[ODIN][TAR] SPH-D710.FE10_CL543980 (FE10 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore - Rooted)

Search This thread

BrandoKC

May 15, 2010
Kansas City
Delete the data in Phone and Contacts Storage and then sync Haxsync again. Same thing happened to me and now I'm straight.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Thanks! Gave it a try but no luck. I'm going to do a fresh install and try from there. Has to have been something I did when I initially started restoring apps and syncing accounts last night.

Update: I tried one last time and finally got it to sync through most of my contacts before it crashed. Looks like I save the wipe for the next leak...ewww that sounds dirty.

Last edited:

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
Thank you, that is much clearer.

BTW I added your posts to the 3rd post. I am under the impression some "made" guys (Corleone can explain that reference if it isn't clear) periodically check in and see if bugs they don't have entered already have been reported.

After thinking about it a bit, there is a reasonable chance the problem is not in the voice command module per-se but in the bluetooth driver going into too aggressive of a sleep/standby and not passing events. Just throwing that out there as a possibility for whomever ends up looking at this bug.

Damn, 4 pages since my lunch break?! I know for a fact that Sammy pays attention to what we say...and sfhub's threads are the ones that are watched. How it works is if you think you see a persistent bug and a few people confirm seeing the same thing then a bug report can be submitted by the person that is testing for Samsung. So, if you really want to potentially help all of us out, flash the full version and install apps fresh. If you think you see something that's not right, make a detailed post explaining how it can be replicated.

P.S....if you are thinking of shooting me a PM and asking who it is, I will NEVER say. I can only imagine what his inbox would look like and I am happy I got to chat briefly with him this morning. It makes me want to really dive in and do some testing like I used to.

jay2o01

Jul 22, 2010
i can confirm that the fe07 theme posted previously didnt work on this build for me as well. phone wouldnt launch system forced closed etc. for what its worth, i upgraded using the no data and then odin'd the repacked kernel.

any suggestions to get it back are greatly appreciated :D

Last edited:

dtm_stretch

Dec 22, 2010
Albany
Damn, 4 pages since my lunch break?! I know for a fact that Sammy pays attention to what we say...and sfhub's threads are the ones that are watched. How it works is if you think you see a persistent bug and a few people confirm seeing the same thing then a bug report can be submitted by the person that is testing for Samsung. So, if you really want to potentially help all of us out, flash the full version and install apps fresh. If you think you see something that's not right, make a detailed post explaining how it can be replicated.

P.S....if you are thinking of shooting me a PM and asking who it is, I will NEVER say. I can only imagine what his inbox would look like and I am happy I got to chat briefly with him this morning. It makes me want to really dive in and do some testing like I used to.

I think JC missed the reference Sfhub was making....

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

darklavalizard

May 10, 2011
If I make a backup on my Cyanogenmod install, and then flash this, does the GPS work in this without having it previously working in GB or ICS before flashing? Or does one still need to revert back to GB, get a GPS lock, then flash to ICS to have it working?

aaron130

Mar 19, 2008
Massachusetts
Has anyone made an ics theme for this build yet? I know someone (I can't remember his name) made a minor theme yesterday and I'm assuming that won't work with this build correct?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

lloway21

Jul 6, 2009
Missouri
Hello, is it possible to get an ODIN version of the Repack - FE10 Kernel (Unlocked Recovery) ??? Please and thank you !!! Also, hoping for another theme soon :D

BigJPNut

Jan 21, 2011
Stii cant get downloaded apps to move to sdcard with any of your kernels except stock. I was able to move them with this kernel http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1629853....so I wonder what the difference is? Both this kernel and your plus kernel sound like they have the same features. I used this kernel to move them to sdcard, but if I flash back to your plus kernel afterwards, they are greyed out like they arent there.

RustedRoot

Dec 7, 2010
Tucson AZ
Amazfit
It was actually uploaded much earlier, I just got distracted answering questions so didn't post the notice. More importantly clearly there was not enough time elapsed for you to oxidize more Rust, Mr. Root. :) :) :)

I'm so oxidized already I don't know if there's any more metal to rust. In other words, I be older than dirt. You are one productive dude.:D:D

RainMotorsports

Dec 24, 2011
Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Google Nexus 5
I did see the second post...that's what made me pose that question. Which one is ODIN repack of unlocked kernel ???

b7) [CWM] Repack - FE10 Kernel (Unlocked Recovery) [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: f963df5db3e373bcb8e4fd74752cc731 / Size: 6,036,381]
b8) [CWM] Repack - FE10 Kernel (Plus) [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: 87f80098ad088c29752aac865d101f1b / Size: 6,021,012]
- Plus = unlocked recovery, initd, bootanim, usb-ms, adb-root

Those

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
Last edited:
Reactions: lloway21

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
Just curious...
If we can only test this rom after a full wipe, are all users going to need to wipe when they receive the OTA?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Well I was really referring to not restoring apps and data. People can set their phone up however they see fit. I have just found in the past when testing for a dev that you eliminate the possibility that restoring something caused the issue. It just cuts down on variables. For instance, say someone reports that camera is force closing. One of the first questions asked will be either did you restore anything or did you flash full version

As far as the OTA, I assume you will have to be on the last stock version and unrooted for it to work. I could be wrong though.

Reactions: Bigt2003

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
Stii cant get downloaded apps to move to sdcard with any of your kernels except stock. I was able to move them with this kernel http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1629853....so I wonder what the difference is? Both this kernel and your plus kernel sound like they have the same features. I used this kernel to move them to sdcard, but if I flash back to your plus kernel afterwards, they are greyed out like they arent there.
I am sure there is a difference, I'm just having trouble determining what the proper behavior is, as stock kernel from samsung and plus repack behave the same for me, meaning it tries to install to external SD (even though the UI makes it seem like it is installing to internal SD)

ie plus repack works the same way as stock kernel for me, but I'm not even sure if either of them are behaving properly because they are trying to install to external sd. Some people say that is what it does from samsung. Some people say it is supposed to install to internal sd. To add to the confusion the message from Samsung implies it is installing to internal SD, but in reality the files are being kept on external SD, for me, so I imagine for some others also.

Again, for me, on both stock kernel from samsung and plus repack, it won't move to SD unless I have an external SD in the phone. It gives an out of space error on ICS and no disk inserted on GB (or I might have the messages mixed up)

I will keep working on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigpeng

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks Denys Vlasenko/chris41g for busybox, ChainsDD for su, Steady Hawkin/Calkulin for FD02+CWM-Rogue(repack),
    qbking77 for video, id10terror for Odin 1-click suggestions, mavd5831, RainMotorSports, sponge66 for mirror(s)

You may have heard... the zerglings fought a noble battle against the samdroids and held their own for many battles, but were finally defeated on the EL13 battleground. Starting with EL13 the zergrush exploit is plugged. Do not fear, as the zerglings have enlisted their old ally Odin to fight the next battle for them.

This One-Click ODIN contains the STOCK FE10 Modem/Kernel/ROM for the E4GT.

The ONLY change was the addition of ROOT to the ROM. NOTHING else was changed. If you made no other changes, you WOULD be able to install an OTA patch update (based off of FE10) on top of this w/o issues.

This will NOT trigger the Yellow Triangle NOR will it increment the ODIN flash count.

This does NOT have the issue with the USB jig being disabled.

This is equivalent to using the Auto Root Package on a stock ROM. In fact, if you used that package to UNROOT (Option B) this ROM then it would become 100% stock. After flashing this all functions of that package will be functional.

There are two versions provided, a FULL Restore that resets your whole phone, similar to a factory restore, and a No Data Restore, which is the same, except it preserves your User Data. The NoData version is only suggested if you are upgrading or remaining at the same version.

attachment.php

Instructions - Video by qbking77 [ODIN One-Click / Install CWM]

0) Backup anything important and Disable any PINs
    This process will restore you to factory software. All your Android data will be reset.
    To be safe, it is best to archive your backup off your phone, ie on your PC or dropbox.

Note #1: Please DISABLE any PIN code you may have created to protect your phone. As a security measure, after the flash, Android will ask you for your PIN, if you have one enabled. It is simpler to have no PIN active. If you forgot your PIN then, after the factory restore, just enter the wrong PIN a few times and it will warn you. Enter the wrong PIN again and it will reset the filesystem.

1) Install Samsung USB/Android drivers (if necessary) [USB/Android]

2) Download the FE10 full restore One-Click self-extractor
    SPH-D710.FE10_CL543980_ROOTED-oc-sfx.exe [Mirror1 / Mirror2 / Mirror3] (RESET user data)
    [MD5: 7e1d799321b08a9de3b339e4ba354afc / Size: 308,214,201]

SPH-D710.FE10_CL543980_ROOTED_NODATA-oc-sfx.exe [Mirror1 / Mirror2 / Mirror3] (PRESERVE user data - do NOT use if downgrading versions)
    [MD5: 636794541f3f851024b0bcb0cf5e2386 / Size: 307,226,504]

Mac/Linux - Install 7-zip, then use it to unpack the individual ODIN components in Reference Section B (below). If Heimdall fails flashing all 3 files together, try doing them individually. Skip the remaining instructions that are windows specific (steps 3, 4, 6).

Android - Install ZArchiver, then use it to unpack the ODIN OneClick 7zip self-extractor file in this section (long press *-oc-sfx.exe, Open as archive, Odin-OC, select *-OneClick.exe, Extract). Use Mobile ODIN to Open File the resulting *-OneClick.exe file. Mobile ODIN issue - modem might not flash consistently. Skip the remaining instructions that are windows ODIN specific (steps 3, 4, 5, 6).

3) Extract the package
    double-click on the self-extractor file, specify the directory to extract to (instructions assume C:\)

4) Start ODIN One-Click
    Navigate to C:\Odin-OC
    Full: Double-click on SPH-D710.FE10_CL543980_ROOTED-OneClick.exe
    NoData: Double-click on SPH-D710.FE10_CL543980_ROOTED_NODATA-OneClick.exe

5) Place phone in ODIN download mode
    Code:
    [B][U]Method #1[/U][/B]
    Power down phone
    Wait for capacitative button [B]lights to turn off[/B]
    Simultaneously [b]Press and Hold [Power] [VolDn][/b] until confirmation screen appears
    Press [B][VolUp][/B] to enter Download mode
    Code:
    [B][U]Method #2[/U][/B]
    adb reboot download
    Code:
    Connect USB cable to PC if not already connected
    ODIN should show yellow COM port in 2nd column
    Note #1: If you do not see a yellow COM port, you may need to run the ODIN One-Click as Administrator and/or unplug/plugin the USB cable after starting ODIN One-Click.

6) Start ODIN flash process
    Press [Start]

7) Complete - PASS!
    When complete you should see a screen similar to what is shown at top of post
    Phone will automatically reboot
    Status should change to green PASS!

Boot process will be slightly longer than usual during which time you'll see the 4G logo screen.

If you want CWM use Option D in the Auto Root Package to install FD02+CWM-Rogue (you are already rooted so Option A is not necessary)

If you need to clear NVRAM/Sprint data login info, perform a ##72786# reset from the Dialer and enter MSL.
    Type getprop ril.MSL in adb shell or terminal to retrieve your MSL.

For NoData install:
    - If you are getting random force closes, wipe cache/dalvik-cache
    - If you have troubles with Android Market, clear data from
    menu->applications->all->market->clear data
    - If you have troubles booting into Android, perform factory reset in ICS using the ODIN OneClick Factory Reset tool. Do NOT perform factory resets using stock recovery or privacy->reset, at least until you read about the EMMC superbrick/lockup bug and understand what the trigger points are and what you are exposing yourself to.
    Reference Section
    A) Resources
    a1) tar.md5 versions of One-Click (for regular ODIN):
    SPH-D710.FE10_CL543980_ROOTED-sfx.exe [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: 0a41fa49c564226a4e5f3a03912d76ea / Size: 307,978,353]
    SPH-D710.FE10_CL543980_ROOTED_NODATA-sfx.exe [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: 4b5c521fccf7a1047d8c3d6e38fadbe7 / Size: 306,967,578]

B) (Individual) STOCK FE10 ODIN/CWM Components
    b0) Odin3 v1.85 (windows)
    - these are ODIN tar.md5 files bundled in a 7-zip self-extractor
    - ONLY use PDA Button for any of the following
    - Windows - Double-click on the self-extractor and choose your ODIN directory
    - Mac/Linux - Use 7-zip to extract
    b1) [ODIN] FE10 Modem [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: 40ee9e8ab22136a08c462bdec1a6dfce / Size: 4,096,431]
    b2) [ODIN] FE10 Kernel [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: 721ac0ca9ccbb829d687d90e614820f0 / Size: 6,078,008]
    b3) [ODIN] FE10 ROM [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: f9dafb95d40ca58990ec4ccda72dbf4d / Size: 289,440,292]
    b4) [ODIN] FE10 ROM + root [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: dd05d6c52720baa3dac647be77296a7d / Size: 289,462,397]
    b5) [CWM] FE10 Modem [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: f85ee23dd7bb0d06f4a61c8e3361b6d9 / Size: 5,133,553]
    b6) [CWM] FE10 Kernel [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: 5cd731841d6fef67bdc5631d8f72f68e / Size: 6,035,703]
    b7) [CWM] Repack - FE10 Kernel (Unlocked Recovery) [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: f963df5db3e373bcb8e4fd74752cc731 / Size: 6,036,381]
    b8) [CWM] Repack - FE10 Kernel (Plus) [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: 87f80098ad088c29752aac865d101f1b / Size: 6,021,012]
    - Plus = unlocked recovery, initd, bootanim, usb-ms, adb-root

C) FAQ
    c1) Windows tells me "Unrecognized device (code 42)" and ODIN OC doesn't see my phone
    c2) What happened to USB Storage in ICS, how do I get the old GB behavior back?
    c3) How do I run Auto Root, ODIN OneClick, or ODIN on Mac?
    c4) What about the notification bug?
    c5) How do I get Sprint TV to work?
    c6) How do I get wifi tethering for ICS ROMs?
    c7) How do I enable the stock ICS launcher instead of TouchWiz?
    c8) How do I do screen captures in ICS?
    c9) How come the wallpaper doesn't scroll?
    c10) How do I resolve Contacts app Force Closing?
    c11) How do I access the ##DEBUG# menu?
    CWM update.zip for FE10 Modem and Kernel are in 2nd post. ODIN .tar.md5 7zip self-extractor of repack is here.

Scrolling sensitivity does not appear to have changed from FE07. Some people will like it, some will hate it.

Summary of Comments

Chrome Stutter-Scroll - Present/Improved
    MeWarning reports Chrome works better but stutter scroll is still there. Sometimes it goes away.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25957988#post25957988

Notification Light Bug - Still Present
    The notification light does not blink while charging, thanks taylortr:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25958280#post25958280

Voice Command/VAD call initiation over bluetooth with screen off doesn't work - Present
    This is a regression from EL29 present in all ICS releases - thanks grncherry
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25971714#post25971714
    More detailed report - also from grncherry
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25973833#post25973833
    If you guys want ICS theme with this rom I did extract theme from my rom.
    here are odexed and deodexed version of the theme:
    http://d-h.st/hVP odexed version.
    http://d-h.st/tQd Deodexed version.
    This has been made for FE10 and I've used FE10 apps/framework.
    Screen shots are same is in my roms.
    Only difference is from what jase33 made for FE07 is pull down completely transparent including icons background for power widgets and battery has 1% increment icons.
    At the risk of opening a can of hornets (to mix a metaphor) any plans for a repacked unlocked/plus kernel?
    Ok, Unlocked and Plus FE10 repacks have been uploaded and are in the 2nd post (#B7/#B8)

The .tar.md5 (7zip self-extractors) are here [Unlocked / Plus]

I did spend some time working through the sdcard issues some people have reported. I was able to move apps to SD card and back as well as run apps using the Plus kernel while they were on SD. Both apps installed on stock kernel and moved to SD while on stock kernel and apps installed on Plus and moved while on Plus were able to run while using Plus. However, that is how it was for me on FE07 also.

attachment.php

So there probably still is a problem because enough people are reporting it, but I haven't been able to put together all the pieces to reproduce it yet.

I've been getting conflicting reports on whether "Move to SD card" is supposed to use internal or external SD card. In my case even though it reports "USB Storage", it is actually using external storage. There is a hidden .android_secure directory on the external SD where the app is moved.

I asked in some other posts what the proper behavior should be. Some people said internal and some people said it tells you internal, but it is really external.

I'll try to look further into this but if someone has some clarification they can provide, hopefully that'll make it easier to figure out what is going on.