[CWM-APP][2.00] AROMA Filemanager + TERMINAL :: 15022810 :: Open Source

Search This thread

ramjet73

Jan 12, 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii
For some reason it does not work on my Evo 3D CDMA. I'm running the latest 4ext (1.0.0.5 rc3 or something like that). It asks me about the "Alternate touch", I hit the power button (I've tried both answers), then on the calibration screen, it gets stuck. I hit the power button again, and it takes me to the FM, but does not recognize any touch. I have to pull the battery in order to get out of there.

I have the same setup and it works fine, including the touch. Press the power button to select "No" for the alternate calibration method, and when the dots appear on the screen press each one until it moves. At least for me, the first press caused a ring to appear and it took at least one more press for the dot to move to a new location. Then press the power button when the test screen comes up and you should be good to go.

ramjet73

dafunk2

Sep 22, 2009
Firenze
Hi amarullz, thanks for your awesome masterpieces! I know you since the times of your "Manila Locker" and your other wonders for WinMo and Manila/HTC a lot of centuries ago :D
Mate, you're one of the geniuses here at XDA (and not only).

I translated your -002 in Italian. You can find the archive at the bottom of this post.
Feel free to add it in your next release if you want to.
If you add some more strings to be translated, you can PM or simply post them here and I will do it.
It's a pleasure to be of any help (if any :D) to people like you! :)

Thanks again bud,

dafunk

Attachments

• Italian.rar
    1.6 KB · Views: 69

azcv

Feb 14, 2011
Sofia
Please make an apk version when the program is finished.And if you put it in the google play i have some suggestions:
1.Whe there is update of the apk on the first update of the apk version it will extract the new version of the zip for the recovery from inside the apk.
2.Or on first boot after update the apk will download the new version of recovery zip from internet.

And my opinion for the program:
The touch is working.It needs more functionalities,but it's a good start.It needs the ability to see file/folder details,change permissions and most important:symlink creation like root explorer and ability to change owner of file/folder.

dimeim

Mar 15, 2011
Greece
Xiaomi Mi CC9 / Mi 9 Lite
Great idea, great app, and honestly, great post! You should really make a template of your posts for all developpers to use! ;)
Aroma saved me today when I was stuck at bootanimation due to a buggy bootanimation file. I deleted it with Aroma and all went fine.

However, the program is somewhat buggy and not very responsive. I'm using a Nexus S on the latest AOKP build.

Good job!

amarullz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2007
Bandung
amarullz.blog.unikom.ac.id
Developer Need Help :)
For Autodetection needs, please anyone who already successfull running the AROMA File Manager, to upload the cfg file and recovery build.prop file here.

How to:
Run AROMA Filemanager, and configuring it as best as you can, but please use generic themes & icons.

Set common folders as favorites (etc: /system, /data, /sdcard, /sd-ext).

Exit the filemanager, then copy the build.prop with adb.
adb pull /build.prop c:\

Then copy the aromafm cfg file.
adb pull /sdcard/aromafm-xxxx.zip.cfg c:\

Then upload here... Don't forget to tell me what device is it...

And thanks for all users who use it.

Thanks for translator, I will add it in next release.

For anyone who still unable to run this app, I will try the best to make it works for you, but it will be better to contact me via freenode #aroma, because I need someone to test and give me more information about it device.

This type of program is different from Android based application (extension APK), because the android program doesn't need to modify the code to support the specific device only to showing an UI :), so I need your help... I only have HTC Desire GSM (Bravo)

Reactions: CATA-

Khris40Anime

Dec 11, 2011
very useful especially wen i need to move a rom from place to place thanks. +1

Sent from my LG-MS690 using xda premium

DarkhShadow

Sep 25, 2011
Essex
Developer Need Help :)
For Autodetection needs, please anyone who already successfull running the AROMA File Manager, to upload the cfg file and recovery build.prop file here.

How to:
Run AROMA Filemanager, and configuring it as best as you can, but please use generic themes & icons.

Set common folders as favorites (etc: /system, /data, /sdcard, /sd-ext).

Exit the filemanager, then copy the build.prop with adb.
adb pull /build.prop c:\

Then copy the aromafm cfg file.
adb pull /sdcard/aromafm-xxxx.zip.cfg c:\

Then upload here... Don't forget to tell me what device is it...

And thanks for all users who use it.

Thanks for translator, I will add it in next release.

For anyone who still unable to run this app, I will try the best to make it works for you, but it will be better to contact me via freenode #aroma, because I need someone to test and give me more information about it device.

This type of program is different from Android based application (extension APK), because the android program doesn't need to modify the code to support the specific device only to showing an UI :), so I need your help... I only have HTC Desire GSM (Bravo)

Will get this later

Sent from my ice cream powered Nexus S

Reactions: mkh@xda

remizik

Sep 24, 2010
Nantes
here are the french file versions :)
hope this help !

So just to be sure, we have to "flash" this everytime we want to use the file manager. Right ?

Reactions: amarullz
G

GuestK00403

Confirmed that it is working on the HTC VIVID Vivid/Raider/Velocity
ICS 4.0.3 with WCX recovery

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

The World's First ANDROID Recovery Based Filemanager

Don't Forget To Donate To Me:

Android Recovery was powerfull system. But it was pain when it come to managing your filesystem

But now AROMA Filemanager is available for everyone to do this common tasks.

How To Use?
    Copy the zip into your sdcard, then reboot your device into recovery mode. Choose install from sdcard, then select the AROMA Filemanager ZIP. The file manager will starting, and you are ready to managing your filesystem (copy, cut, delete, make new folder, etc) while you are in recovery.

---------------------A-R-O-M-A---F-i-l-e-m-a-n-a-g-e-r-----------------------

Screen Shoots
    all.jpg
    more at amarullz.com [+]​
    [/URL]​

Downloads & Resources

Download Binary

Version 2.00 [BETA1]- KACAPI
    BUILD:15022810

NOTE: WILL ONLY WORKS ON DEVICE WITH ARM NEON SUPPORT

JUST FLASH IT LIKE YOU FLASH THE ROM

Recent Changelogs:
    • KACAPI - 2.00 [BETA1] - BUILD 15022810
    • new engine fb & input driver
    • support msmfb overlay
    • more neon improve
    • tweaks some ui
    • graphics processing
    • Add run shell (*.sh & executables)
    • Add extract zip file
    • Too many changes for this version, just look at commit logs: https://github.com/amarullz/AROMA-Filemanager/commit/6b97260e1d6de29bdc90e0a801ac79005d230f3d
    • DEGUNG GAMELAN- 1.91 - BUILD 130903
    • Fix Freeze on Changing Themes
    • Fix Exit Transition
    • Add GS4 Touch Support Thanks to Phil3759
    • Add Holo Dark Theme and Holo Iconset :good:
    • DEGUNG GAMELAN- 1.90 - BUILD 130624-008
    • Add Screenshoot (Volume Down+Power Button) - Image Format BMP-565 16 bit
    • Whole new input driver
    • Optimize alphablend processes
    • Optimize and Add Drawing Scale Nearest Neighbor
    • Add drawing functions for alphablend
    • Dialog In & Out Transition
    • Cache recovery display for exit transition
    • Add Exit transition
    • remove unneeded sleep for faster start and exit
    • BUILD WITH ANDROID BUILD ENVIRONMENT - Binary Size Reduce By ~60% - BUILD COMMAND: make aroma_installer; make aroma_installer.zip
    • Add zip build command in building the source
    • Beautifier Source Code. Add beautifier tools in source code tree
    • Improving Efficiency processes when loading and reloading themes
    • Fix color handling on themes
    • Using bilinear scaling in png.9p
    • Remove Arabic Support (For faster and freeing resource, because the features still unusable)
    • Subpixel rendering for Fonts (Clear Type Like)
    • Improve performance with NEON here and there.
    • Tweaks some input driver
    • Bilinear scaling for png icons, Now it look smooth even if it resized
    • -
    • CALUNG - 1.80 - BUILD 121017-007
    • Add TERMINAL EMULATOR - Select Menu -> Open Console :fingers-crossed: :good: :good:
    • TERMINAL Support Color and Other escape characters, you can even run vi or nano in this awesome terminal console - It's on recovery you know :victory:
    • Add more icons in iconset for IME and Terminal Icons
    • Fix stuck when changing directory and Fix some corrupted memory access
    • Add Tap and Hold on IME
    • Rearrange IME Special Characters
    • Add fixed font for terminal - and future used (Editor). I choice consolas.
    • Some Tweaks here and There....

• BONANG- 1.50 - BUILD 121011-006
    • Add Chmod/Change Permission - Tap & Hold the File :good: :good:
    • Add SetUID, SetGID, Sticky info in file list : rwxrwxrwx -- --S--S--T :good:
    • Change png resize from nearest neighbor to bilinear scale - Now the icons is smoother on XHDPI device even if the png icon was in lowres. :good:
    • Remove calibration button on settings
    • Add bma150 to blacklist input device, and improve some touch handler
    • Remove ICS Theme and Add new Holo Light Theme (will add Holo Dark Soon)
    • Modify languages file -- Now Please submit your new language files for next version release

• ANGKLUNG - 1.21 - BUILD 121004-005
    • Fix capacitive button

• ANGKLUNG - 1.20 - BUILD 121003-004
    • Completely new Input/Touchscreen Handler - Thanks to agrabren from TWRP
    • Remove all calibration need.[/COLOR]. :)

• ANGKLUNG - 1.01 - BUILD 120810-003
    • Supported Galaxy Nexus Touch Screen - And maybe other devices now supported
    • ANGKLUNG - 1.00 - BUILD 120510-002
    • Add 107 (KEY_END) For Power Button - defy
    • Fix Tick Count - System tick time (CLOCK_MONOTONIC)
    • Fix copy/move/delete progress bar not updated in some recoveries
    • New dithering method, Better color looks, specially for standard RGB LCD subpixel order
    • Minimalizing ondraw footprint memory
    • ANGKLUNG - 1.00 - BUILD 120510-001
    • Initial Release
    • Support Multilanguage
    • Support Theme
    • Support Iconset
    • Support Custom Fonts
    • Customizable
    • New AROMA UI Calibration Method

Open Source?
    There may be some people who will ask if the project is Open Source, and the quick answer is YES. It is an Open Source Project Now.

BUT PLEASE DON'T EVEN COMPLAIN ABOUT SOURCE QUALITY
    THAT WAS THE WAY I AM DEVELOPING APPLICATION
    I DON'T HAVE ANY TIME TO DO FORMATTING, BECAUSE THE DEVELOPER
    ONLY ONE PERSON
    Source Code

Some Information About AROMA Filemanager

The Codenames
    AROMA Filemanager codename based on Alphabetical Traditional Indonesian Music Instrument. Here the list of already used codename:

ANGKLUNG - 1.00 - 1.2x

BONANG - 1.50

CALUNG- 1.80

DEGUNG GAMELAN- 1.90

Programming Language
    It was application which runs on Android device but not on Android OS Environment that the native applications usually use Java. AROMA Filemanager use C (Pure C, not C++), so it may run on another platform like x86 linux with small modifications ofcourse.​

Used Libraries
    • ZLIB - ofcourse, it was the most awesome thing in computer world :good:
    • PNG
    • MinZIP
    • Freetype
    All library need to compiled as static to make sure it runs without any dependency issue in any devices.​

Official Binary
    I Only support ARM device, but it was opensourced, so anyone can play with the source and compiled it for they own devices.
    Sorry everybody for waiting the new release :crying: !!
    I had so many works in past years, and cannot managed to touch any aroma's code, but luckly I have a couple of project that use many aroma code, and already modify it into the library. I just publish (still usable source) it in github with name "libaroma" and will be next big step core for AROMA Filemanager and AROMA Installer -> https://github.com/amarullz/libaroma - but I need to modify and restructure all filemanager/installer code to use the new library, but It will support even many devices and fixes many bugs and performance.