[GSM] GSM ICS Leak [OTA]

Search This thread

koreanoc

Jul 25, 2011
A little tutorial for the Razr LATAM

Hi,

Right now I'm running the T-Mobile ICS in my LATAM Razr (Telcel Mexico), I've been reading that some people are having trouble getting it to work, so I will explain what I did.

First, I was running GB retail from Brasil (6.5.1-167_SLC-M37_SIGNLATAM_USASPYDRETBRB1B2B5B8B8LA030.0R_USASPYRETBRLA_P021_b8cb72a7e2_HWp2b_CFC_fastboot.xml.zip). You have to be rooted, of course, if you aren't use motofail.

BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING:
* Take in mind that your phone will have to boot always using the bp tools option located in the bootloader. If that doesn't bother you, go ahead and enjoy ICS as I am right now.
* In this tutorial, when I refer to Recovery mode, I'm referring to stock recovery mode.
* With this method you CAN go back to GB if you wan't and take away the customerID error by changing back the mmcblk1p18.

1.- I did the mmcblk1p18 trick from the Chinese leak. You have to download the file mmcblk1p18-go.rar, unpack it to your sd card. Open Terminal Emulator and type: su
After that type the following:
cat /dev/block/mmcblk1p18> /sdcard-ext/mmcblk1p18-back
This will backup your original file to your sd card.
After that, you have to type the following command: cat /sdcard-ext/mmcblk1p18-go> /dev/block/mmcblk1p18
This will copy the file you downloaded to the phone.

2.- Flash the chinese ICS 4.0.4 (fastboot-p2b_spyder-umts_spyder-user-4.0.4-6.7.2_gc-120-175-release-keys-chinaretail-cn_chn.tar). You have to extract the folder contained in order to RSD lite detects the xml file contained within. Open RSD lite and select default_flash.xml, and click on the start button.
After it flashes, it will reboot the phone, and it won't, but don't worry, power down the phone (power+both volume keys until you see a flash on the screen), turn it back on using the same method, which will bring you to the bootloader menu, then you have to select recovery. In recovery it will start automatically flashing a radio.img. When it's done, select reboot to system. You'll see a CustomerID error, this is caused by the modification made in step 1, but don't worry, turn the phone off, and turn it on with the 3 keys combo, in the bootloader menu, you will have to select bp tools (and as uncomfortable as it will sound, this will have to be done EVERYTIME you reboot your phone).
Your phone will boot into the chinese ICS leak.

3.- After you boot into the chinese ICS, reboot into recovery, and do a wipe / factory reset (This is very important!!).
Then boot into FASTBOOT. When in fastboot, go to RSD lite and flash the GB from T-mobile (Remember, everytime the phone reboots, you have to turn it off and turn it on with the 3 key combo and select bp tools, otherwise you'll be stucked with the customerID error).
When you boot into the german GB, root it with motofail, and then download Voodoo's OTARootkeepr from the market and open it, tap on the preserve root button, and then on the temp un root button.
Unzip the files contained in the German ICS (672.152.43.en.EU.zip), and put them in your sd card. There is a .zip, a .crc and an .apk.

4.- Now that you have the files needed in your sd card, boot into recovery, and select apply update from sdcard (NO WIPE THIS TIME!) and select Blur_Version.651.167.21.XT910.T-Mobile.en.EU.zip
Wait until finished, and reboot with the same bp tools method I've been mentioning before.

5.- To restore your root, open OTARootkeeper and tap on restore root, and that will be it. Enjoy ICS. If your phone freezes on the first boot, when it says it is initializing apps, just turn it off with the 3 key method and turn it back on with the bp tools method, then you'll boot just fine.

I hope this help you.

Cheers and thanks to the people from this forum and grupoandroid.com, whom made this tutorial possible.

Saludos desde Hermosillo, Sonora, México!

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
Hi,

Right now I'm running the T-Mobile ICS in my LATAM Razr (Telcel Mexico), I've been reading that some people are having trouble getting it to work, so I will explain what I did.

First, I was running GB retail from Brasil (6.5.1-167_SLC-M37_SIGNLATAM_USASPYDRETBRB1B2B5B8B8LA030.0R_USASPYRETBRLA_P021_b8cb72a7e2_HWp2b_CFC_fastboot.xml.zip). You have to be rooted, of course, if you aren't use motofail.

BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING:
* Take in mind that your phone will have to boot always using the bp tools option located in the bootloader. If that doesn't bother you, go ahead and enjoy ICS as I am right now.
* In this tutorial, when I refer to Recovery mode, I'm referring to stock recovery mode.
* With this method you CAN go back to GB if you wan't and take away the customerID error by changing back the mmcblk1p18.

1.- I did the mmcblk1p18 trick from the Chinese leak. You have to download the file mmcblk1p18-go.rar, unpack it to your sd card. Open Terminal Emulator and type: su
After that type the following:
cat /dev/block/mmcblk1p18> /sdcard-ext/mmcblk1p18-back
This will backup your original file to your sd card.
After that, you have to type the following command: cat /sdcard-ext/mmcblk1p18-go> /dev/block/mmcblk1p18
This will copy the file you downloaded to the phone.

2.- Flash the chinese ICS 4.0.4 (fastboot-p2b_spyder-umts_spyder-user-4.0.4-6.7.2_gc-120-175-release-keys-chinaretail-cn_chn.tar). You have to extract the folder contained in order to RSD lite detects the xml file contained within. Open RSD lite and select default_flash.xml, and click on the start button.
After it flashes, it will reboot the phone, and it won't, but don't worry, power down the phone (power+both volume keys until you see a flash on the screen), turn it back on using the same method, which will bring you to the bootloader menu, then you have to select recovery. In recovery it will start automatically flashing a radio.img. When it's done, select reboot to system. You'll see a CustomerID error, this is caused by the modification made in step 1, but don't worry, turn the phone off, and turn it on with the 3 keys combo, in the bootloader menu, you will have to select bp tools (and as uncomfortable as it will sound, this will have to be done EVERYTIME you reboot your phone).
Your phone will boot into the chinese ICS leak.

3.- After you boot into the chinese ICS, reboot into recovery, and do a wipe / factory reset (This is very important!!).
Then boot into FASTBOOT. When in fastboot, go to RSD lite and flash the GB from T-mobile (Remember, everytime the phone reboots, you have to turn it off and turn it on with the 3 key combo and select bp tools, otherwise you'll be stucked with the customerID error).
When you boot into the german GB, root it with motofail, and then download Voodoo's OTARootkeepr from the market and open it, tap on the preserve root button, and then on the temp un root button.
Unzip the files contained in the German ICS (672.152.43.en.EU.zip), and put them in your sd card. There is a .zip, a .crc and an .apk.

4.- Now that you have the files needed in your sd card, boot into recovery, and select apply update from sdcard (NO WIPE THIS TIME!) and select Blur_Version.651.167.21.XT910.T-Mobile.en.EU.zip
Wait until finished, and reboot with the same bp tools method I've been mentioning before.

5.- To restore your root, open OTARootkeeper and tap on restore root, and that will be it. Enjoy ICS. If your phone freezes on the first boot, when it says it is initializing apps, just turn it off with the 3 key method and turn it back on with the bp tools method, then you'll boot just fine.

I hope this help you.

Cheers and thanks to the people from this forum and grupoandroid.com, whom made this tutorial possible.

Saludos desde Hermosillo, Sonora, México!

So it's possible to downgrade from the German leak to gb with this method??

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk 2

farhanito

Aug 21, 2010
Jakarta
Yes, the same as chinese i guess..

Note that you'll need bptools every boots, and loose usb mounting functionality

frankhell

Mar 8, 2006
I was reading the whole thread from the beginning to the end. And now I did it. :)
ICS runs without any issues and like as a full release. Great job to keep everyone informed. Thank you all. Best regards :)

beastie-boy

Mar 25, 2009
Stock ICS launcher for this leak

Hi everyone. I managed to change Blur home to stock ICS 4.0.4 launcher. It's amazingly fast and simple. Just remove homescreen.apk from /system/app/ and put Launcher2.apk there. DON'T FORGET TO MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE!!!

Attachments

• Launcher2.apk
    7.3 MB · Views: 29

jerpsx

Feb 29, 2012
Like it so far...only thing I find anoying is the soft-buttons don't always light up (also had this with the stock 2.3.6).

CM9 fixed this for me..but well...seems somewhat faster and at least got the camera fully working :)

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
I did wipe from Recovery and root persists. May have to reinstall superuser.apk from play store...or rootkeeper will do, because the su-backup won't be deleted from /system/.

linusmax

May 11, 2003
Putignano (BA)
SMS Problem

I have installed 4.0.4 leaked and today i have power off the razr and power on. Also if the phone is always power at the startup i have received many sms from two passed day. SMS for lost call and sms sent me yesterday. also yesterday i have do same procedure and i have received old sms.

There is any issue about lost sms ?

Thanks
Linusmax

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the GSM ICS 4.0.4 Leak

This is OTA

CAUTION: There is NO way back so far!

To install the Leak, follow these steps:

- Download the Leak: Netload.in OR Rapidshare.com

- Download the 2.3.6 T-Mobile: Download

- Reboot into Moto Recovery and perform a full wipe/ factory reset

- Reboot DIRECTLY into Fastboot AP and flash the 2.3.6 T-Mobile Rom with RSD

- root your device with motofail

- Download the voodoo OTA Rootkeeper from play store and install it

- open rootkeeper and click on backup root, then click on temp. unroot

- extract the zip file from the ICS Leak zip archive (you will get another zip file), then put the extracted zip file to the root of your external sd-card

- reboot your device into Moto recovery

- choose apply update from sd-card and choose the zip file, you've putted on the SDcard before

- after installing the update and reboot, just goto rootkeeper and choose restore root

- now you got a rooted ICS! :)

I take no responsibility for that. That's the way it worked for other users, but if something goes wrong, that's not my fault!

If you want to try the Nandroid Backup file or you need it anyway go here: ---> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1643425

Screenshots from my customized ICS (using widgetsoid2.x and Apex Launcher):

2e7301d7-4883-5dec.jpg

2e7301d7-48a1-0cc4.jpg
    Guys, thank you for your work. Been waiting for this update few months. Can anybody post or paste link to EXACT procedure of backing up root? Will this app do all the job? Is this tutorial enough?

Best regards.

- Flash the t-mobile rom: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/umt...DE_1C.91P_0A.6C_TMDE_CFC_HWp2b_SIGNED.xml.zip

- root your device with motofail (you will find here in the forums).

- Download the voodoo OTA Rootkeeper from play store and install it.

- open rootkeeper and click on backup root, then click on temp. unroot

- download the ICS leak (here in forums) and extract the zip file from the zip archive, then put this file to the root of your sd-card

- reboot your device into bootloader menu and select recovery.

- choose apply update from sd-card

- after installing the update and reboot, just goto rootkeeper and choose restore root :)

- now you got rooted.

I take no responsibility for that. That's the way it worked for other users, but if something goes wrong, that's not my fault! ;)
    Upload of an hopefuly clean Nandroid Backup is currently running.
    I've to work tomorrow and it's 11pm. So for today I'm out. I'll post the Links, when it's done.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/phupq54rrd8u4ki/672.152.43.en.EU.zip

Have fun with it.

Edit:

Beware, there's no way back.
    Maybe the Devs should be the first, that take a look @ it!!!!

It's T-Mobile branded 4.0.4 and it seems to run well for the nice Guy, who leaked it.

He was on 651.167.21.T-Mobile Retail before, so we not sure if it can be flashed on every Rom!

50bb668c-dd3e-93ef.jpg

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk 2
    NO! You can just extract this file from a rooted device. And if you try to fastboot this to a bricked device, there will happen nothing, you can't just flash any file via RSD without any script and commandline which tells RSD what to do.

The link to the kernel is in the other thread "[GSM] ICS 4.0.4 leak [Nandroid]" in the Razr development section.

technically, it is ok to extract the system partition. to flash it is another story.

to backup the image
    Code:
    cat /dev/block/system > /sdcard/system.img
    it's an ext3 partition image, so you can mount it as a loop device to view the content.

the flash story...
    Code:
    fastboot flash system system.img
    on dev edition phone, flashing it back is ok.
    on a locked bootloader phone, flashing is ok too, but it will failed the integrity test & the boot process stop.

intergrity test(RSA certification)???
    boot & recovery partition is checked on every boot.
    cdrom,webtop,system is checked only once after flashing(via fastboot protocol)

why the verification failed??
    the rsa cert inside our freshly backup image is only valid for unmodded content.
    but as we take the ota, the content changes and it no longer satisfy the cert.

on ota, the changes occured internally, bootloader know nothing so the checked is not triggered.
    but if we flash externally, the checked is trigered.

p/s: sorry my english is not so good & i failed at technical writing...