[Q] who uses a kindle fire?

Search This thread

Frostacious

Nov 4, 2011
Rio Grande Valley, TX
i know this isn't the kindle section but i want answers from people i trust. who uses a kindle and are you running stock or a rom? if rom what one? do you lose the ability to connect to amazon for streaming and reading books? i kind of like the stock but the geek in me keeps tossing around putting cm9 on it.

I'm rocking a custom rom on my kindle fire from the sd card and all I have to do is turn off, pull sd card, and than the orignal software turns on. As far as amazon still working I have installed countless apps on the custom rom and have had no problems. Rom being cm7 but you need to google how to in stall into sd card. Hope this helps. + 1 thanks!
Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Reactions: tazfanatic
I'm rocking a custom rom on my kindle fire from the sd card and all I have to do is turn off, pull sd card, and than the orignal software turns on. As far as amazon still working I have installed countless apps on the custom rom and have had no problems. Rom being cm7 but you need to google how to in stall into sd card. Hope this helps. + 1 thanks!

thanks they have a section on xda with a ton of how to. i just want to know if i lose any functionality if i do. i know i can flash back but that is pita. have you tried cm9 on it yet? you said pull sd card?????? you have a external slot?

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
i know this isn't the kindle section but i want answers from people i trust. who uses a kindle and are you running stock or a rom? if rom what one? do you lose the ability to connect to amazon for streaming and reading books? i kind of like the stock but the geek in me keeps tossing around putting cm9 on it.

Not from this forum just came across your post. I have kindle fire running miui an older version. You do lose ability to watch amazon video if rooted and custom roms. Like another poster said, there is an app on market for reading books but alot of people complain its no where near as good as the stock reader. No there is NOT an external sd card so the other poster must be speaking of a different reader. I love my kindle and the fact that there is no way to hard brick it! Alot of people think its hard bricked, but the fire can be fixed no matter what error is there. Alot of roms for it, I've tried a few of but I just keep going back to miui. Sorry to hijack your post. ;)

Not from this forum just came across your post. I have kindle fire running miui an older version. You do lose ability to watch amazon video if rooted and custom roms. Like another poster said, there is an app on market for reading books but alot of people complain its no where near as good as the stock reader. No there is NOT an external sd card so the other poster must be speaking of a different reader. I love my kindle and the fact that there is no way to hard brick it! Alot of people think its hard bricked, but the fire can be fixed no matter what error is there. Alot of roms for it, I've tried a few of but I just keep going back to miui. Sorry to hijack your post. ;)

No problem and thanks you gave me info I wanted. I side loaded ADW launcher which gives me a tablet format when I want it and I can go back to stock when i want just by hitting the home button. still the geek in me wants to hack it lol

AOD_Corwin

Jul 22, 2008
San Diego
I run Aokp I use moon reader for books.

Last edited by a moderator:

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
No problem and thanks you gave me info I wanted. I side loaded ADW launcher which gives me a tablet format when I want it and I can go back to stock when i want just by hitting the home button. still the geek in me wants to hack it lol

It was the first thing I did with mine. I got mine first month it came out so lots of development hadn't been done yet but it came along quick. Thing I hate about stock is that everytime amazon updates (every 2-3 months it seems) it breaks root so another way to root has to be found. That is enough for me to just stay off stock completely.

It was the first thing I did with mine. I got mine first month it came out so lots of development hadn't been done yet but it came along quick. Thing I hate about stock is that everytime amazon updates (every 2-3 months it seems) it breaks root so another way to root has to be found. That is enough for me to just stay off stock completely.

i know the advantages of having root on our phones but what is the advantage on the KF? I side load a launcher and can use it as a tablet or as the reader.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I believe there is a kindle app for Android to read books on the play store

sent from my cm9 loving SPH-D700 using tapatalk

thanks they have a section on xda with a ton of how to. i just want to know if i lose any functionality if i do. i know i can flash back but that is pita. have you tried cm9 on it yet? you said pull sd card?????? you have a external slot?

I believe he means nook color.

#cough#got it#cough#