FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ODIN][TAR] SPH-D710.FE10_CL543980 (FE10 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore - Rooted)

5,341 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,236

By sfhub, Senior Member on 11th May 2012, 09:50 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th May 2012, 06:14 PM |#101  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 288

Donate to Me
More
Does anyone have HaxSync working on FE07 or FE10? I get the following message on both, "Unfortunately, HaxSync has stopped."
I don't think this is something Samsung/Sprint can fix. It is probably a developer issue, but I wanted to see if anyone has been able to get it working.

11th May 2012, 06:17 PM |#102  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguyatx

Im a bit confused too but maybe my bluetooth device works differently. My phone is paired with my car stereo and I can press the button and say call john smith mobile, or redial etc and it calls even if screen is off. Multiple phones and android versions all work the same way for me. I think that's because my stereo syncs the address book and recent calls with the phone each time its paired. So rather than the phone waking up to initiate voice control I suppose the stereo uses its internal synced address book to initiate the call?

So you are saying sometimes the address book gets synced and the voice recognition is done before the phone gets involved?

I think grncherry should clarify a little what he is describing if he wants to increase the chances that it gets fixed.

My only skin in the game is I'm peripherally interested in how things work, but I don't actually use the feature. Just trying to push things along so there is a better chance it gets fixed. There is always a better chance it gets fixed if folks can understand the problem and duplicate it.
11th May 2012, 06:18 PM |#103  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandoKC

Does anyone have HaxSync working on FE07 or FE10? I get the following message on both, "Unfortunately, HaxSync has stopped."
I don't think this is something Samsung/Sprint can fix. It is probably a developer issue, but I wanted to see if anyone has been able to get it working.

Is there anything error in logcat that might give a clue?
The Following User Says Thank You to sfhub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sfhub Ad-Free
11th May 2012, 06:28 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub

So VAD is Voice Activated Dialing? Does the same module implement both Voice Command and VAD?

Could you give a little background tutorial on the differences between the two. I think for a lot of folks all the voice activated stuff is jumbled into one globbed feature/module, but I'm getting the impression you are actually talking about different features possibly implemented in different areas.

There's this vlingo stuff, then there is that widget that gets installed by default, then there is the google voice command stuff when you press the mic icon, then I recall on my feature phones I would press and hold the action button the bluetooth headset and a prompt would get enabled with limited voice commands.

Ok, the voice command app that comes with the OS, it does say Powered by Vlingo, it is automatically activated when the bluetooth headset is paired with the phone. When the call button on the headset is pressed the voice talk app is brought into play and it asks what would you like to do. In my case I ask it to call one of my contacts and it proceeds to place the call, (that is what I consider VAD or voice activated dialing).
Well that functions flawlessly when the screen is on but after the screen goes dark and phone goes into standby, or locked, it appears the communication is lost between the pressing of the call button on the headset and the activation of the phone to initiate a call. The phone is unresponsive to the bluetooth headset, therefore a call can't be initiated. If a call is received when phone is in standby mode it can be answered with the headset as normal. Everything works as advertised except calls can't be initiated from the standby mode. Hope that helps.
Everything works on GingerBread but not on the ICS releases I have tried and I've tried nearly all of them. And this is after becoming a pest at Radio Shack using various headsets also. Would love to run one of these leaks but handsfree is a must for me and I'm sure others too.
11th May 2012, 06:32 PM |#105  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 401

More
Quote:

So you are saying sometimes the address book gets synced and the voice recognition is done before the phone gets involved?

I think grncherry should clarify a little what he is describing if he wants to increase the chances that it gets fixed.

My only skin in the game is I'm peripherally interested in how things work, but I don't actually use the feature. Just trying to push things along so there is a better chance it gets fixed. There is always a better chance it gets fixed if folks can understand the problem and duplicate it.

I dont know for sure but I think the car stereo processes the voice recognition then just tells the phone what to dial. Strangely I can open a voice prompt on my phone and press the bluetooth button on steering wheel and voice search over car mic. While the search works the car at the same time is asking me for a name or number and gets confused. I think its not supposed to work that way
11th May 2012, 06:35 PM |#106  
HOUSTON TEXAS
Thanks Meter: 698

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandoKC

it has been working great for me sir
The Following User Says Thank You to hayabusa1300cc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hayabusa1300cc Ad-Free
11th May 2012, 06:36 PM |#107  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grncherry

Ok, the voice command app that comes with the OS, it does say Powered by Vlingo, it is automatically activated when the bluetooth headset is paired with the phone. When the call button on the headset is pressed the voice talk app is brought into play and it asks what would you like to do. In my case I ask it to call one of my contacts and it proceeds to place the call, (that is what I consider VAD or voice activated dialing).
Well that functions flawlessly when the screen is on but after the screen goes dark and phone goes into standby, or locked, it appears the communication is lost between the pressing of the call button on the headset and the activation of the phone to initiate a call. The phone is unresponsive to the bluetooth headset, therefore a call can't be initiated. If a call is received when phone is in standby mode it can be answered with the headset as normal. Everything works as advertised except calls can't be initiated from the standby mode. Hope that helps.
Everything works on GingerBread but not on the ICS releases I have tried and I've tried nearly all of them. And this is after becoming a pest at Radio Shack using various headsets also. Would love to run one of these leaks but handsfree is a must for me and I'm sure others too.

Thank you, that is much clearer.

BTW I added your posts to the 3rd post. I am under the impression some "made" guys (Corleone can explain that reference if it isn't clear) periodically check in and see if bugs they don't have entered already have been reported.

After thinking about it a bit, there is a reasonable chance the problem is not in the voice command module per-se but in the bluetooth driver going into too aggressive of a sleep/standby and not passing events. Just throwing that out there as a possibility for whomever ends up looking at this bug.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sfhub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sfhub Ad-Free
11th May 2012, 06:44 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 864

More
Damn sf you are freaking fast these days! Thank you sir!

sj

Sent from my SGS2 Epic 4G Touch on AoKPm5 FE07 OS4.0.4 with dpi @ 128 using [email protected] 2.1 Pro
11th May 2012, 06:51 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:

Thank you, that is much clearer.

BTW I added your posts to the 3rd post. I am under the impression some "made" guys (Corleone can explain that reference if it isn't clear) periodically check in and see if bugs they don't have entered already are being reported.

No, thank you for all you do here and I really appreciate you responding so quickly.
11th May 2012, 06:52 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 125

More
turbo scroll still there?
11th May 2012, 06:54 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 455

More
Has anyone by any chance spotted the FE10 AOSP Kernel?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)