179 19 22528 mmcblk0p19
179 20 2048 mmcblk0p20
[email protected]:/ # busybox mkfs.vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p14
mkfs.vfat: lseek: Value too large for defined data type
11th May 2012, 07:07 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 188

More
I was finally able to reformat the sd partition using the instructions in the thread I shared earlier. I had to push another version of busybox to data/local/tmp, change permissions and run the mkfs.vfat to get it to work. Thanks to those that gave suggestions back in business!
The Following User Says Thank You to kchino For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kchino Ad-Free
12th May 2012, 01:18 AM |#13  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 46

More
try doing a factory reset in the bootloader. worked for me when nothing else would after my sd got corrupted and would not mount to PC. corruption in my case occurred by leaving the charger connected during an OTA.

Edit : sorry I see you have already sorted it !
The Following User Says Thank You to wineds For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wineds Ad-Free
Packer2058
12th May 2012, 09:15 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchino

I was finally able to reformat the sd partition using the instructions in the thread I shared earlier. I had to push another version of busybox to data/local/tmp, change permissions and run the mkfs.vfat to get it to work. Thanks to those that gave suggestions back in business!

Hey friend stuck in the same situation as you. Any help would be appreciated. Im lost as to how you took the steps to get your phone to mount again. Which busybox did u use and how did you push that script?!
12th May 2012, 09:42 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I was hoping that would be my last resort. I found this thread from the flyer forum.

Only problem is I don't know which partition points to the sd.

Someone with a working operation system on a flyer was able to format the sd from the phone using busybox using this command:

mkfs.vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p33

Maybe a dev with knowledge of the filesystem could point me to where the the sd partition lives under block and I could try the same thing?

Hey Packer, follow the steps in the thread I posted here. The SD partition for the HOX is /dev/block/mmcblk0p14 btw. It worked perfectly for me.
Packer2058
13th May 2012, 04:49 AM |#16  

More
NOOB Status
Quote:

Hey Packer, follow the steps in the thread I posted here. The SD partition for the HOX is /dev/block/mmcblk0p14 btw. It worked perfectly for me.

Brother please help I am a noob. What steps to take and how to go about this. I am very desperate and unlocked phone so no warranty. Idk how to enter that code and where. Or what to do with the /dev/block/mmcblk0p14 :/ any help would be appreciated pls?
13th May 2012, 06:07 AM |#17  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer2058

Brother please help I am a noob. What steps to take and how to go about this. I am very desperate and unlocked phone so no warranty. Idk how to enter that code and where. Or what to do with the /dev/block/mmcblk0p14 :/ any help would be appreciated pls?

Okay, no problem...

Look at this thread and make sure you have downloaded the sdk or another copy of adb and for mac. ADB and fastboot are the command line programs, you are going to use ADB to fix your phone. Look at this thread so you can use ADB and fastboot and are familiar with the commands you're gonna need to use.

Download the version of busybox listed below, unzip it and also put this in the folder with ADB before you get started. Quotes below are just used for emphasis.

1. Go into your fastboot/adb folder on your mac, you should see the file "adb" in the folder. You may need to put a "./" in front of your commands i.e. ./adb devices, or ./adb push to actually execute them... Connect your HOX to your mac with USB.

2. Open a terminal window, make sure that your term session is in the same folder that contains your adb files. You can type "ls" <enter> and you should see the adb files and any other SDK files listed. If not, in mac you can drag the icon from the the top of the finder window into your terminal and it will change to the appropriate directory for you.

3. Type ./adb devices <enter>. It should output the serial of your phone. If you don't see anything listed after ./adb devices command you probably are in wrong folder. When you see confirmation of you serial, move on...

4. The following steps are attributed to the user globatron (Thanks!) who I found the fix from on the flyer forums:

You're going to type or copy and paste the following commands to check and then reformat the partition.

./adb push busybox /data/local/tmp - (you should see okay at the end of the dialogue) This will move the busybox file to your phone needed to format.

Next type:

./adb shell - (then type su which will give you superuser if you don't have it already) your command prompt will change from the "$" to "#" don't type these.

$ su

Now just to check that the partition is still there type:

#cat /proc/partitions (you should see a list of 20 partitions, most importantly is this one)

179 14 26476544 mmcblk0p14

If you see the above line after you do your cat command go to the next steps.

Type the following or just copy and paste without the #:

# chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/busybox
# /data/local/tmp/busybox mkfs.vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p14

That should do it. Disconnect from your computer and reboot.
Attached Files
File Type: zip busybox.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.06 MB, 1592 views)
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to kchino For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kchino Ad-Free
Packer2058
14th May 2012, 02:42 AM |#18  

More
THANK YOU SO FREAKING MUCH! I dont know how else to thank you! You gave my device new life, and gave me some peace of mind. I was close to trying to replace my phone; File a Claim and fulfill my warranty from SquareTrade. You have helped me so much my friend. Thank you once again. May karma be in your favor!
14th May 2012, 04:48 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer2058

THANK YOU SO FREAKING MUCH! I dont know how else to thank you! You gave my device new life, and gave me some peace of mind. I was close to trying to replace my phone; File a Claim and fulfill my warranty from SquareTrade. You have helped me so much my friend. Thank you once again. May karma be in your favor!

Cool, Glad it worked out. Thanks for the karma!
The Following User Says Thank You to kchino For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kchino Ad-Free
26th May 2012, 09:54 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Okay, no problem...

Look at this thread and make sure you have downloaded the sdk or another copy of adb and for mac. ADB and fastboot are the command line programs, you are going to use ADB to fix your phone. Look at this thread so you can use ADB and fastboot and are familiar with the commands you're gonna need to use.

Download the version of busybox listed below, unzip it and also put this in the folder with ADB before you get started. Quotes below are just used for emphasis.

1. Go into your fastboot/adb folder on your mac, you should see the file "adb" in the folder. You may need to put a "./" in front of your commands i.e. ./adb devices, or ./adb push to actually execute them... Connect your HOX to your mac with USB.

2. Open a terminal window, make sure that your term session is in the same folder that contains your adb files. You can type "ls" <enter> and you should see the adb files and any other SDK files listed. If not, in mac you can drag the icon from the the top of the finder window into your terminal and it will change to the appropriate directory for you.

3. Type ./adb devices <enter>. It should output the serial of your phone. If you don't see anything listed after ./adb devices command you probably are in wrong folder. When you see confirmation of you serial, move on...

4. The following steps are attributed to the user globatron (Thanks!) who I found the fix from on the flyer forums:

You're going to type or copy and paste the following commands to check and then reformat the partition.

./adb push busybox /data/local/tmp - (you should see okay at the end of the dialogue) This will move the busybox file to your phone needed to format.

Next type:

./adb shell - (then type su which will give you superuser if you don't have it already) your command prompt will change from the "$" to "#" don't type these.

$ su

Now just to check that the partition is still there type:

#cat /proc/partitions (you should see a list of 20 partitions, most importantly is this one)

179 14 26476544 mmcblk0p14

If you see the above line after you do your cat command go to the next steps.

Type the following or just copy and paste without the #:

That should do it. Disconnect from your computer and reboot.

Hello

thank you for your instructions i have followed it exactly and i have an issue running these commands

it says not found. I have tried all different things and could not get his to work. What does the chmod 755 do?
Cheers for your help
The Following User Says Thank You to mauler57 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mauler57 Ad-Free
26th May 2012, 10:37 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 177

More
why did this sd issue happen in the first place, any idea or was it just random?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)