[ROM][MIUI] CosmicUI v0.6.01.125 (MIUI v2.4.20 on CM7-FXP125) (Stopped)

Search This thread

marksee

Jul 30, 2011
los angeles
Testing this rom out today, Can you upload the add on Froyo Music play so that this rom is complete? without that music player, this rom is like a warm sunset without beer.

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I would try this on Monday cuz I have to work on Saturday and Sunday, 12 hours each day(yeah yeah, it is mother's day)
(Other MIUI roms give strange behaviors )

Til now, all I have learnt is to do some minor mods on build.prop, gps.conf, vdd levels and swap2sys partition

I think this rom will be very smooth with swap2sys with swapiness zero (in

I am not a fan of using swap on the system partition, because it will wear out the internal flash quicker... once you start getting dirty/bad sectors on NAND the phone is pretty much dead =\

Trying your rom. Getting Android Process acore stop all the time.
I am on unlocked boot loader.
2.6.29 fxp kernel

Try using cKernel. I have not tested native FXP kernel. I have not had any FC's at all so you did something wrong, try reflashing everything. I will not be answering questions like this from now on, no offense but it works fine for me and many others so it's not my problem - there is nothing I can do if you don't give me a logcat.

How does the battery life seem to be on this ROM?

Pretty darn good to me. Running ScavagedZen governor with max CPU at 1152.

yep me too...and also changed theme and keeps fc ...I'll let it settle for a day or so and see if there's any difference... :)

I use Suave HD theme and it all works 100% for me, no errors at all. Apart from Bootanimation themes not working but that's a listed known issue.

I installed this rom today and everything has been great so far, everything has been working. However, I just tried to open an email with Gmail and i got a reboot. That is the first one and I have been on the phone non stop for about 3 hours.

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Also, when I take a screenshot it makes the sound but I cant find it saved anywhere?

I'll look into the Gmail issue, thanks for the report. Re: screenshots, what app are you using? I use AndroSS and it works very well. It puts the screenshots into the /sdcard/screenshots directory.

any screenshots of this rom?

I might add some later, but it looks the same as MIUI.

Re: Froyo Music, no I won't add it. Adding more than one music player can cause issues and I prefer the MIUI Music Player (I won't remove it). What's so good about Froyo Music anyway? Just install "Music Mod (Froyo Only)" from the Market, it works fine I am using it right now.

I can confirm that my VM/swapping values are too lenient. If you have lags after a while, the easiest way to solve it is to either (1) Hold Home to bring up Switcher and press "App Killer", or more permanent solutions (2) Use RAM Manager Pro and use preset "Default (More multitasking) or (3) Use ROM Manager (Pro?) and set Auto Memory Manager preset to "Mild". Perhaps, if you completely disable compcache it will also eliminate the lag buildup (but you'll have less free RAM). Not sure.

I will do more tests and fine-tune the VM control values for next release. *Sigh* the tiny RAM of the X10 is the only major flaw of this old thing...

EDIT: This ROM is for unlocked bootloader because you NEED a recent FXP kernel, I built this on kCernel v5. If you use any other dodgy method you're on your own and probably will have problems. So don't complain to me if you do, I made these warnings in that big red text about it....

Last edited:

mine420

Jan 27, 2011
Nice rom seems like a nice rom for the typical users cant find any real issues with it. Only issued I had found really was miui extended settings break the themes changing some of the text colors of the battery,clock,carrier. But without mod pack every thing seems to work fine. Thanks for your time and effort into all the things you have done here it is very nice of you to want to share the things you do in your free time with others.

marksee

Jul 30, 2011
los angeles
Hi thanks Cosmic, i installed the Music Mod app from market and its working excellent. The only issue i have with the default miui player is that it is unable to import music files from WMP.
For Music Mod, i can copy and paste playlists from the computer to the phone, and Music Mod picks up the playlists. Although it takes 1 minute to open folder of playlists, copy files and paste the playlist file, it's still worth it as it saves playlists. Default music player on miui does not support this and we have to build playlists ofrom start, Even though i did this once, it just randomly decided one day that i did not want those playlists anymore and the were lost :(

So this is why i prefer Music Mod over native MIUI music player :) Great Rom, ive been running it all day.

GPS IS AWESOME! FIX IN LESS THAN 3 SECONDS!! I am on ATnT in Los angeles area, and it's working excellent! Best GPS fix on ANY rom i have ever seen! (sorry for the caps)

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Nice rom seems like a nice rom for the typical users cant find any real issues with it. Only issued I had found really was miui extended settings break the themes changing some of the text colors of the battery,clock,carrier. But without mod pack every thing seems to work fine. Thanks for your time and effort into all the things you have done here it is very nice of you to want to share the things you do in your free time with others.

Thanks. This is how Extended Settings works, it "over-rides" the colors specified by the theme. Nothing I can do about it I'm afraid. If I was skilled in smali I would make a "lite settings" mod that completely removes the options for colors to prevent this, but I don't know how (and don't have the spare time to learn... we will see though ;) maybe one day)

Hi thanks Cosmic, i installed the Music Mod app from market and its working excellent. The only issue i have with the default miui player is that it is unable to import music files from WMP.
For Music Mod, i can copy and paste playlists from the computer to the phone, and Music Mod picks up the playlists. Although it takes 1 minute to open folder of playlists, copy files and paste the playlist file, it's still worth it as it saves playlists. Default music player on miui does not support this and we have to build playlists ofrom start, Even though i did this once, it just randomly decided one day that i did not want those playlists anymore and the were lost :(

Ah fair enough. I myself am a fan of Winamp Pro, nothing else I know of supports reading ReplayGain tags. I would add a FAQ section that mentions "Music Mod (Froyo Only)" but nobody ever reads those things...

GPS IS AWESOME! FIX IN LESS THAN 3 SECONDS!! I am on ATnT in Los angeles area, and it's working excellent! Best GPS fix on ANY rom i have ever seen! (sorry for the caps)

Haha... I thought so too! It uses the XTRA server which is newer technology compared to NTP servers, it works well when it does but some countries providers seem to not allow it for some silly reason. Pretty sure every provider in US, UK and Australia do though.

M

milad407

Been testing rom for a couple of hours, it is great! Only problem is with ram but that's really not because of your rom... And I was wondering if people can't change the bootanimation manually in rootexplorer?

Sent from my X10i using xda premium

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Been testing rom for a couple of hours, it is great! Only problem is with ram but that's really not because of your rom... And I was wondering if people can't change the bootanimation manually in rootexplorer?

Sent from my X10i using xda premium

The RAM situation will be a progressive effort. The bootanimation.zip replacement method should work, I don't see why not since the bootanimation binary is always selecting the one in /system/media/bootanimation.zip for some reason...

mine420

Jan 27, 2011
Thanks. This is how Extended Settings works, it "over-rides" the colors specified by the theme. Nothing I can do about it I'm afraid. If I was skilled in smali I would make a "lite settings" mod that completely removes the options for colors to prevent this, but I don't know how (and don't have the spare time to learn... we will see though ;) maybe one day)[/QOUTE]

Well if possible could you get a modpack without extended settings since even once uninstalled the settings do not go back to normal even the program was never used?

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
Hey Dan, I'll try your rom. Only one tip/question/whateveryoulike:
add this init.d script to your rom. I have added it directly into the zip before installing the rom. This skript searchs for a ext partition on the sdcard and mounts it as sd-ext.

Simple how-to:
go to cwm or use rommanager and partition the sdcard (normal size is 1gb). Then restart your phone, connect it to the pc and type in a cmd window:
Code:
adb shell
su
a2sd install
wait until it finishs, it will reboot automaticially. After reboot you'll have all your apps on the sdcard ext partition you made. If you look under storage in the settings you can see how much space is used/left on your a2sd+.
Make a backup of your sdcard before you partition it, the partitioning will erase all data on the sdcard!!

L

Last edited:

Arona67

Apr 21, 2012
Amlash
wooo man , amazing , you done it on best . i tested this amazing ROM and i should say it's so Lighter and Faster and more stable with Less bugs than the Miui v7.2 . it's really a perfect job Dan , i mean it .

i think it's just enough at speed and stability just try to make it Full support for apps and games like Cm7.2 . still Miui has a big problem on supporting games and some apps , like Huawei File Manager , when you open this app all the app graphical Tabs have broken . and on the games Like dead space that will jump out of the game when is on first game Load page . but this problem is for every Miui rom and i hope there is a way to solve this Unsporting issue .

cjey

Jul 6, 2009
Kathmandu
I m fan of MIUI roms but this one like most due to the battery. Amazingly my battery showing 84% after the regular use of 8 hrs with wifi. what the ........ Is something wrong??

regds,
cjey

Ultimategeppie

Jan 7, 2011
Apeldoorn
I always was a fan of TripnMiUI (one of the first with MiUI on x10). But since he stopped developing for the X10 i stopped using MiUI.
  • I tried Oodie which was a good follow up!
  • I tried M&M, but that one didn't match Trip's ROMs.
  • Now I'm using ChampSwimmer Xperia S port and I'm very pleased with that one. However it ain't MiUI.

From what i've read here, it seems this ROM is a good MiUI and i like your approach: Tweaks can only be good if you make them for the x10. Don't use any other tweaks. I'm glad you're also understanding this basic principle (looks like my motto: Know how the system works and the system works for you!)

So you got me. One of these days I'll backup Champ's S port and give it go.

[EDIT] I can't wait... :)
Just downloaded the ROM and kCernel-fxpkang-v5-1229 (with wifi).
Already backing up current ROM.
Where's my USB cable?!?

Kind regards!
UltimateGeppie
Netherlands

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is no longer being developed, I have moved on to the Xperia Play. I will help as much as I can whenever I can.

Introduction

This is seriously the fastest X10 MIUI I have ever used after installing my many background apps for gaming, working, typing, browsing, everything. This is a production of my own kitchen and also seems to be 100% stable and very compatible in all my extensive tests. It is built upon FXP and MIUI UK's build of 2.4.20 (for the Incredible S). I am taking the time to research and test every small tweak out there for the X10 and hope to create a perfect stock-like MIUI ROM, which I think I have done - but I'll let you decide ;)

Features:

- Supports many languages, including Right-To-Left
    - Exclusive tweaks specific to the CosmicUI and the X10i (very snappy with multitasking)
    - Uses WebKit Core and DalvikVM from FXP, providing the fastest MIUI ROM for X10 yet
    - Aroma graphical installer with various options to suit your needs
    - Native screenshot working with Menu + VolDown key
    - Mi Button option to remap camera key
    - "Performance" menu, based on CM7 Performance Menu, for setting CPU and CompCache settings
    - Aroma Installer for customizing the install

Existing bugs/issues:

- Native Wifi Tether not working. Get "Wifi Tether" from Play Store, it works perfectly.
    - Bootanimation Themes don't work
    ^ You can use standard method of replacing /system/media/bootanimation.zip with a root explorer or e.g. ROM Toolbox Pro
    - Poor FPS when recording video
    ^ This is an issue with FXP-CM7. Don't know if this will ever be fixed since everyone is working on CM9 now.
    - Pinch-zoom in MIUI Browser is broken, a side-effect of the FXP rendering engine (which is needed for the great speed).
    ^ You can still double-tap to zoom, I use Opera Mobile myself usually (seems faster).
    Changelog:

v0.6.02.125
    -----------

- Reverted from Oodie's MIUI Camera to original FXP-CM7 one, MIUI Camera breaks other camera apps and code scanners.
    - Updated priority tweaks in an attempt to prevent music stuttering yet keep call lag to a minimum

v0.6.01.125
    -----------

- Base updated to FXP-CM7-125, the last CM7-FXP release for X10 :(
    - RTL language support integrated, should work well.
    - Multilanguage support. Some will fallback to English (should, let me know if it's Chinese) because the source translations were missing. If you want to report a missing translation, please help by finding another MIUI ROM which already has them.
    - All APK/JAR files PNG optimized, zip-aligned and recompressed. Performance and memory improvements.
    - Now using MIUI v1.x Camera, works well (credits to Oodie)
    - Updated custom scripts/mods to work with Custom MTD in latest kCernel-CosmicMod-v3 kernel
    - Fixed FC's on reboot bug from mod scripts
    - Automatic-reboot implemented in mod scripts, no need for manual reboots anymore.
    - New kernel randomly fixes Aroma pixel-shift issue. Strange one that bug was.
    - Phone/Dialer app given high priority tweak, should help with call lag
    - Attempted Native Wifi Tether fix (incomplete, different error now)

v0.5.01.124
    -----------

- Base updated to FXP-CM7-124
    - Finished 'Customize' option in Aroma installer, lets users change settings without reinstalling the ROM.
    - Added some things to Elite install (and Elite Customization), such as "VM Profiles".
    - Removed Wifi Tether from Aroma installer, get it from Play Store instead
    ^ I could not figure out how to fix native Wifi Tether, hopefully someone else can. Tip: Maybe something to do with the net code in framework.
    - Changed kernel from original FXP to championswimmers' kCernel v01 (new versions).
    ^ Removed bootmanager and set recovery to Team UtterChaos Touch Recovery, it's more stable than FXP CWM Recovery
    - Replaced MIUI Camera with CM7 Camera, I am not skilled enough to fix MIUI Camera for X10
    - Reverted DalvikVM to original MIUI one, FXP's provided no visible benefits
    ^ Restored "reserveExternalMemory" functions in Gallery and Launcher2, might help battery life/performance (tested: nope)
    - Reverted Vending.apk to original Market, integrating newest Play Store was causing problems (we should let it update)
    - Updated CM7 WebKit/Net code injections to FXP-124
    - Added "Launcher Mod" as a seperate option in Installer (in Customize, scroll-down)

v0.4.01.122
    -----------

- Base updated to FXP-CM7-122
    - Patched in FXP's WebKit Core and DalvikVM, MASSIVE performance and stability improvements :D
    ^ Please keep those bug reports coming, some internet functions may be broken (Facebook and Play Store work 100% in my tests)
    - Fixed positioning and orientation (compass apps)
    - Camera downgraded to a version with autofocus and location working 100%
    ^ Thanks to MongooseHelix, source: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15307536&postcount=167
    - New CosmicUI bootanimation, selectable in new Aroma installer
    - New kernel based on FXP-122, updated CWM-based Recovery binary
    - Automatic time/date update fixed (changed NTP server to pool.ntp.org)
    - Changed default theme to Suave HD by collins521 and some others, source @ http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1330577
    ^ With permission of course. Using Light Version since it's more compatible. Original MIUI theme still included (just renamed).
    - Updated Timezone/DST info to version 2012b (was 2010k)
    - Updated to Google Play Store v3.5.19
    - Added Aroma Installer with user-selectable options and such
    - Integrated the MIUI Extended Settings with the ROM, selectable within Aroma customization

v0.3.01.121
    -----------

- CM7 base updated to FXP-121
    - MIUI Music downgraded to v1.4.22, pretty much identical to newest but with the buggy equalizer removed.
    - Fixed native Screenshot
    - Added "Mi Button" option under Settings > System > Buttons for remapping the Camera key
    - Removed "Dock" from settings (useless)
    - Changed default bootanimation (theming still not working for some reason, manually replace media/bootanimation.zip for now)
    - Tweaked Dalvik VM (now much faster and more free memory)
    ^ Reverted some VM/swap values to CM7/FXP defaults (use an app like RAM Manager Pro if you want to tweak VM values)
    - Replaced some libraries and binaries with FXP ones (seems to help stability and performance)
    - Updated modded MIUI File Explorer to v2.3.7.32 (thanks again apooonet)
    - "Allow purging of assets" in Performance settings enabled by default (helps RAM and lagging)
    - Spare Parts, modified Launcher, Volume+ and 4-way reboot added to system ROM (Modpack no longer required for this)
    ^ Install the modpack now only if you want "MIUI Control Panel" and understand that it can cause issues for some users
    - Updated install script with some helpful text and a cache format

v0.2.02.119
    ----------

- Auto HW-LED fix implemented (requires one reboot from fresh install)
    - Capability (permissions) fixes
    - Updated GPS settings (XTRA Server). My locks are now accurate to 3m! (was 10m)
    - Gmail removed (I use K-9 Mail myself, get it from the Play Store if you want it)
    - Enabled 16-bit transparency as default (fix scrolling lag)
    - Changed max events per second of WindowsEvents to 26 (anything higher starts causing process saturation and decreases touch response).
    - Moved swapping values to sysctrl configuration file so init.d scripts not made for low memory devices don't mess with them

v0.2.01.119
    ----------

- Additional stability fixes
    - Replaced Torch with one from CM7, forced background to flat black color
    ^ Holding Home on lockscreen works yay =)
    - Fixed USB Mounting
    - Fixed Camera flash (video recording still slow as crap)
    - Added a new offline-charging animation in the style of "Token icons", I really hate that colored candy crap See the credits for source!
    - Replaced stock File Manager with the "Modified and Extended File Manager". See credits for link! Current version = v2.3.7.31

v0.2.00.119
    ----------

- Changed base to Incredible S (Defy's Texus Instruments chipset is too obscure to "fix")
    - Performance and memory fixes
    - Introduced compcache and swapping values that actually works well (unlike other MIUI's for X10)
    ^ Feel free to disable via Performance settings, but with a 1GHz CPU but tiny RAM I think that's a silly thing to do
    - Fixed Wifi driver (custom FXP-based kernel with seperate Wifi modules required)
    - Added "Performance" option under Settings > System for changing CPU settings and Compcache
    ^ Was first used in M&M Team MIUI v7. Thanks to Mao (M&M Team) for the custom icon
    ^ It is STRONGLY recommended to leave Compcache enabled for multitasking. P.S. Go Launcher sucks on RAM like a leech, if you want a sexy MIUI-like launcher with more features and an app draw I suggest QQ Launcher (it's what I use and it's top-stuff!)

v0.1.00.119
    ----------

- Initial test version
    - Based on FXP119 and MIUI UK's v2.4.20 for the Motorola Defy (since it has an identical resolution)
    Credits:

FreeXperia Team
    -For bringing Cyanogenmod to our lovely grandfather Android device :)

Xaomi
    -For creating such an awesome ROM I (and probably you) have grown to love

championswimmer
    -For his great kernel tools and kCernel

Maiko from M&M Team
    -A lot of advice and tips for MIUI kanging

Wolfbreak
    -As above, creating good MIUI ROM's and helping the XDA scene out. Also uses a couple of tweaks he's researched.

Oodie
    -As above, also his research helped me fix a few WLOD's

bubel88 (at deviantart)
    -for base "Token Battery" design of the new offline charging animation, slightly modified by me

apooonet
    -For the Modified and Extended MiUI File Explorer
    -See http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1523691 for original thread

Kunon & Acid
    -For continued updates on the Allstars Modpack for MIUI
    -See http://forum.android.com.pl/f381/mod-miui-gb-2-3-7-modyfikacje-i-skrypty-150909/ for original thread (Polish)

aZuZu
    -For creating the awesome lib dependency check tool (saved me having to examine lib files manually)

Lee-Xai
    -Default wallpaper "A small step"

???
    -If I forgot you, please let me know what work I used of yours! Sorry :(
    Installation:

0) Factory Reset recommended if upgrading to v0.6.x
    1)
    Flash baseband .71 if required (for X10i, this ROM is not tested on X10a)
    2) Flash the kCernel CosmicMod (recommended), which is based on kCernel_v01 with 730MB on /data and OC capability, or alternatively use any FXP-based kernel (for advanced users), or the old one from 0.4 if you don't want a bigger /data partition for some reason (check my Mediafire folder). Wifi modules flash not needed. Note - CosmicUI kernel is based on kCernel, all credits go to champ.
    3) Download the ROM CosmicUI-vx.x.xx.xxx ZIP (see newest version in "Downloads" below) and install in Recovery. Highly recommended to perform a Factory Reset. Also install any hotfixes after (you can reboot if you want, doesn't matter).
    4) When the ROM loads, it will automatically reboot once/twice (depending on what customizations you chose).
    5) If you get stuck at kernel logo after the install, repeat everything from step 1 again. Sometimes the X10 gets a bad flash.

Note: Do NOT use the old v0.3 Modpack ZIP with the new versions! v0.4 onwards use the graphical Aroma Installer that allows you to chose mods there.

Note 2: The new kernel uses Touch Recovery y DoomLord/Team UtterChaos. If you made Nandroid backups with FXP CWR on previous versions, it is 100% compatible with them. If you still want CWR and/or Bootmanager, use champs' original kCernel.

Downloads:
    DO NOT MIRROR. If I find mirrors in Google I will remove this ROM from the public! An honest thank you to the various Middle-Eastern and Asian forums for linking to this original thread :)

Browse my folder:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ksvtupinjw8nd

CosmicUI v0.6.01.125:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?koyq8lbo7q91czl
    CosmicUI v0.6.02.125 hotfix:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6r6zgmttmqk07g1

If you are updating from v0.5 to v0.6 you may need to perform a Factory Reset to fix some things. At the very least, do a "Clear Data" for any app that FC's or performs strangely after update. Please do NOT report bugs if you have not done a Factory Reset in Recovery!

Screenshots:

(These are from the old v0.3, v0.4 onwards has a new default theme in the style of screenshot 6 and 7)
    Description of each, in order -

01 - Desktop
    02 - Settings > System > Performance menu
    03 - Showing the new "Mi Button" option for remapping the Camera key (personally I like to have it set to MultiTasking Pro)
    04 - Auto-Brightness settings disabled because it doesn't exist on the X10, and a reminder to reboot
    05 - Music player (working 100% now, Equalizer removed completely but fade working)
    06 - My personal (heavy) desktop setup. QQ Launcher, Beautiful Widgets, Minimalistic Text, Wifi Manager, and the shortcut icons is a widget from Folder Organizer (it allows smaller grid size than stock launcher icons, and resizes icons better quality than the Multicon Widget).
    07 - Quadrant Benchmark with a number that doesn't really mean much... try the ROM yourself for the real feel ;)
    The main gripes i have with this rom are the lag on aswering calls and low free space at my internal memory. Not sure if it's only me though. Rom is very fast and responsive and i'm finding no reasons to switch now, unless ICS finally gets a release candidate.

yeah the call-lag bugs me too, it's not as bad as some other ROM's but it's still laggy. A possible solution is to use the "CM7 Default" VM preset in elite install, I can't test it right now as my X10 is not my main calling phone. Regardless, I will create a script to give the phone app maximum priority in next version.

Lack of internal space is, believe it - resolved. I have successfully created a custom kernel that gives /data 700MB (taking space from /cache and /system). Behold the screenshot as proof in the attachments :laugh:

I still need to compile wifi module and possibly make some other changes, since it's based directly on FXP-125 kernel (I think? whatever it at https://github.com/freexperia/semc-kernel-msm7x27/ - doesn't look like it's been updated in four months) I need to ask champ if I can use some of his mods in this kernel too. I also need to create a script to bind-mount /cache/download to /data/download-cache (so we can download big apps from market again) CM7/FXP already has a script that uses /data as market download cache if the cache partition is too small (cache is only 8MB in this kernel heh).

I'm pretty happy with myself now :) I will probably post the new kernel as a separate thread before CosmicUI 0.6 is finished so keep on the look-out for the next few days (maybe early next week).
    New version up, changelog in the OT. Give it a go ;)
    While trying this ROM, I noticed that the camera doesn't focus properly. It just shots and I mostly end up with a badly focused photos. So, I tried FXP 121 itself and the camera seems to work without any issue. I then tried this:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1670491

and there also no problem.

Just sharing ...

Hmm, yet another MIUI ROM for the X10.... sure wish some of the others would agree to work together :(

Lewa OS might look like MIUI but it appears to be entirely different. It's more like a natural CM7-based ROM, similar to what MIUI was in early days. Sadly I can't compare the Lewa camera to MIUI because if you haven't noticed the Lewa camera has a lot less features than MIUI.

EDIT: Next release might not be for a week or so, I am optimizing my build environment and kitchen (which I will eventually release, so hopefully others can help with the ROM) and also building a hierarchical chart of all the components because I am frustrated with lib juggling. Hopefully we will get the autofocus, slow dalvik and superuser elevation lags/bugs fixed with the next update.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2