[CMC-GUI] [DAILY] [PPA] Cyanogenmod Compiler Daily [Depreciated]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

talisak

Mar 18, 2009
Canton
Finally got the sync to complete and now I'm being greeted by "Error: supersonic not found" and the terminal shows:"(build.py:2161): LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-WARNING **: Trying to remove a child that doesn't believe we're it's parent."

lithid-cm

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
Finally got the sync to complete and now I'm being greeted by "Error: supersonic not found" and the terminal shows:"(build.py:2161): LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-WARNING **: Trying to remove a child that doesn't believe we're it's parent."
Sorry that you are having trouble, I have updated the error code to now include more verbosity. You can make this change locally if you would like to run this before the next daily build.

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~long-jeremie/cmcompiler/trunk/revision/17?start_revid=17

Circaflex

Dec 12, 2008
Tustin
this will sound like a dumb question but why must the distro be ubuntu? cant use debian or opensuse to do this?

lithid-cm

Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
this will sound like a dumb question but why must the distro be ubuntu? cant use debian or opensuse to do this?
Well that's simple, because it's the os that is supported by google. I am not going to install every linux os to test and make sure every needed package is installed. I will though work with people who report and give package information so that it can be supported by other operating systems.

Reactions: blorro

dazWiLLiE

Nov 30, 2011
Compile problem...

I have the following problem: (No rule to create target, thats needed for, Stop)

Code:
make: *** Ingen regel för att skapa målet "vendor/samsung/galaxys2-common/proprietary/camera.exynos4.so", som behövs till "out/target/product/galaxys2/system/lib/hw/vendor-camera.exynos4.so".  Stannar.

It seemes that it doesnt copy any files from the phone.

ADB is working:
Code:
$ adb devices
List of devices attached 
304D198ED501309E	device

If I can't resolve this, can't I just extract the files manually and just put them in a folder somewhere?

Edit: Just tried a compile again, and now its working. Strange :)

Edit2: Nope, it bombed again although much later. What do I do?

Last edited:

lithid-cm

Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
I have the following problem: (No rule to create target, thats needed for, Stop)

Code:
make: *** Ingen regel för att skapa målet "vendor/samsung/galaxys2-common/proprietary/camera.exynos4.so", som behövs till "out/target/product/galaxys2/system/lib/hw/vendor-camera.exynos4.so".  Stannar.

It seemes that it doesnt copy any files from the phone.

ADB is working:
Code:
$ adb devices
List of devices attached 
304D198ED501309E	device

If I can't resolve this, can't I just extract the files manually and just put them in a folder somewhere?

Edit: Just tried a compile again, and now its working. Strange :)

Edit2: Nope, it bombed again although much later. What do I do?
Not every phone will compile perfectly. There is plenty of trial and error when compiling. Fix the errors and try again.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

mborgues

Nov 11, 2010
Marília, SP
compile error

Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 552, in __bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "/usr/share/cmcompiler/prog/build.py", line 45, in run
d = "%s/device/%s/%s" % (repo_path, build_manu, build_device)
NameError: global name 'build_manu' is not defined

jscurtu

Nov 20, 2010
Saarbrücken
launchpad.net
thanks for the nice application..
unfortunately, I use KDE (kubuntu) and the application is very much tied to the ubuntu desktop and the debian package on launchpad is missing some dependencies after installation..

"python-gtk2"
"python-appindicator"

those will automatically install other missing dependencies as

"cario"
"libgtk-3-bin"
"libgtl-3-0"
"libappindicator*"
"libgtk-3-common"

Anyway.. here is a updated control file for your debian packaging, couldn't find it on github to push..
It will help other non gnome users get this installed and running:

Code:
Source: cmcompiler-daily
Section: devel
Priority: optional
Maintainer: lithid <long.jeremie@gmail.com>
Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 7.4.15)
Standards-Version: 3.9.2
Homepage: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1415661

Package: cmcompiler-daily
Architecture: any
Depends: python, python-gtk2, python-appindicator
Description: Cyanogenmod Compiler daily build
 Build cyanogenmod for offically supported devices (daily development builds)

I did not find a license for your application?

BolecDST

May 4, 2009
Dublin
self.run()

Same problem here, only in line 551.

lithid-cm

Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
thanks for the nice application..
unfortunately, I use KDE (kubuntu) and the application is very much tied to the ubuntu desktop and the debian package on launchpad is missing some dependencies after installation..

"python-gtk2"
"python-appindicator"

those will automatically install other missing dependencies as

"cario"
"libgtk-3-bin"
"libgtl-3-0"
"libappindicator*"
"libgtk-3-common"

Anyway.. here is a updated control file for your debian packaging, couldn't find it on github to push..
It will help other non gnome users get this installed and running:

Code:
Source: cmcompiler-daily
Section: devel
Priority: optional
Maintainer: lithid <long.jeremie@gmail.com>
Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 7.4.15)
Standards-Version: 3.9.2
Homepage: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1415661

Package: cmcompiler-daily
Architecture: any
Depends: python, python-gtk2, python-appindicator
Description: Cyanogenmod Compiler daily build
 Build cyanogenmod for offically supported devices (daily development builds)

I did not find a license for your application?
Thanks I made those changes and have merged the debian files into my repo, they were on launchpad. I have also added a license.

Thanks

https://github.com/lithid/Cmcompiler

mborgues

Nov 11, 2010
Marília, SP
Error

self.run()

What is this error?

lithid-cm

Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
Ok, i select my device (Zeppelin) in the list and sync, now, how i correct this or select the device manufacturer?
It should find your device manufacturer automatically. Can you post your device path? Go into the repo path, then cd until you are in your device tree and type "pwd" i guess there could be something wrong with the logic, I will be more then happy to look.

Nvm I found out why you are getting that error. I didn't add in proper checks for GB, currently only ics. I am fixing that now and will post a link to the fixed changes.

Thank you.

Edit: Fixed
https://github.com/lithid/Cmcompiler/commit/c532e10bd647d72be9bc1b8f0d819fe245825045

Last edited:

BolecDST

May 4, 2009
Dublin
I don't know how about mborgues but it didn't help me. I still get:

Code:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 551, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()

Also when I right click the red android face it shows on the first line "Compiling 0:00:00.001526"

and when I click on "open" in the second line it says "Nie można odnaleźć "/home/bolec/.cmcompiler/build/out/target/product/ace"."

which means "can't find "/home/bolec/.cmcompiler/build/out/target/product/ace"."

edit: maybe I edited it in wrong way? I just located the files in the usr/share/cmcompiler/prog folder, copied them to desktop, edited in gedit and then used sudo mv to move them back to their place.

edit2: I left the terminal session running in background and after a couple of minutes it also showed this:

Code:
(build.py:3727): LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-WARNING **: Trying to remove a child that doesn't believe we're it's parent.

edit3: nah, this last message shows when I click "open".

Last edited:

mborgues

Nov 11, 2010
Marília, SP
It should find your device manufacturer automatically. Can you post your device path? Go into the repo path, then cd until you are in your device tree and type "pwd" i guess there could be something wrong with the logic, I will be more then happy to look.

Nvm I found out why you are getting that error. I didn't add in proper checks for GB, currently only ics. I am fixing that now and will post a link to the fixed changes.

Thank you.

Edit: Fixed
https://github.com/lithid/Cmcompiler/commit/c532e10bd647d72be9bc1b8f0d819fe245825045

after edit the files, the same error is displayed:

self.run()

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cyanogenmod Compiler (CMC) GUI
    Build cyanogenmod with a gui.

1ZFWd.png

Known issues:
    - Currently no multi-threading, which means when you press sync or compile, there is no loading bar (app looks like its failing, its not.). I am working on that.
    (If you want to watch the output of the sync or compile, just open a terminal and type "cmc", I log all to the system.)
    - When locking the CMCompiler to the unity launcher you have to logout and log back in refer: ubuntu bug 916098
    - Currently there isn't great error logic and dialogs to warn you about everything. Something that is still being working on. Just run from the terminal if you have an issue that you need to report.
    - Missing make clean and make installclean. These will be added in the future.

Found bugs to fix v0.1:
    - No "/" at the end of custom repo string path.
    - Error checking for compile start

*Please any issue that should arise, I apologize in advanced. Please let me know with as much detail as possible to replicate the issue and I will resolve it.

Please read:
    I have thought maybe times different ways I was going to go about this. Ads, donate version, paid app, etc. I choose to keep the project open, as that's how I roll. I do ask that if you enjoy the application that you try to donate something. This was my first gui project and took a lot of time and effort to even get it to where it is right now. I hope everyone enjoys the app as much as I enjoy working on it.

Install:
    Note: If you are using the old ppa then look at post # 2 on how to remove it before adding this.
    Code:
    sudo apt-add-repository ppa:lithid/ppa
    sudo apt-get update

Install daily dev builds:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install cmcompiler-daily

Install beta builds:

Note: Not yet available.
    Code:
     sudo apt-get install cmcompiler-beta
    Install stable builds:
    Note: Not yet available.
    Code:
     sudo apt-get install cmcompiler
    Note: You cannot have daily and stable at the same time. You can only use either or.

Source code | Bugs | Answers
    Build info:
    daily-builds

Enjoy some signatures from SavocaFTW:

Cq1ed.jpg

IjnVz.jpg

121EB.jpg

You can follow me on google+ I tend to talk about it a bit on there as well.
    Cyanogenmod Compiler (CMCompiler) HALP!

Error Codes:
    Error: Need to sync first - After choosing compile, the program didn't find the needed .repo folder in your repo path. This assumes you never ran sync, so you never downloaded the code. You could have also renamed the .repo folder to something else, which would cause this error as well.
    Error: device not found - Your device was not found in the repo, might be unsupported.
    Error: Adb isn't running - First time running compile, you will need to have your phone connected and ADB running in order to pull off needed files from your phone.
    Error: Extract-files came back False - This means a script called extract-files.sh failed to pull off those needed files from your phone.
    Error: Compile error please check - This indicates that your build failed. You will need to run cmcompiler via terminal to get why.
    Error: Repo Script needs setup - You don't have the repo script installed. Install it.
    Code:
    curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/repo
    chmod a+x ~/repo
    sudo mv ~/repo /usr/local/bin/repo
    Error: No device configured - Appears there is no device configured, just select one from the setup menu.

Removing old ppa:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove cmcompiler-daily
    sudo apt-get install ppa-purge
    sudo ppa-purge ppa:long-jeremie/ppa
    About Cmcompiler CLI
    ** If you are still using the CLI version, I have not updated it in sometime. I might get back to that but for right now the gui is my main focus. Please understand. You could always clone and make edits to the CLI here
    for anyone still following, some big things are about to happen to cmc.

https://plus.google.com/photos/103024643047948973176/albums/5731412329610445089
    I know I haven't been updating the github code in a few days but that is because I have been working on a pretty decent update.

2in8t.png

Instead of the one interface and items branched off, this will be one unified Cyanogenmod Compiler. Each page will explain what the option is that you are choosing. If there are commands, it will show you them, this new update will actually teach you how to compile a rom without a gui, just by following the steps. This isn't just a walk through. It will be just like the old "setup" dialog I had, except with more information. I really hope you guys will enjoy the new update coming in the next few days.

Thank you.
    I have released the Beta v0.1 of the CMC GUI. Please be gentle if you run into issues. Been trying very hard to test everything I can.

Thanks!

READ THE OP