[Development - S8500] Polish Blood by mikegapinski - Android 4.0 Nightly1(23th June)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

anonimo1w

Aug 7, 2010
Well done guys, but i have a doubt.. in the end of the project (or at least in future updates) will have a "map" like the one for galaxy phones... like: send button=tasks button, menu button=home/search button, end button= back button, lock=lock/turnoff...
just to know if will be that or will be different..

adi4u4882

May 7, 2011
Chennai
Well done guys, but i have a doubt.. in the end of the project (or at least in future updates) will have a "map" like the one for galaxy phones... like: send button=tasks button, menu button=home/search button, end button= back button, lock=lock/turnoff...
just to know if will be that or will be different..

Since it is in alpha or beta stage or whatever they call it it will have those key logs i guess, after they get other things working they may make the default key log :)

anonimo1w

Aug 7, 2010
Since it is in alpha or beta stage or whatever they call it it will have those key logs i guess, after they get other things working they may make the default key log :)
Thanks, that what i thought too.. but is just to know if the key log will be like galaxy s and the others, what i think it will... and Thanks :)

JailBroKeN88

Jul 15, 2011
Great work Mike!! :)
Will there be any testing stuff in the future ? Next two or three weeks maybe. For me modem drivers are the most importants things so please concentrate on them with all your pressure :)
Hope to see new movies with progress soon.

Best regards
Schabi

Garonte

Jun 12, 2011
Awesome work Mike. congrats all our respect for you and others devs, oleg, rebellos.....
AMAZING!!"

Tweak90

Jun 7, 2011
Hey Mike,
as we all from the german bada-community really love our bada devices and the Bada OS we are also very interested in your project and want to say thank you for all the great work and time you are spending on this project.

But one question is left - will you try to get clean or cm9 version of android 4 running on the wave?

And as all eyes are on your project we would like to see some progressreport on your page/ here in the forum like:

Whats Done:
Whats left:

Like you did it to the CM9 for the LG GT540 ;) But maybe with some Dates for the updates? As we can see on the LG Site we do not know when u made your last updates:p

Thanks again for your great work and good luck with the stuff left. Hope you'll finally get the modem driver working. :p

Qron

Jun 18, 2011
Warsaw
Following Mike's twitter, the current version of his project is based on AOSP, so there is no connection to any version of CM.

Last edited:

Soxix

Dec 28, 2011
Saverne
Great work !
Now left :
- Idle bug (?)
- Wifi
- Keypads
- Microphone (?)
- Phone Network
- (Camera)
Please correct me if I'm wrong, or if I forgot something.

Did you manage to fix the Idle bug ? Does the CPU still keep the 1Ghz speed or does it slow down now ?
I'm really impressed of the smoothness. It seems quite stable now.

Last edited:

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2
In Some Videos on youtube mike says that wifi is working .

Great work !
Now left :
- Idle bug (?)
- Wifi
- Keypads
- Microphone (?)
- Phone Network

Please correct me if I'm wrong, or if I forgot something.

Did you manage to fix the Idle bug ? Does the CPU still keep the 1Ghz speed or does it slow down now ?
I'm really impressed of the smoothness. It seems quite stable now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

My targets in this project:

Primary target: Android 4 ICS port for Samsung Wave S8500;
    Secondary target: Android 4 ICS for Samsung Wave S8530.
    I. History:
    1. How I got my Wave ?

It was founded by bada-world.pl community after a big site komorkomania.pl published an article about my work on LG GT-540 Swift.
    The donators were (exchange rate: 4,17 PLN):

1. Comcio – 7,19 Euro - 28.03.2012r.
    2. MarcinUj – 4,80 Euro - 28.03.2012r.
    3. cinimini – 1,20 Euro - 28.03.2012r.
    4. prusaq – 1,96 Euro - 28.03.2012r. + 1,20 Euro- 29.03.2012r
    5. HROLF – 3,60 Euro - 28.03.2012r.
    6. Andreas786 – 4,80 - 28.03.2012r.
    7. Mielu – 4,80 - 28.03.2012r.
    8. n3jt – 1,85 Euro - 28.03.2012r
    9. salomonik – 2,40 Euro - 28.03.2012r.
    10. bedson - 2,40 Euro - 28.03.2012r.
    11. macaron - 2,40 Euro - 29.03.2012r.
    12. daniel23z - 2,40 Euro - 29.03.2012r.
    13. Diego962 - 2,40 Euro - 29.03.2012r.
    14. midnight911 - 2,40 Euro - 29.03.2012r.
    15. MaciekSmola - 2,40 Euro - 29.03.2012r.
    16. shevchenko1987 - 2,40 Euro - 30.03.2012r.
    17. Johny5608 - 2,40 Euro - 31.03.2012r. (PayPal)
    18. faabio - 8,39 Euro - 02.04.2012r.
    The rest of missing amount of money was my contribution to the project

2. Why I decided to start this port ?

I look for a new challenges and experiences, bcos a time to choose a job is getting closer and closer.

3. All links news and what works can be found on polishblood.pl

Caution:

All of that couldn't happen without great work of guys from Badadroid and all credits for creating method of booting Android go to rebellos, mijoma,srg.mstr, b.kubica, nbates66, anghelyi. If you think thay deserve a donation check their thread.

Current kernel code:
    https://github.com/Rebell/bdroid/

If you look to donate me click the button near my avatar
    Big day for Badadroid - I found and fixed "idle bug". Though there's sometimes issue when I rapidly order it to suspend and wakeup few times. However - kernel can now suspend most of live processes and go to sleep. :)
    I am locking the thread till 24th of July. I am leaving on holidays.

So far I can give what is changed from current beta:
    -Updated to Jelly Bean
    -Kernel updated with incr patches
    -Voodoo sound suport in kernel
    -Bringing Simple I/O in kernel
    -Undervolted cpu a little - less power consumption
    -I am also testing BFS but that still needs improvments
    -Android Recovery added
    -Data and Cache is moved to other partition by script like on 2.2
    I've located all front camera functions and init tables in Bada kernel so we will get it working very soon. Back camera is much more complicated, so we it will take more time to run it.

Please don't PM me about "how is it going". I won't answer anyway. I'm slowly working on modem but it's boring and long work. Anyone with C/C++ experience is welcome to help, but first you would have to browse replicant RIL for Samsung as example.
    I've just got touchscreen oriented properly. Still working on Idle bug, with no success for now.