MetroUI Beta 6 BroBot175 ICS [9/4/12]

Search This thread

BroBot175

Oct 26, 2011
OK, I have used the porting tutorial and flashed the default.zip. Now I have the notification row in the bottem of the screen.
I nhave tried ADW Launcher 1.3.6 and also ADW Launcher EX 1.3. In both the MetroUI isnt working. And the worst thing is, that my ADW Launcher EX dhows me only the Version numbber, Restart ADW and Reset ADW. Nothung more ??

Which ADW version I should use ?

EDIT: also I can't find Desktop Visualiser under wigets :(

install desktop visuliser from market then
so whats not working?
you dont just get the tiles you have to make them iduvidually
follow the guid :)
so the port you have made works?
could you send it to me if it does

harvey186

May 14, 2010
install desktop visuliser from market then
so whats not working?
you dont just get the tiles you have to make them iduvidually
follow the guid :)
so the port you have made works?
could you send it to me if it does

OK, I will search for the visuliser and try it again. But still the question is, which ADW version do you prefere ?

Do you want have the default.zip ? If yes, you will find it here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10241718/Default.zip

Edit : OK, now it works. Alot to do to create the layout, but it works. Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: BroBot175

uranex25

Mar 12, 2011
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Hi, im running task slim, i installed adw ex launcher, flashed the b2 theme and utils, followed the setup guide.....
But, desktop visualiser didnt install. I tried to execute the apk, but i get an error." There is a problem parsing the package" :eek: :eek:

Im runing a task slim v14 on a p7500 galaxy tab 3g

Obs...screenshot is working.i cant post screenshots cause im a new member:)

Hi I am on task rom and this think just not work when install my status bar just gone and can't do nothing more launcher not visible help....

BroBot175

Oct 26, 2011
It's AOPK Beta 3 from here http://www.mediafire.com/?4dgfd2br5uuhpq5
I have posted only the default.zip with your files and my SystemUi and framwork-res. Do you whant the full ROM ? I can intergrate it into the ROM and send it to you tommorow, if you need

Nope just need the name of the ROM so people done install the wring thing :)

Hi I am on task rom and this think just not work when install my status bar just gone and can't do nothing more launcher not visible help....

Flash your from again to get it back to normal
No need to wipe anything
What version are you on?

reguser

Apr 17, 2012
Anyone got an idea what's wrong?

I'm running HC 3.1 on a P7510 Wifi... (P7510XWKG7) Tried both HC zip files without success :-(

What I've done...
1. Downloaded zip to root.
2. Copied MetroUI folder to root
3. Booted into CWM
4. Applied zip from SD card
5. Rebooted

The tablet load initial screen, and the swirling blue logo screen... after that it is stuck on the black flashing SAMSUNG screen?!

Help appriciated

Thanx!

BroBot175

Oct 26, 2011

I'm running HC 3.1 on a P7510 Wifi... (P7510XWKG7) Tried both HC zip files without success :-(

What I've done...
1. Downloaded zip to root.
2. Copied MetroUI folder to root
3. Booted into CWM
4. Applied zip from SD card
5. Rebooted

The tablet load initial screen, and the swirling blue logo screen... after that it is stuck on the black flashing SAMSUNG screen?!

Help appriciated

Thanx!

Hi unfortuantly due to technical reasons you have to have a custom rom installed on your tab before you can flash my theme
So if you want too keep with honeycomb install either galaxy task or overcome
I'd recommend galaxy task but that's just me :)

John NHT

Aug 2, 2011
Philadelphia
Any success with MetroUI Beta 6 and AOKP Build 32??

Two questions:

Has anyone had any success with MetroUI Beta 6 on AOKP Build 32??

And is there a "B6.zip" for AOKP Wifi ICS or is the B4 one the only one for it??

Thanks in advance!!

NHT

reguser

Apr 17, 2012
Hi unfortuantly due to technical reasons you have to have a custom rom installed on your tab before you can flash my theme
So if you want too keep with honeycomb install either galaxy task or overcome
I'd recommend galaxy task but that's just me :)

Thanx for the answer... I tried to install both of the zip's you're suggesting to honeycomb but with no luck... I think I probably will go for the ICS version when ICS is released to Galaxy tab 10.1... or do you have any suggestion to a CFW to use?

Thanx :)

orangekid

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Apr 10, 2009
Is there any way to flash this on Gingerbread or any CM7 version of this?

(want to do it on a TouchPad btw, just can't figure out which one of your threads to ask in)

Shan. k

Dec 7, 2011
Doesn't work on Gtab 10.1 3G overcome ROM

i had followed the steps on ur site but when u say to use adw launcher to place the tiles on the home screen its doesn't work i had moved the .xml file to the root folder then reseted setting but once i return to the home screen nothing appears... i had flashed the file for overcome 3G that worked fine but the .xml file for add launcher ex is not working

blucmal

Nov 13, 2011
Not working a500 aokp milestone 5 or thor 162 or cyangenmod unofficial a500 cheers Anyone with a500 have this working if so what rom are you on?

Last edited:

BroBot175

Oct 26, 2011
Sorry Guys but shutting up shop here

i get board easily and ive decided to stop doing this, which some of you may have noticed as i havnt been on here in ages
ive moved onto web design so no more themes or anything for android
so i shall not be keepoing this theme updated or supported
Thanks everyone as it was fun whilst it lasted
thanks to you guys ive had over 6000 downloads of this theme and ive had nearly 50,000 unique views on my website in the last month.
thanks to those who donated or clicked on adds or whatever
i may still be on this forum somtimes
bye all !

Tigervenus

Jan 14, 2008
Hi Borbot,
Your themes looks totally awesome and I keen to install it. I'm using AKOP Wifi build 35 and tried to flash your theme for this ROM. Once I have flashed theme my tablet got stuck at the boot and did not load at all!!

Any idea how I could install this theme.

Thanks a million in advance.

Khan

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA

Localhorst86

Jul 5, 2011
Germany
Sorry for the double post, but I thought it would be better if this would mark the thread as new.

the icon pack was missing quite a few icons, but thanks to brobots photoshop PSD I was easily able to do most of my missing icons myself (I am now only missing World of Goo and Zen Bound 2). I thought I'd share these:

SC20120515-194742.jpg

Attachments

• SC20120515-194742.jpg
    SC20120515-194742.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 441
  • icons.zip
    878.6 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Reactions: Ahazu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    full.gif

^^^not what it really looks like but a good representation^^^

Metro UI - Brobot175.co.uk

Ice-Cream Sandwich Version Released

This ICS version is based off the forth milestone of the AOKP builds but please will someone make a nandroid and then tell me if it works on any of the other ICS kangs. Cheers in advance.

Check out website for screenshots and full change log

What is it?

This theme allows you to make your homescreen look like the windows 8 metro. It also themes your notifications pannel and taskbar to fit with the MetroUI.

What is it compatable with?

This theme is compatable with GalaxyTask and Overcome 3G and ICS

Whats to come?

My website is brand new and still in beta so i shall be working on it to clear out any bugs.

I shall add tutorials on how to customize more of the theme like the widgets.

More Widgets.

Any other Bug fixes

News
    [9/4] Beta 6 Released. Got rid of villain as it didnt work
    [5/4] Beta 5 Released. Added support to all honeycomb and ICS tablets.
    Added some more wallpapers
    check out website for full change log
    [26/3] Beta 4 Released. Added ICS support.
    Edited widgets to be compatable with ICS.
    Changed names of widgets so they should be easier to find.
    System Theme for ICS including custom switches to fit the theme.
    [17/3] Beta 3 Released. Changes are icons i made for people added. Email widget added (see website)
    [17/3] I have added the order icons page so you can now request any icons you want
    [17/3] I have bought the domain and hosting with money from donations so now website is more stable and quicker.
    [16/3] Added Support For Overcome 3G

If your tab for any reason goes into a bootloop just flash your ROM again without wipeing anything and it will go back to how you had it

I'm still having problems, even with ICS. I am following instructions clearly. I'll tell you what I did, see if you can see something wrong.

Had Galaxy Task Installed.
    Installed Metro theme (Task version).
    Lost bottom bar.
    Cleared the tab in CWR, cache and davlik.
    Flashed AOKP Wi-Fi from zip in CWR.
    Booted into AOKP, all works fine.
    Went back to CWR, installed Metro AOKP zip.
    Booted back up.

No sign of Metro, just the bottom bar buttons changed (see attachment).

What am I doing wrong?

I lost my bottom bar first time I did this too. I reflashed Galaxy Task, it game back. I reflashed the Metro zip and it came back, looking just like yours. You should also notice the notifications pop up has changed. If you want the "Metro Theme" you have to a do a little bit of grunt work.
    On the developers website, do to the downloads section and scroll down to "Metro UI Tiles". Download the .zip and unzip it to your tablet.
    Download ADW Launcher, or your favorite other launcher if you prefer. This is to customize the homescreens so it slides instead of the honeycomb spin. You can also customize the number of "columns" and "rows" on the homescreen to allocate more space for widgets and icons. The dev recommends setting it to 10x10, the max settings.
    Another way to easily set this up is to use the provided "adw settings" file that comes in the "MetroUITiles.zip". If you place that file into your /root folder, or the first directory of your tablet that has all the other folders, then go into the ADW settings and select "Restore Settings" it will load the developers suggested setup so you don't have to do anything.
    To get the icons, there are a few programs you can use. Desktop Visualizer is a free one on the market that does the job really well. Download it, then hold press on the homescreen, select widget, then select the Desktop Visualizer 4x4 widget. The reason to use this size is so that when you shrink it, it will look clearer, starting with a smaller dimension makes the image blurry. Next you can select the image icon, these are located in the unziped "MetroUITiles" folder in either Big or Small. Next you have to assign the job to the icon, so set it as a shortcut to whatever application you want. Remember to "clear" the icon label so that it doesn't display the label under the icon. Then okay and you have yourself your first tile. You can resize it to fit how you want. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. The develop has explained all of this on his website too, I would check it out as it goes over some of the details I skipped.
    I hope this helps.
    Hey there I've made 5 more smalltiles ;)

Goomanager, MX Player, Triple Town, TV Spielfilm and Unrar. Feel free to download it!
    ICS version and B4 released
    Remove screenshot button?

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Nothing on the overcome 3g download, when I press nothing show me