Official Cyanogenmod 9 update ! may 2012

Search This thread

lordzu

Sep 17, 2010
Las Vegas
This is an update on our device t989 and the i727 Skyrocket from cyanogenmod github.

Change-Id: I8c0c5a64de4888597681e7bdef7302b541147965

http://r.cyanogenmod.com/#/q/status:open,n,z

This is official cm9 not unofficial (which turns out to be the same) thank you mr.x for clearing that up and its audio support for msm8660

Thank mikeyman77 not me. He is the author of the commit to the tree.

Last edited:

piecemakr9

Jan 15, 2010
I don't mean to be a douche guys, but I could care less, honestly, we have a CM9 team and they are the ****!

jim93

Oct 18, 2011
That there is progress being made from the official cm9 team on our phone

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
The push is from people in the team working on the alpha. Its not news other than that the CM team intends to support this device which already has been confirmed by cyanogen with no time table.

xsteven77x

Jul 2, 2010
Pittsburgh
Can't WAIT for the official cm9. Yes the unofficial one is cool, but it is never going to be as advanced and well put together as the official teams will be.

jim93

Oct 18, 2011
you do realise those commits to the cm hub for the t989 and skyrocket are from the same guys who are working on the unofficial right.

I posted that earlier in this page but it flew by them. Meh

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Can't WAIT for the official cm9. Yes the unofficial one is cool, but it is never going to be as advanced and well put together as the official teams will be.
You realize this type of attitude is the reason CM team doesn't post builds until they are official because people start judging the final product on betas. The only difference between official and unofficial is that one of them allows more premature previews and the other doesn't.Aside from the other obvious facts mentioned

Reactions: bbobarino

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

You realize this type of attitude is the reason CM team doesn't post builds until they are official because people start judging the final product on betas. The only difference between official and unofficial is that one of them allows more premature previews and the other doesn't.Aside from the other obvious facts mentioned

well, to be honest the cm devs said they hadnt put any work into the hercules or skyrocket for a very long time because of other projects, so all the guys who are working on the unofficial are the guys making this happen. soooooo...........

yes cm team members are helping us now, but they are not the ones focused on the project they have other work on their plates.

cyanogen is accepting changes we make so this means its getting into the official repo.

so to the people who say that the official will be better and more stream lined, yes it will, because it will be finished. but it will be entirely built by team chopsticks probably and submitted to cyanogenmod.

Ningcube89

Dec 12, 2010
Dallas, TX
well, to be honest the cm devs said they hadnt put any work into the hercules or skyrocket for a very long time because of other projects, so all the guys who are working on the unofficial are the guys making this happen. soooooo...........

yes cm team members are helping us now, but they are not the ones focused on the project they have other work on their plates.

cyanogen is accepting changes we make so this means its getting into the official repo.

so to the people who say that the official will be better and more stream lined, yes it will, because it will be finished. but it will be entirely built by team chopsticks probably and submitted to cyanogenmod.

Just thanks man. You're doing a job that doesn't come with a lot of rewards but there's plenty that appreciate it nonetheless.

Reactions: cKy

jim93

Oct 18, 2011

Yes thats the point. A dev cant win. If he releases stuff early because everyone wants things now then people will get the impression that one only makes buggy software and if you only do official releases than you end up with release schedules comparable to those of large companies like Samsung and people complain development is going along slowly.

In simplest terms if team A released
5 betas then a release candidate which was accepted as official CM then people
would still complain team A makes buggy software while CM team will always make it perfect even though in this example there is no difference in the source code.

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
Yes thats the point. A dev cant win. If he releases stuff early because everyone wants things now then people will get the impression that one only makes buggy software and if you only do official releases than you end up with release schedules comparable to those of large companies like Samsung and people complain development is going along slowly.

would still complain team A makes buggy software while CM team will always make it perfect even though in this example there is no difference in the source code.
cant please every one, and cant please any one. thats how i feel some times lol!

80centjack

Mar 28, 2010
No matter what-- progress is progress. So many of us are looking forward to excellent, stable, quality CM9, so any news that signals moving forward is great news. Thank you to the devs for all of their hard work that they don't get thanked for nearly enough.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

you do realise those commits to the cm hub for the t989 and skyrocket are from the same guys who are working on the unofficial right.

cant please every one, and cant please any one. thats how i feel some times lol!
    This is an update on our device t989 and the i727 Skyrocket from cyanogenmod github.

Change-Id: I8c0c5a64de4888597681e7bdef7302b541147965

http://r.cyanogenmod.com/#/q/status:open,n,z

This is official cm9 not unofficial (which turns out to be the same) thank you mr.x for clearing that up and its audio support for msm8660

Thank mikeyman77 not me. He is the author of the commit to the tree.
    So what does this mean? Jw

That there is progress being made from the official cm9 team on our phone