FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][MOVED] ICS 4.0.4 BCM RC4.1U2 GSM/CDMA <2012-07-03> (Bravo CM9 HWA)

3,526 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,039

By dk_zero-cool, Recognized Contributor on 21st December 2011, 01:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th May 2012, 06:32 PM |#4221  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Horsens

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate51

If DK has a new phone (nice one too) does this mean he has one more release then we no longer have support for this ROM?

I know it's a petty thing, but it would be cool to have the ICS ROM fully stable and working with video recording even at low resolution and video playback working fully for the Desire before he puts it to rest. Does anyone know the full story?

The only thing it means is that I can spend more time on testing do to the fact that I have another phone to use while the other is offline.

So that's a big no, updates will continue.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to dk_zero-cool For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dk_zero-cool Ad-Free

14th May 2012, 07:07 PM |#4222  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Horsens

More
Sorry but the release will have to wait i bit longer. I have a bit of a weird source issue. The current build had some issues in the framework which I need to rebuild in order to fix, but do to the source not working I can't. I am a bit pressed on time tomorrow (Not home at all), so I will get this source thing fixed to day I hope, and then build the damn thing the day after tomorrow and assemble the ZIP.

It's a bitch, but I will not upload something I know has several issues.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to dk_zero-cool For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dk_zero-cool Ad-Free
14th May 2012, 10:29 PM |#4223  
Flag Olney
Thanks Meter: 145

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk_zero-cool

Sorry but the release will have to wait i bit longer. I have a bit of a weird source issue. The current build had some issues in the framework which I need to rebuild in order to fix, but do to the source not working I can't. I am a bit pressed on time tomorrow (Not home at all), so I will get this source thing fixed to day I hope, and then build the damn thing the day after tomorrow and assemble the ZIP.

Not a problem.. I just installed this rom the other day on my CDMA Desire and have had no problems at all yet. Batt life is awesome.. im just now charging since yesterday morning. keep up the great work bud! Would love to see themes working when you get the chance though.. Thanks again
14th May 2012, 10:58 PM |#4224  
Thanks Meter: 184

More
About my mobile data not turning back on, I did also occasionally have the issue with Gb roms as well but reelecting network operator did always reconnect. On this rom it won't reconnect ever after turning data off until reboot. As long as I leave it on it stays connected. I used to be anal about turning data off when not using it, so the one good thing about this rom is its made me get over that a bit. Standby battery usage seems OK even with data left on. Usage seems bad with screen on but maybe just my battery showing age finally. Anyway the rom is working pretty well otherwise.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA
14th May 2012, 11:01 PM |#4225  
Flag Olney
Thanks Meter: 145

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350Rocket

About my mobile data not turning back on, I did also occasionally have the issue with Gb roms as well but reelecting network operator did always reconnect. On this rom it won't reconnect ever after turning data off until reboot. As long as I leave it on it stays connected. I used to be anal about turning data off when not using it, so the one good thing about this rom is its made me get over that a bit. Standby battery usage seems OK even with data left on. Usage seems bad with screen on but maybe just my battery showing age finally. Anyway the rom is working pretty well otherwise.

Does your 3G ( 4G ) icon come on at all? Mine doesnt show in the status bar but i can still connect to everything.. no big deal really its just that i noticed in the framework-res and system.ui there are icons for it
14th May 2012, 11:49 PM |#4226  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Do others also have the issue, that it can't find their hidden (but entered) WiFi ? (secured via WPA2 + MACFiltering)

edit: oh, they will be recognized, but only after reboot,... when turning off and on again, they won't get recognized. (I have 2 WiFi networks... don't ask why :P )

edit2: ok, turning flight mode on + off again helps too...

and lol: i've never had such good WiFi signal w/ this device o.o
14th May 2012, 11:55 PM |#4227  
Flag Zaltbommel
Thanks Meter: 435

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk_zero-cool

Sorry but the release will have to wait i bit longer.

This is so true! Take your time!

Sent from my Desire using XDA
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J_Dutch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift J_Dutch Ad-Free
15th May 2012, 02:33 AM |#4228  

More
My 3g icon didn't show up but I tried it anyways and no it didnt work. Wifi always works although I rarely use it. Normally my Desire is my Wi-Fi hotspot and that is working fine also although battery life is much worse than on gb with wifi hotspot on.

15th May 2012, 03:06 PM |#4229  
Flag Bangor
Thanks Meter: 400

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I had this same problem but was able to fix it using APN Manager.

How To:

1. Download APN Manager from here: http://goo.gl/vOhp5

2. Move APN Manager to root of SD Card

3. Using RootExplorer ( or any equivalent ) move APN Manager to /system/app

4. Long press on APN Manager and select "Change Permissions"

5. Change permissions to the following:

___________READ | WRITE | EXECUTE

OWNER:_____X_____X

GROUP:______X

OTHERS:_____X

6. Press OK

7. Click on the APK file and press install

8. Reboot

9. Open APN Manager and set your APN's

10. Save

Worked for me. I hope it helps.
15th May 2012, 11:35 PM |#4230  

More
Thanks for the advice. I downloaded apn manager them found out the root explorers won't work. I was already es file explorer so I enabled root explorer and it was granted super user successfully then said Test Failed: this function will not work on your phone. Then I tried root browser and it just force closes when I go into the root folders.

15th May 2012, 11:58 PM |#4231  
Flag Bangor
Thanks Meter: 400

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks for the advice. I downloaded apn manager them found out the root explorers won't work. I was already es file explorer so I enabled root explorer and it was granted super user successfully then said Test Failed: this function will not work on your phone. Then I tried root browser and it just force closes when I go into the root folders.

Here try this:

http://goo.gl/gNclc
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)