll WiFi since months
But this app is damm userfriendly and even a noob can use it.
If possible don't use whatsapp on public WiFi n/w.

checus

May 3, 2012
i search this aplication and i search donate version, really function, whatsapp sniffer is the app

Mar 31, 2012
Glad to hear it only works on WIFI as I don't use WIFI anywhere but at home. But I can't believe they've just been sitting on this for a year. And apparently they have or had other security issues that were handled in questionable ways. Hope all this coverage gains traction and they are forced to address this.

acid_master

May 23, 2011
Plain Text?

Hi,

I've tried it between my two android devices and sniffed the network traffic with Wireshark (sent a text message in WA). Here is a screenshot where you can see that the whole network traffic was in ssl packets (except the ACK's). I haven't tried the WA sniffer yet but my suggest is that it uses man in the middle attack and if the Whatsapp doesn't verify the SSL certificate the sniffer device can scam with it.

original.jpg

Johnnny Eng

Jun 15, 2012
Still working now?

Hai guys, recently i try out the application which i download somewhere, it can start spoofing. But does not Catch any conversation. although in same network. So now is not working dy?
see the link for image
wwwdotfacebookdotcom/ajax/messaging/attachment.php?attach_id=16aed27f638191557f7ad738a30884ce&mid=id.366744480064899&ext=1342473340&hash=AQBwQotNj-CBuI8V
Thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys
    I started this thread to warn u about loopholes in whatsapp messenger!!!

With about 10000000+ downloads(from play store) it is one of the best cross-platform messenger.
    But back MAY 2011 (about a year back) it was found that whatsapp actually sends all the details in PLAIN TEXT.
    Whatsapp developed said they are working on this issue but it hasn't been solved!!!

Earlier it wasn't easy to sniff ur whatsapp conversation as it required knowledge of packet sniffing.
    But now there is an app in play store to do it!!!
    Yes u read it right !!!
    The only reason i posted this thing here is because it's very easy to sniff conversation using that app.

DON'T BELIEVE ME???
    Try this app from play store.
    UPDATE

Sniffer app is taken down by the play store
    hopefully whatsapp developers will now update the app!!!
    Will work on shared n/w i.e. WiFi only